Social Policy "Philanthropy" doesn't work

FakeShady

Prince
Yep. My version is the earliest version, since i only just bought the game and have not updated the version yet. But either way, philanthropy, under the Patronage tree, is supposed to give you 25% more city-state influence when you give gold to a city-state. But no, i used this social policy and it does nothing. Due to personal reasons i am unable to post a saved game here LOL, so please confirm if anyone is also having this same problem.

P.S. really disappointed with civ 5

EDIT: OH im actually at version 1.0.0.20 of the game. HAHA

To be a bit more constructive:

Two screenshots and a save. There is an increase in influence, but its not allays 25% as stated. It seems, the 25% is applied before the modification from the amount.

As a result, the distribution is:

250 gold = 30 vs 35 = 16 %, meaning a even worse deal
500 gold = 60 vs 75 = 25 % as it should be
1000 gold = 125 vs 160 = 28 %, which is better than stated

If it is intended behavior, it should be stated more clearly how it works. the 25% are confusing. Or it is a bug and the bonus just gets added the wrong time (before weighting for gold amount not after).

Attachments

• Ghandi_4.Civ5Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 67
  • civbug11.jpg
    civbug11.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 507
Like a lot of values in CiV (e.g. social policy costs), there are some hidden "true" values that are rounded up/down (no one's really sure) to a multiple of 5. The modification probably gets applied to the "true" values, and the rouding can cause some significant divergences from the stated 25% modification.

In my experience, this one seems to help quite a bit, probably pretty close to the stated 25%.

Top Bottom