Slow turn by one specific empire

Aquila SPQR

Prince
In my recent game I have a lot of AI empires (about 40) and I'm playing on Giant Earth Map, but even the largest AI empires finish their turns in about 15 seconds (which is absolutely ok). But there's one particular empire, which is not the biggest or the most powerful - and it takes nearly 3 minutes to finish their turn. All other civs need from 5 to 15 seconds to do it, but this one needs 3 minutes! I'm right now considering deleting them from the game (using IGE) because of this.

Is there any specific thing that can cause such strange long turn time? Maybe it can be fixed somehow without deleting that civ?

Are you sure it is a civ's turn, and not the barbarian turn? That is usually the longest AI turn.

I'm sure, it's visible on the lower part of the screen which civ's turns are being processed. It seems that this particular civ had too many units to handle properly - I noticed there's a "kill all units" option in IGE so I killed all units that civilization had (not perfect option, but still better than wiping them out completely). And their turn times dropped from 3 minutes to 5 seconds.

Top Bottom