SID on pangaea

Played 2 turns. Egyptians want peace. I think may be an "Idea" to make peace with RoP, and destroy Germans faster.
Alternatively we may make MA with Egypt vs "everybody" for gpt and trade Medecine, say.
(4 turns quasi Er agreement...). We may need to gift City to Egypt at this scheme...
I think I'll go this way...
No MPP with Persia.
Persia at Fashism, has Infantry allready...

0 610*AD ""* Trade wine for 37 gpt to Persia. Kill German MI. Put Trebs in big cross near capital. (AI programmed the way to unload there)
IBT Persia troops running
1 620*AD ""*Capture Leipzig, Frankfurt. Build*RR, make New Ismn, Capture Kenigsberg. Trade Iron to Babylon for 101 gpt.
IBT Persia troops running. Cleo wants peace, offer worker. Wait. Egyptian LB come.
2 630*AD ""* Build*RR. Make peace with Cleo Worker foe 80. She is at war with Germany and all others. Make MA vs Germany and RoP with Cleo to access Elefantine and Nuremberg. No way, Persia blocks all roads.
IBT Persia Capture Elefantine. Cossack appears near Saltsburg. Leipzig and Kenigsberg flipped back. China declares to us (no WH, as MA with Russians).
3 640*AD ""*Capture Leipzig, Kenigsberg ,New Berlin, Nuremberg. Build*RR.
IBT Persia troops running, kill Cossack. Russia captures Elefantine. Cleo makes peace with Germany.
4 650*AD ""*Capture Stuttgaet. Build*RR
IBT Persia troops running, more Cossacks appear near Saltsburg. Russia capture Thebes. Persia finished US and starts ToE.
5 660*AD ""*Capture Hannover. Germany no more. Peace with Russia for Electricity +37 and we pay 188 gpt. Peace with Japan for 80. Electricity for Industry, Silk 227 Gold. We are little below with Japan and Babylon in Techs, well below Russia and Persia and above Mongols, China and Egypt.

What next? We still have some WH from Mongols, better not to touch them. WW from Russia about 25%. But we may trade RP for all our gpt (Russia at war with Babylon) and ask “remove or declare” next turn. Then try to advance to Elefantine, Alexandria. (For Coal).
Will continue after discussion.

Attachments

• Diplomacy_660.JPG
    Diplomacy_660.JPG
    180.3 KB · Views: 305
  • 660AD.JPG
    660AD.JPG
    284.4 KB · Views: 376
  • Gilgames5 of the Sumerians, 660 AD.SAV
    461.4 KB · Views: 196
lurker's comment:

Could you explain what you mean by this?
If Capital "empty" AI send a ships with troops to "capture".
They unload in 21 City zone (Fat (big) cross). If they can't they chuse another City, don't know which. So mooving Trebs in and out of big cross AI's ships goes back and forth.

IBT Persia troops running. Japan unload near Musk City.
6 670*AD ""* Build*RR. Decided to trash the rest of trade reputation. Sell to Russia Fur and 474 gpt for 2114+RepParts. Pillage fur. Get gpt back. Sell RP to Japan for Corporation+111 gpt. Start Steel at min. Upgrade some Canons and UU to Infantry. As reputation gone there is no reason to pay 188 gpt to Russia.
IBT Persia Finished ToE. Some fight Persia vs Russia. Looks that both exhausted.

7 680*AD ""*Declare Russia. Capture Elefantine. 2 Trebukhets, 6 slaves and German Labor. Build*RR and Colony. Advanses to Hills near Alexandria.
IBT Persia cancel Coal deal. (it was more then 100 gpt) Russia send 9 Inf and 2 Cossacks from Alexandrea to Elefantine.

8 690*AD ""*Capture Alexandria. We have our own Coal! Build*RR
Kill Cossacks. Send Settler to replace Alexandria. Build Fortress.
IBT Persia troops running

9 700*AD ""*Build another Fortress. Replace to New Alexandria.
Make Peace with Mongols, get Nationalism. Lux 10% as no WH. Build*RR. Kill some Infantry and Cossacks in open ground. We may mobilize, but probably need more Libs first. Ignas decide.
IBT Persia troops running. Russia kill conscript and block main supply line near Elefantine.

10 710*AD ""* Build alternative road to Elefantine via swamps. Build*RR. WW 20% again. Left as it is, next player will deal. Clean main line. However at any moment Egypt may expand and “close”. So care about alternative line. We may build some explores to protect our RR from Persia.

We have to decide “now” will we continue research, or we may just push forward with Cavs, Arty and Infantry. I think it is possible, but very boring. May be we research to Tanks and Bombers?

Ignas up.

