Single Player bugs and crashes v35 plus (SVN) - After the 18th of August 2014

Haven't found this mentioned but it's in the game for some time.

When you capture enemy fort and destroy it, the borders still remain as if the fort was still there.

Thanks, that did work for me.

Same here and deleting the folder also solved it, thanks. Not sure what animal was there - I deleted the whole folder.
But it is enough to move the ship (last unit) in this save NW to get the CTD.

Are you using the latest SVN version? I have not had time to test the latest Maned Wolf graphic yet and it was the only one causing problems when I tested them.

Haven't found this mentioned but it's in the game for some time.

When you capture enemy fort and destroy it, the borders still remain as if the fort was still there.

That is because the fort gave culture to the plot, a new feature with Super Forts. A different mechanism to Fixed Borders. Not sure if the culture disappears over time or not or even if it should.

That is because the fort gave culture to the plot, a new feature with Super Forts. A different mechanism to Fixed Borders. Not sure if the culture disappears over time or not or even if it should.

My take on this is: if you leave the fort unoccupied by military units - there should be no change in culture (as opposing/enemy civilians may still be living there or in the area).

After all a fort is not only a millitary building, but it protects not only the people who live within the fort boundaries, but also the surrounding villages etc. as well.
If you station a unit to occupy the fort, enemy culture should degrade - and your's should increase. You are effectively oppressing the civillian population.

Just my thoughts. :)

Does this also apply to the +LOS lookout post type of buildings?

My take on this is: if you leave the fort unoccupied by military units - there should be no change in culture (as opposing/enemy civilians may still be living there or in the area).

After all a fort is not only a millitary building, but it protects not only the people who live within the fort boundaries, but also the surrounding villages etc. as well.
If you station a unit to occupy the fort, enemy culture should degrade - and your's should increase. You are effectively oppressing the civillian population.

Just my thoughts. :)

If you occupy an enemy fort (palisade up) the culture should flip to yours. However, I think what you suggest is actually what is happening which is why if you destroy the fort the plot reverts to previous owner.

Does this also apply to the +LOS lookout post type of buildings?

No.

If you occupy an enemy fort (palisade up) the culture should flip to yours. However, I think what you suggest is actually what is happening which is why if you destroy the fort the plot reverts to previous owner.

The unit that defeats the last defender enters the fort but does not change the ownership of it. Only if another unit allied to the attacker also enters - that's when ownership of the tile changes.

This could be why, if the first attacker to enter razes (pillages) the fort, the culture of the tile never flips.

Can someone PLEASE figure out what the heck is going on with "Alfred the Great", he moves but you cant use any of the action btns except the pause????

I tried redoing the nif/kfm, but it still didnt work>>?:(

Can someone PLEASE figure out what the heck is going on with "Alfred the Great", he moves but you cant use any of the action btns except the pause????

I tried redoing the nif/kfm, but it still didnt work>>?:(

try to change his art data to this:

Code:
			<NIF>Art/Units/unique/gothic/Huskarl/swordsman.nif</NIF>
			<KFM>Art/Units/Swordsman/Swordsman.kfm</KFM>
			<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/unique/gothic/Huskarl/swordsman_fx.nif</SHADERNIF>

Thanks to this change we can check if there is the problem with model/animation files or with XML bug.

try to change his art data to this:

Code:
			<NIF>Art/Units/unique/gothic/Huskarl/swordsman.nif</NIF>
			<KFM>Art/Units/Swordsman/Swordsman.kfm</KFM>
			<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/unique/gothic/Huskarl/swordsman_fx.nif</SHADERNIF>

Thanks to this change we can check if there is the problem with model/animation files or with XML bug.

That worked, but it doesnt look correct now??

That worked, but it doesnt look correct now??

Yep this is different model and animation. Buf with wrong buttons is probably linked with wrong animation file. Original Alfred the Great model using his own animation and hard to say what is wrong with this KMF file. After checkin all BTS models and animations only two of them looks similar. Inca Quecha ( <KFM>Art/Units/Unique/Inca/Quechua/IncanQuechua.kfm</KFM>) or Native American Dog Soldier ( <KFM>Art/Units/Unique_NativeAmerica_DogSoldier/Dogsoldier.kfm</KFM>). You can check these KFMs on orignal, Alfred model.

Had a crash right after the turn was done for the AI. I've attached all relevant files. Build was 7890 (i think). It seems to crash each and every time after ending my turn (i'm just killing some animals with the master hunter, and butchering other animals that are active in the cities).

EDIT: i've tried upgrading to build 7894 and trying to load the autosaves; the crash still occurs like above.

If you have any ideas on what is causing it please let me know

Attachments

• crash_c2c.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 44
Yep this is different model and animation. Buf with wrong buttons is probably linked with wrong animation file. Original Alfred the Great model using his own animation and hard to say what is wrong with this KMF file. After checkin all BTS models and animations only two of them looks similar. Inca Quecha ( <KFM>Art/Units/Unique/Inca/Quechua/IncanQuechua.kfm</KFM>) or Native American Dog Soldier ( <KFM>Art/Units/Unique_NativeAmerica_DogSoldier/Dogsoldier.kfm</KFM>). You can check these KFMs on orignal, Alfred model.

OK will check them out, i didnt even have the slightest idea about those kfm's you mentioned above, at least there are 2 choices now, thx.

I am getting the flashing triangles from the Egyptian Master Hunter but only when attacking from the south side of a river in jungle or forest:crazyeye:

I am getting the flashing triangles from the Egyptian Master Hunter but only when attacking from the south side of a river in jungle or forest:crazyeye:

Ok I check him today. If cannot find anything I change his model to something different.

SVN 7898, Lakes Map is not playable anymore. Gives several Python Exceptions.

Can not get the last exception pop up to close. See Screenies.

JosEPh

It seems Guard Cats have Flies To Move, they blithely saunter around on Ocean tiles (unless this was fixed recently...).

Top Bottom