Single Player bugs and crashes v43 plus (SVN) - After January 2023

(latest) 11583 - v44.BETA.8017 - 2024-02-26
Cool concept TB. I'm guessing camo/visibility intensity is meaningless for units that don't have: <Invisible>X</Invisible> or <SeeInvisible>X</SeeInvisible>.
Can the mentioned "X" be anything else than INVISIBLE_CAMOUFLAGE?

Brainstorming.
Terrain
Barren/Salt-Flats: -2 camo. intensity
Scrub/Plains/Grass: -1 camo. intensity
Lush/Marsh: +1 camo. intensity
Hills/Peaks: +1 vis. range +1 camo. intensity

Features
(Ancient )Forest/Jungle/Bamboo/Mangrove: -2 vis. range & +2 camo. intensity
Tall Grass/Outcrops: +1 camo Intensity

Improvements
Tower improvements: +1 vis. range
Town Improvements: -1 vis. range & +1 camo. intensity
Some of these numbers have been changed since then, but I'm guessing that Camouflage Spot Range is also supposed to be -1 on Jungle ?

Mobility (Foot) :
Civ4BeyondSword_qHTclgLxbK.jpg

Also, maybe it would be better if the +1 for Peak/Hill was moved around so that it's near the +1 for Watchtower (or vice-versa) ?

(latest) 11583 - v44.BETA.8017 - 2024-02-26

Sorting buildings by name doesn't work :
Civ4BeyondSword_eC1brlQkjC.jpg

EDIT : Actually it works... but only after pressing (/depressing) a filter button on the left.

Other categories than Name don't seem to have this issue.??

This is clearly an offshoot of the issue with general queue refreshing that I was complaining about elsewhere.
Namely, some buildings ("religious" and "folklore") auto-refresh UI, while most others don't - so it's a "guess and miss" mechanic that isn't yet synchronized to work equally for ALL buildings.

This is clearly an offshoot of the issue with general queue refreshing that I was complaining about elsewhere.
Namely, some buildings ("religious" and "folklore") auto-refresh UI, while most others don't - so it's a "guess and miss" mechanic that isn't yet synchronized to work equally for ALL buildings.
@Toffer90 made it intentional for some reason
It seems to refresh when you click on buildings of same class or something.

@Toffer90 made it intentional for some reason
It seems to refresh when you click on buildings of same class or something.
Only when you click on "religious", "folklore", and some "no idea what this category is" buildings.
Does NOT happen when you click on 99% of buildings in general.
I already complained that this heavily annoys me whenever I get a new city that now needs 100 buildings to be built in it - and only SOME of them auto-refresh.
I would totally like them to auto-refresh for ALL buildings like it used to do in the original UI (that was AT THE BOTTOM) - or NOT AT ALL (worse, but at least not "surprising" you with it).

"Save format is not compatible due to missing class EVENTTRIGGER_FOREST_NEW_2."
The save itself is "rigged" to my own modmod "Prehistory only" (with a cheat unlock applied to myself via WB), but I doubt this has anything to do with the problem.
It just blocks some techs, it has nothing to do with events.

Attachments

• PrehistoryCheat.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3 MB · Views: 4
"Save format is not compatible due to missing class EVENTTRIGGER_FOREST_NEW_2."
The save itself is "rigged" to my own modmod "Prehistory only" (with a cheat unlock applied to myself via WB), but I doubt this has anything to do with the problem.
It just blocks some techs, it has nothing to do with events.
I'll fix it., thanks for the save.

Today I can’t update SVN, it says “Error: Unable to connect to a repository at URL”. I wanted to understand the problem on my side or something with the availability of the build?

Today I can’t update SVN, it says “Error: Unable to connect to a repository at URL”. I wanted to understand the problem on my side or something with the availability of the build?
SVN sometimes has problems on their side

Hey there, playing the Beta 8026, and I noticed something quite different from the current official V43 : the AI does not like to settle new cities. But maybe it has something to do with the options I used in this game.
I use the combination of "City starts with one tile" and "Realistic culture spread" so maybe the AI does not see the point of building a city with only one tile in the beginning.
Or it comes from the "Happiness penalty" which penalizes overexpansion, but I remember a game in V43 where one AI did not hesitate to have 24 unhappiness penalty from overexpansion.
Another option that might be problematic would be "Strict vicinity", making new cities less interesting, I don't know.
I included my save, I play in immortal, we are reaching the end of prehistory, I have 5 cities and a majority of the AI opponents only have their first city, a few have 2, but it's rare.
It's true that the settler units can be very expensive, but here clearly the AI does not like to build them

Attachments

• Byzantium.CivBeyondSwordSave
    4.4 MB · Views: 3
Top Bottom