Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 24th of February 2014

Rev 7193:
The part where ones own automated units do their job takes easily 5-10 times longer than with 7180.

Rev 7193:
The part where ones own automated units do their job takes easily 5-10 times longer than with 7180.

Possibly. We have adjusted which techs give the increases to work speed and removed a couple of increases which were giving a double boost. Some techs were giving new workers with increased work speed and increasing worker speed.

Possibly. We have adjusted which techs give the increases to work speed and removed a couple of increases which were giving a double boost. Some techs were giving new workers with increased work speed and increasing worker speed.

Thats not what I meant. All automated units eg hunters, border patrol, explorers etc take much much longer for their attacks/moves to complete today.

im playing a game and the barbarians on my land just attacked me with a aka hero the tore. its 11 strength hero and the barbarians have it?

A few interface and

-Several off t civics have a bunch of separate lines for things that add +1 happy, or other such things... can someone consolidate those I don't have be creative to figure out all the features of Civics I can't access yet?

-Even though C2C now has a number of Civs based on North American tribal societies... there is still inexplicably a Civ called 'Native Americans'. Unless your suggesting that this group is composed of the descendants of time traveling hipsters who decided to take being 'Native Americans' before it was cool to the logical extreme. Thus stealing a time machine and being unable to return as the return fuel cell was removed to make room for more cigs, this seems a nonsense Civ.

-Which brings to mind that I just found out I was battling a Civ run by a parrot. That was a bit odd... though I also discovered a hoard of Leaders based on C2C developers. While I have no issue with this... I do take exception to all of the apparently being Temperamental, Protective, Humanitarian rulers that favor Pacifism and Shamanism. It doesn't help they help they all apparently where marshals in an old west town for exactly the same time period.

I'm now fighting the urge to spoil the map, for the sole reason of finding out if one of the 6 continents in my 50 Civ giant map game is entirely populated with these odd cloned leaders. Can you guys at least give them different flaws or something to tell them apart?

The 6 pseudo nations are not for play yet. They will be when we get rid of all the others and make you evolve your civ from scratch. There is a long way to go before we get there. They are there so we modders can try out stuff that gets us down the path(s) we want to go towards this goal. They should have no traits. There should be one per region. They should be turned off for general use.

im playing a game and the barbarians on my land just attacked me with a aka hero the tore. its 11 strength hero and the barbarians have it?

Hows it feel, now you know how along the coarse of the VIKINGs, how the nations felt when THEY invaded and killed almost everyone, including priest:p

The 6 pseudo nations are not for play yet. They will be when we get rid of all the others and make you evolve your civ from scratch. There is a long way to go before we get there. They are there so we modders can try out stuff that gets us down the path(s) we want to go towards this goal. They should have no traits. There should be one per region. They should be turned off for general use.

I was thinking perhaps those pseudo-civs should get to pick ANY of the leaders from the region's list of countries. Such as if you picked European you could pick Napoleon or Isabella or Elizabeth, etc. but not Shaka or Montezuma or Tokugawa, etc.

Hows it feel, now you know how along the coarse of the VIKINGs, how the nations felt when THEY invaded and killed almost everyone, including priest:p

problem is i have a location im going to build a city that would let me build the aka civ but now the hero is a barbarian does that mean i cant build him?

Assert Failed

File: CvGlobals.cpp
Line: 4861
SVN-Rev: 7183
Expression: strcmp(szType, "NONE")==0 || strcmp(szType, "")==0

----------------------------------------------------------

Hi

I have hanging game

Im using SVN 7193

the game hangs and a dialogue box pops up on the desktop that reads

"Art Info : ART_DEF_UNIT_NATIVE_WARLORD_MEDIEVAL"

I saw a post on something similar dated feb 21 03.34 in the SVN discusion forum

I got the same error in the main release 34 so I switched to the SVN 7193 but it still occurs ( using the original save game file, I assume its looking for a resource in the mod rather than an inherant bug embedded in the save game file from the original version 34 but i could be wrong).

Anyway any help would be great.

Its a really good mod I rarely play anything else (Ive been gaming since before the original Civilisation, the game that is not the concept Im not that old!)

So a big thanks from an old timer

Assert Failed

File: CvGlobals.cpp
Line: 4861
SVN-Rev: 7183
Expression: strcmp(szType, "NONE")==0 || strcmp(szType, "")==0

----------------------------------------------------------

This is because some just copy and paste. I fixed it (later)

Hi

I have hanging game

Im using SVN 7193

the game hangs and a dialogue box pops up on the desktop that reads

"Art Info : ART_DEF_UNIT_NATIVE_WARLORD_MEDIEVAL"

I saw a post on something similar dated feb 21 03.34 in the SVN discusion forum
So a big thanks from an old timer

Yes this was fixed, and the only reason your probably getting it is because, when was the last time you "cleared your cache?"

This is because some just copy and paste. I fixed it (later)

Yes this was fixed, and the only reason your probably getting it is because, when was the last time you "cleared your cache?"

To my shame never :blush:

I just have cleared it but Im still geting the same error at the same point

5th MAF in same game. This time the Minidump is bigger than 1kb.

Hope it helps.

JosEPh

Edit: just had a loading CTD that produced a 0 size Minidump. It was an Autosave of the turn that eventually produced the below MiniDump from a MAF. But if there is no one looking into this.....then this mod is useless for me now. I have too good of a system that has never MAF'd before. It's things done in this mod after the launch of v34 that is causing these not my system nor my OS. And I don't think T-Brd can fix this type of problem by himself. alberts2 might be able too but it seems that he's already burning out. I think I'm going back to v33 right before v34 release. There were several stable builds during that timeframe. Nothing has been stable in v34 after the 7106 build. I thought 7138 was till it started producing these MAFs. And SO, C2Cplayer Is Not imagining these MAFs and CTDs. They will get you too soon enough.
Took a look at this one and it's a crash in the exe. This is most likely an art issue and art's been in flux around then. I think we're getting the holes patched up there.

