Space 4 - Mystery game

Thanks again, guys.

Karasu, why not set an expample? :yeah: Something involving war perhaps?
Like NP says we should be thinking about the FP location. If we really are going for score we should consider one of the (allowed... ;)) Palace strategies. I need someone to spell them out for me, I always mess these up and end up building it by hand in a sub-optimal spot. :cry: ;)

Ha! This is a devilishly cunning move, space :devil:
To try and get me to do what I was expecting anyone else to... ;) indeed, I think I remember reading on a post dated 17th Feb that "I'll try to comment later..." :twitch:

But then, since you are only asking for an expample (that is, a spammish example)... then I am probably up to the task :D

Not sure about FP location in C3C really -I normally watch the AI play this version of the game, so you had better try someone else for directions in this area!
But I kind of like Badbadbad as an FP site, assuming we are going to conquer the Bab towns in the area.
This however would require us to divert quite a few workers to improve there, and we still need to achieve some border expansion to make use of the two wheats.

As an option, we can place it to the east and found more cities in the area. Don't know what would be faster.

In terms of war, I like the Longbow approach.
If we get WC in a short time, we can build a few Archers -just to improve our military rating. I still think it is a bit early to start producing military, we do need a few more workers.
So not much to do right now, unless you want to cosider an Enkidu rush on Babylon... :dubious:

I am also assuming that we will research Literature and rely on trade to get Mathematics.

:wavey: Hallo, mates! :D

Glad to see we've returned to our "leisurely pace" after the surge of activity of the first turnsets...

...but then, maybe we've rested enough? :coffee: How about getting some chat going on? I'm starting to miss this thread! :D

Oops,

this thread seemed to have fallen off my radar :blush:

Ted

We still have an "I'll try to play tomorrow" commitment from Ainwood--seventeen days ago, admittedly, but given the relativistic time dilation that applies to this series that's just about right. :D So, Ainwood? ;)

Northern Pike said:
We still have an "I'll try to play tomorrow" commitment from Ainwood--seventeen days ago, admittedly, but given the relativistic time dilation that applies to this series that's just about right. :D So, Ainwood? ;)
Who are you people, and why do I keep getting thread subscriptions to this? :confused:

Actually, seeing as karasu appeared again, I figured I'd do the gentlemanly thing and let him take it :mischief:

Well, I'd be delighted to keep you all waiting for the next month or so while I get my turns played... ;)

...but if my memory doesn't betray me, I have played the last turnset and I am sure our strict roster rules won't allow me to play twice in a row :D

Turn 0: 1275 BC;
Reduce luxuries to 0 for an extra 3 GPT.

Turn 1: 1250 BC:
Complete writing. Babylon & Byzantines both have philosophy - so not much chance of the republic slingshot then! Choose literature. Adjust research to do it in 13 at a slight loss.

Complete curragh in A Kish Before Dying, so decide its a good place for a settler.

Turn 2: 1225 BC:
zzzz.

Turn 3:
IT - lose curragh to barb galley. See barb horseman to south-west (threatening worker).
Complete settler in urrrrrrr. Start enkidu.

Turn 4:
Complete worker in Babylons' block -> enkidu.

Turn 5:
Use chop to complete barracks in Super, start settler.
Hire a scientist in lagslouts to prevent a riot.

Turn 6.
Urrrppppp enkidu -> settler.
Need to adjust lux to stop a riot.

Turn 7:
Found some city that I forget to name Cow's folly. Disperse a barb camp for some much needed cash.

Turn 8:
AKBD Settler-> Curragh (there is a dromon out sinking barbs, so it shoudl be safe)
I think babylon is at war - keep having workers for sale.

Turn 9:
Babylon completes pyramids (in babylon).

Turn 10 - 1000 BC!
zzzz

We ahve a couple of settlers on-the-move - one about to settle on the hill by the game, but that can be vetoed.

Literature is 2 turns away (increasing the science rate doesn't change that, so I decreased it to make a profit). So far, we are the only ones that have it.

Here it is ...

Attachments

• Space1000BC.jpg
    Space1000BC.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 200
:thanx: :love:

I see nothing wrong with settling on the hill down there (but I didn't spend too much time thinking about it...).
I also remember that the hill 1E1SE (more or less) from Bab's block is along the river, and I'd target it for one of the next settlers.

Ehm... who's up? :D

Karasu said:
S'all right :) Just showing off now that I can open C3C files just like you big boys and girls.

I see nothing wrong with settling on the hill down there (but I didn't spend too much time thinking about it...).
I also remember that the hill 1E1SE (more or less) from Bab's block is along the river, and I'd target it for one of the next settlers.
Indubitably :D

Ehm... who's up? :D
Well, I followed NP during the first round, if I recall, so I guess it's not me. Will the mystery guest please step forward?

I'm busy tomorrow but I'll pick it up on Sunday if no-one else steps forward :)

Ted

Karasu said:
Actually, I've just fired it up again and there's no gold on that hill according to my copy of Civ3, so no river bank.

But! There is gold in them thar hills 3 SE of Babs Block :D

Got it

Ted

Top Bottom