Single Player bugs and crashes v39 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of July 2019

Actually I remember the discussion now that he brought it up - Hydro DID want city size to not update whether the autobuild should be there for much the justification Joe gave. It was considered.
This is not a design choice per say, more probably it is lazy dll programmers who never bothered adding in the new types of requirements in the code that decides if a building should stop functioning in a city.

How are the lazy dll programmers to blame for design choices made by xml modders?

How are the lazy dll programmers to blame for design choices made by xml modders?
Yeah, sorting our messages in the opposite order may misrepresent the conversation slightly.
I guessed that it may have been an oversight. TB informed us that it wasn't.
End of story.

I should have said "oversight" instead of "lazy dll programmers" though, as that was the essence of what I meant to say.

Last edited:
There are several references in the text to "Exotic Herbavours". This should be spelled "Exotic Herbivores".

There are several references in the text to "Exotic Herbavours". This should be spelled "Exotic Herbivores".
We know.
There is tons of typos, now that we have autocorrect tool we can fix them.

Actually the crashdump will be more useful (I don't have any modmods installed): look for minidump-v40...dmp files in your Beyond the Sword folder (next to the exe), and upload the newest one here please!

Thanks for looking into this billw2015. I just updated to SVN 11037 and tried again but got the same crash. I have attached my minidump from this attempt. The saved game file is still attached to message 1317 in this thread.

Attachments

• MiniDump-Dionysis crash.zip
    17 KB · Views: 89
Thanks for looking into this billw2015. I just updated to SVN 11037 and tried again but got the same crash. I have attached my minidump from this attempt. The saved game file is still attached to message 1317 in this thread.
Loading your save in latest SVN (no mods) works fine for me, perhaps it is the modmod (I couldn't install it, it just broke the game loading entirely when I copied it in), or something to do with your settings. If you can zip your User Settings dir and put it on here as well that might help!

Which is another reason for me to abandon the project since you are auto-correcting them to the wrong spelling.
Well spelling liberty is indistinguishable from dyslexia:joke: :sarcasm:
Also this tool uses American spelling/grammar/vocabulary.

By the way I didn't commit any spelling corrections.

Also this tool uses American spelling/grammar/vocabulary.
No it doesn't (or at least for spelling, I don't know what American grammar is, I didn't think there is such a thing really, edit: some people claim there is a difference, my guess is that it hasn't really been apparent in years). It will initially filter against en-US, but then it will ask google, and if google doesn't give an auto-correct it doesn't report it as a misspelling. Any form of correct English should pass I think. Also of course the process is not really fully automated, it will just ask you if you want to accept the suggestions, or you can choose to globally ignore them, or enter your own.

Loading your save in latest SVN (no mods) works fine for me, perhaps it is the modmod (I couldn't install it, it just broke the game loading entirely when I copied it in), or something to do with your settings. If you can zip your User Settings dir and put it on here as well that might help!
Here are my settings. Thanks again for looking into this - I seem to be getting random crashes even in new games and with a new UserSettings folder. I might try using one of the "standard" civs and see what happens.

Attachments

• Dionysis UserSettings.zip
    37.7 KB · Views: 105
I might try using one of the "standard" civs and see what happens.
Did you already revert your SVN workspace back to default? If it isn't usersettings then the other difference we have is that you had some modmod installed.

edit: I reproed the crash with your User Settings, I will debug it now.

Last edited:
I actually deleted the entire mod folder and made a new one with a fresh checkout and now its working great with the latest SVN version. Probably was a problem with reverting and back again and such and messed up the files.

Probably was a problem with reverting and back again and such and messed up the files.
Actually it was the viewport settings I think. The crashes were related to tiles not being loaded, and on startup I got an assert about a city not being in the viewport. I wouldn't bother with viewport settings unless you are getting out of memory crashes. With the paging and dummy entities enabled you shouldn't have memory problems even in late game.

Running SVN 11037, got this error. Screenshot will be uploaded, tell if you need any saves or logs. It did not crash, popped up about 3 or 4 times and then went away. So I guess nothing serious.
Edit: Forgot to mention that the city's buildings on the map keep disappearing, not really a big issue since I don't really look at them.
Spoiler Error Message :
upload_2019-9-22_19-13-27.png

Last edited:
Running SVN 11037, got this error. Screenshot will be uploaded, tell if you need any saves or logs. It did not crash, popped up about 3 or 4 times and then went away. So I guess nothing serious.
Edit: Forgot to mention that the city's buildings on the map keep disappearing, not really a big issue since I don't really look at them.
Spoiler Error Message :
Probably a benign error caused by some rare conditions.
Impossible to debug without a way to reproduce in a save, or without more information.

If you mean when they get away from the middle of the screen the city disappears then yes that is the paging system functioning as designed. You can enable/disable paging in BUG settings, and change the settings for various parts of it in GlobalDefines.xml (the PAGE_IN_DIST* settings at the top). I set up the defaults to avoid a known crash, but they are quite aggressive.

If you mean when they get away from the middle of the screen the city disappears then yes that is the paging system functioning as designed. You can enable/disable paging in BUG settings, and change the settings for various parts of it in GlobalDefines.xml (the PAGE_IN_DIST* settings at the top). I set up the defaults to avoid a known crash, but they are quite aggressive.
I am looking right at them when they disappear. They reappear for a split second if I build a special building, they then disappear again.

There used to be a building called Bug Catcher. The subdued tarantula was able to build this building. It is was the only use for that unit besides the myth. This is now named Grasshopper Catcher and the subdued tarantula can't build it. Why? Also why is it limited to grasshoppers rather than all edible insects?

Also the Snake Pit used to require the Snake Charmer but now it doesn't. Why? The Charmer represents the handling of snakes and the Pit the "farming" of snakes.

I am looking right at them when they disappear. They reappear for a split second if I build a special building, they then disappear again.
That definitely sounds like a bug then! Although possibly related to the other error you reported, need a save and your settings to debug it. I'm not going to be around for the next 10 days or so, maybe someone else can look.

Top Bottom