Haven't had one of those 0 kb minis show up in a while on my recent playtesting. Not sure what happened but maybe some xml adjustment or fix incidentally took care of it? I've been doing a lot of little fixes here and there in the code and it's always possible whatever is causing this might get fixed by default by another repair.

Hi there, first time posting in the forums. Lurked for a _loooong_ time and played C2C for ages. Thanks for the mod, it's definitely my favorite for pretty much any game, ever.

Now there have been issues before, but always fairly minor ones, but this kinda screwed me over so I decided to make an acco just to report it.

To put it simply, discovering the tech Industrialism, and letting turn end once destroys every single Metropolitan Administration I've built. I can then start rebuilding back from Village Hall status, but each time a building finishes it just gets wrecked instantly, thus I'm permanently stuck at pre-village hall status. Took a few screenshots to showcase what happens, and I can drop my savefiles somewhere if that'll be of assistance.

Why is this such a problem? Well all my cities lose that third tick of radius where the citizen can work. It still shows them as workable in the city management screen but I can't even manually force any citizen to work those tiles. This happens to every city except my capitol, I guess since the building there giving the 3-radius range is a national wonder and thus can't get wiped or something.

Now this is far from game breaking, but it is highly annoying, and I hope there's a sollution to this out there. Please get back to me if there's a need for the save files.

Thanks.

It's complicated but it's all XML. These are the prerequisite bonuses (resources) that the Metropolitan Administration possesses:
Code:
			<Bonus>BONUS_FURNITURE</Bonus>
			<PrereqBonuses>
				<Bonus>BONUS_BRICKS</Bonus>
				<Bonus>BONUS_CEMENT</Bonus>
			</PrereqBonuses>
There are TONS of buildings, many of which are craft and goods generation buildings, that obsolete at Industrialism.

I didn't take further time to identify WHICH of these prerequisites your cities have lost access to due to the obsoletion of a building but the code tracking made it very clear that loss of one of these three is why you have a sudden exodus of the functionality of your Metro Admins. You can't rebuild the metro administrations because they aren't destroyed... just disabled until you can get back access to the lost resource prerequisite.

I'll turn the rest of this over to the xml guys that setup this massive volume of obsoleting resource (goods) producing buildings at Industrialism when they should instead have been buildings that could be replaced by better upgrades that open up at Industrialism rather than going completely obsolete at that tech.

I'll turn the rest of this over to the xml guys that setup this massive volume of obsoleting resource (goods) producing buildings at Industrialism when they should instead have been buildings that could be replaced by better upgrades that open up at Industrialism rather than going completely obsolete at that tech.

Having the buildings that provide the resource at Industrialism will still cause the problem because the old will obsolete on discovering the tech and the new will only just become available.

In my view any building that upgrades to another should only become obsolete when its upgrade is free in new cities.

edit An example that really annoys me is the outpost/tower line

Building | Current | | Suggest |
| Available | Obsolete | Free new cities | Obsolete
Frontier Outpost| Carpentry | Siege Warfare| Masonry | Artillery
Fortified Outpost| Masonry | Engineering | Artillery | Rail Gun
Watch Tower | Masonry and Maths | Artillery| Artillery | Rail Gun
Guard Tower | Siege Warfare | Artillery | Artillery | Rail Gun
Keep Tower | Engineering (Pop 6)| Artillery | (not possible)

You make a good point but my argument would be just to have them NOT obsolete at all. The upgrade building would naturally be all you'd want to build at that point (and we really should make the bug option that shows only the best available building in an upgrade chain in the build lists mandatory.) Why should they obsolete anyhow? Just because your city hasn't updated itself to the better way of manufacturing a good doesn't mean the old way doesn't work still. Quakers prove this to us with their lifestyle ;)

The problem isn't that Barbarians can get heroes, its that the Aka heroes are 11 Str in prehistory, they need either much higher tech requirements or much lower str.

I've also seen the barbarians build heroes whose culture providing building can not be built.

The problem isn't that Barbarians can get heroes, its that the Aka heroes are 11 Str in prehistory, they need either much higher tech requirements or much lower str.

I've also seen the barbarians build heroes whose culture providing building can not be built.

also he spawned from nowhere their isnt a city anywhere near him a bar city just spawned a few turns ago way far from him and i have it surrounded so he didnt come from there. seems like he is just a random barb spawn that steals a hero i could build.

Well, I think the barbarians function as a normal nation meaning that they can build the culture in one city and the hero in another.

But I also think that TB barred the barbarians from building wonders a couple of SVN revisions ago, so it might not be a problem anymore.

Personally I liked that the barbarians built heroes as their usually behind techwise it is not a big problem for the player to handle and the other nations should have had a good chance to build them before them.

I'm tired now so please excuse bad formulations and grammar.

I'll agree with Chaotic Wanderer on this one... the problem is not, imo, that the barbs are getting strong and threatening units... it's that by building a hero they're stealing one from a player who earned it. Better to create a small set of heroes FOR barbs specifically if we want that effect.

And so what we're seeing is that they are set to SPAWN under barbs??? Given how it takes from the player's hard fought earned reward for getting a given culture it's total BS imo.

Top Bottom