DocT
DJMGator13
grahamiam
gozpel
dmanahko
Sir Bugsy
Bede
Sirian
(Final order of go established on check-in)

@DocT, will you do the honors and get us started?

Checking in!!!! :)

@d-man, have you applied your fog-gazing skills yet?

Brother Bede, I never really had those. :)
But i am sure quite bored at work today.
Everybody around still thinks of Christmas break :lol:

grahamiam said:
i'm here :wavey: can i be Bernardo?

Yeah!! Brother Bede, why don't you put our names above each of Magnificients on that picture of yours :)

lurker's comment: This looks interesting. I'm curious, what are the settings?

And that's the biggest roster I've seen :)

viper275 said:
lurker's comment: This looks interesting. I'm curious, what are the settings?

And that's the biggest roster I've seen :)

sid vicious

bede (aka said:
This start was generated by our friend scoutsout. Sir Bugsy and I determined it deserved SID level play. Here are the SeedBeast Stats:

Barbarians: RAGING.
Climate: WET.
LandForm: PANGAEA.
Map Size: STANDARD.
Ocean Coverage: 70%.
Temperature: WARM.
World Age: 5 BILLION YEARS.
World seed: 45321

PLAYERS:
India (Human player)
Babylon
France
Scandinavia
Mongols
Ottomans
Persia
Rome

:salute: reporting for duty.

d-man - I was actually thinking of doing that with the picture, but I couldn't find anyone ugly enough to be me.

BTW - Recommend getting a copy of Elmer Bernstein's score to the movie for inspiration while playing. We're going to need all the inspiration we can get. For those who grew up in the 70's it is also the music they used for Marlborough commercials.

We have three choice on where to send the settler, N, S or SE. We probably need to think about how best to use all those cows.

I recommend moving settler either S or SE, worker stays where it is and starts irrigating 1st cow.
That way we will pop the hut when we settle down.
Otherwise hut will be popped when city expands and we will get those pesky barbarians and i hate when that happens.

Sir Bugsy said:
We have three choice on where to send the settler, N, S or SE. We probably need to think about how best to use all those cows.
with that setup, we should be able to do something very nice :)

irrigating 2 cows, and mining 1 cow, 1bg, will give us +7fpt and +7spt at size 4. put a 2nd town close by and it can use one irrigated cow when Dehli is 4.7 and we still get +3fpt and +8spt (probably +10 with growth and another forest, assumes we come off cow and use a mined grass/irr plain). there's probably a way to get 2 settler factories going with those cows if we put our mind to it (and see a little more terrain) :)

on a stratigic level, what do we research for? we start with alpha + pott, dare we bee-line for Lit and GLib, counting on the AI to build all other wonders in the meantime and kill any possible cascade?

microbe said:
How about moving SW to pop up the hut directly and settle there?
i have no problem with that either. we can only get gold, maps, or a conscript warrior on sid. no tech or settlers, iirc.

If I knew who was who I'd add the names :)

So far the list looks like this:
G-man - Bernardo
Bede - Vin

Any others?

Maybe I should change the title to "SID Vicious" :lol: ?

grahamiam said:
i have no problem with that either. we can only get gold, maps, or a conscript warrior on sid. no tech or settlers, iirc.

Anything but barbarians is good for me :)

grahamiam said:
If I knew who was who I'd add the names

Use your imagination... I promise we won't get offended :)

I'd say go for the hut. Maps, gold and an MP are worth having. The worst that could happen is the hut is empty.

Checking in.
Don't know enough about the magnificent 7 to pick a nickname - but I do kow enough about Sid Vicious to not pick that one :p.
I'd prefer to be Johnny Rotten - not a great Pistols fan, but Public Image Ltd. was one of my favorite bands way back in time :rolleyes: Ah, the memory!

I'd prefer to move the Settler on the hut; that pulls in the Hill.
Worker or Warrior first (I'd go with the Worker)? Road first?
Irrigate the 2 S Cows, mine the N one - I'm not sure if we want two Settler Factories, or The Great Library...
Min on Writing is obvious.

Top Bottom