Shipping of Civ 4 - when?

I gave up on Amazon UK for Civ3 Complete. They kept moving the forecast delivery date back a week or more every week, long AFTER it had started shipping in the States. I cancelled that order and ordered on MacGold for a free 48 hour delivery. Amazon UK didn't even have Civ4 listed for pre-order last time I looked.

So I've pre-ordered Civ4 on MacGold again, who are currently forecasting a July delivery.

dojoboy said:
Nope, I was wrong. The news piece refers to Civ4's FC status. But, there is this recent tidbit from Brad.
Ahah! Exactly what I hoped for as a response to my post :D

monaco27 said:
Where are you guys buying (pre-ordering?) Civ 4 from?
Is Amazon the only good place?

Why the MacGameStore of course. ;)

I'm taking that to mean shipping to retailers. But it still means that those lucky Americans that have pre-ordered might have the game in time for a long 4th-of-July weekend. :)

Now, if I only had a new Intel-Mac. *sigh*

I have a new Intel iMac, I pre-ordered through Amazon US, their estimate on delivery seems to match up to the delivery date announcement, and I am STILL worried that I'll end waiting for weeks for something to show up for some odd reason ...

Gatekeeper said:
Well, I've pre-ordered my copy of Civ IV from Amazon ... now all I have to do is submit the order for my new Intel iMac!

If you can afford it get the 20" iMac with 2Gig of ram. It's a lot to spend on a computer but it's a *beautiful* system that does everything you need right out of the box.

floppymoose said:
If you can afford it get the 20" iMac with 2Gig of ram.
More precisely, get the 20" iMac with 1GB of RAM, as a single stick, and then buy another 1GB stick from a third-party retailer. You can easily save $100 over getting it with 2GB from Apple.

Darn that Amazon One Click... just ordered my copy today. Now I'm going to be counting the days...

Hopefully 4!

Anyone know if Apple Stores will carry this game, and if so, when?

Yup, Apple stores carry Aspyr games...It ships to retailers Monday, so I'm guessing they'll have it at the end of next week or early the following week.

Top Bottom