Attachments

• Sid on Pangea710 AD.SAV
    461 KB · Views: 199
  • Sumerians, 700 AD.jpg
    Sumerians, 700 AD.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 372
I don't quite like the exploits we used in this games especially braking treaties to get rid of gpt or disconnecting luxes...anyway what is done is done, so I'd say continue on the warpath and eliminate the AI's picking up techs along the way.

I don't quite like the exploits we used in this games especially braking treaties to get rid of gpt or disconnecting luxes...anyway what is done is done, so I'd say continue on the warpath and eliminate the AI's picking up techs along the way.
I declare next turn and get rid of reputation due to war is not exploit I count. Difference is very slim, you know...

Got it.

Another game is in the bag I guess.
The fastest way to win I see is with artys and cavs so will do this.

Any ideas for the next game? :D

I am thinking about Humanitarin Variant: We can't capture Cities with Wonder(s) and Palace. And play for domination. Deity probably doable.

ok, got it then

Pre-Turn
increase lux to 20%, MM properly, we only need 1 scientist, but we could use more civil engineers

1. 720AD
move towards Dallas
rush some stuff again, especially settlers

IT Russia drops a rifle behind the lines and attack a reg infantry that was sitting on a fur colony and take it out after losing
3 units themselves

2.730AD
found Koala
redline 2 infantry and capture Dallas, take out pop 1city Kazan
found Furstadt to connect to the front, liberate Denver

IT Babs and Russia sign peace, Russians run around like headless chicken

3. 740AD
build an embassy with Japan, building wall Street
we might want to seal espionage from them

Buffulo is the next target and easily taken
the east is more or less clear, but access to the west might be slower

found 3 cities, we are currently over the unit support limit anyway

IT Egypt and Russia sign peace as well

4. 750AD
slow advance, found another city
rush factory in our capital

IT Russia and Persia are nicely exchanging units :)

5. 760AD
take out Detroit

IT babil deposes us and joins Persia, no good

6. 770AD
abandon Detroit as the flip risk is too high, found a city nearby so we can attack next city
Abydos has 8 infantry, but we manage to take the city with a mere loss of 1 Cav

IT more and more Russian infantry shows up,

7. 780AD
abandon Abydos and found a new city
attack, take and abandon Orenburg, claims some territory that Egypt left behind

enough is enough for now, get 760gold for peace
get sanitation from Japan for 3600 gold, sell it to Persia for 3250gold

8. 790AD
we simply can't get any tech even for a lot of money
get democracy and free artistry and some small change from Mongols for a tech
give medicine to Egypt for some gpt and 50gold, we can always fight them if we want
go for a safe steal and get steel from Persia
sell this to japan for all our money we gave them (3443gold) and get espionage to boot
it costs us a bomb but manage to get refining for 3600gold and steel from Russia

just realize that Persia has airports already...how nice is that?
of course we also have no oil

as Egypt does have a city with access to oil, declare on them. Take Buto and Pi-Rameses, Heliopolis, El Amarna and Asyut, Egypt is down to 2 cities

rush quite a few settlers, we are on a min run to combustion

9. 800AD
capital finishes coal plant and starts on IA

take Hieranconpolis and Huanuco Pampa and Egypt is gone
found a city to fill some space

upgrade a few captured cannons, some settlers are brought to spots to settler
artillery is next to capital

stop here as it is the right # of turns
we need to decide what we are going to do
Persia is obviously running away with techs and money and have a lot of units around, luckily they fight a lot as well. They might be too strong to be taken out

So, what are we going to do next?
Do we steal techs with spies (IA don in 7). Do we fight more?

Nerovats up here. I'd abonded Detroit (silk City ) now and replace ASAP nerby. Lux is too valuable to loose via flip...
Absolutely have no idea, how to proseed. Position requied to prepare to war vs Persia...

Persia is just to strong for now. In our territory alone they got about 40 infantry. Let them use those on the Russians and Japanese. Babylon is average to us in strength. We might sign RoP with Persia, and take them out, or at least cut them big big time. As they are just average to us they are losing to Japan and should soon start to really lose. This would make Japan even stronger. Beter we grow in stead. After 20 we can regroup and take Persia on. We have just a few arties. But lot's of armies. I think we should change cav builds to arties. Two stacks of 10-15 arties and 2 armies should take most of their cities in 10 turns or so. Rush arties and settlers to claim land. We have enough workers for this to work. just need 2 settlers each turn.

I don't mean war with Persia now. But we have to prepare somehow. It will be Morden soon and if we do nothing we will face space ship rush. With current wars UN may be not an issue, but still. RoP is impossible as we use it vs Germany (but may be for big gpt money??)

At first question they wanted 420 gold for it, but can haggle. Should be home soon today so start to play this afternoon.

Well am in my sixth turn and am half way trough Babylon.
Might continue tomorrow, but have to stop for the day. Got an MGL this turn. Will create cav-army unless we want to save it. Turn on science and get tank army.

Top Bottom