"Start game" button missing

D712

Queen
I started my first game the night of launch, playing as Russia. Started another game as France. However, now there is no way for me to start a game. The button simply does not appear. It may be an issue of my screen resolution, but I scrolled as far beneath the "Advanced Options" button in the game set up menu and it's nowhere to be found.

Have you tried validating your game files through Steam?
how does one do that? and how does that affect one's ability to start a new game?

It's easy, and will not impair any save files or your ability to start new games. Here, of course, the hope is that it will restore your ability to start new games.

Shut down the game, fire up Steam and go to your Steam library. Right click Civ VI and choose Properties from the popup menu. In the Properties window, choose the third tab (Local Files) and then choose the last item (Verify Integrity of Game Cache...). It will scan your installation for missing or corrupted files and download any necessary replacement files. If it does download any files, I would recommend re-running Verify Integrity until no more files are downloaded.

This may or may not fix your problem, but it's usually the first thing to try when you see glitchy behavior in the game, so it's worth learning how to do this.

I have done it several times now, it keeps taking a while but it doesn't say it's downloading any files. I checked the game and once again there is no button to create a new game.

So, when you go to Create Game from the Main menu, you don't have the green Start Game button in the image below?

Start Game Button.jpg

Exactly this. For those earlier games I also had a huge screen resolution that I had to reduce because it pushed the income and faith top bar out of sight as well as the side bars. Again, this may be an issue with my rig but now that button isn't accessible at all (I recently went from a small pc monitor to using a tv from 2006 with hdmi, still having problems finding a resolution that works for games bc my tv won't go to pc mode).

Top Bottom