Sukritact's Events and Decisions

um this might be a awkward question to ask but how do i add your mod into my game? i'm asking this since i'm not used to installing mods through the forum any help?

If you click the download link on the front page, you'll download a .civ5mod file. This is basically a compressed folder. Move that .civ5mod file to Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS. Then, load up the game, hit "Mods," and scroll through the mods list until you find "Sukritact's Events & Decisons." Check the circle and a checkmark will indicate that its active. Then click the "Next" button in the bottom-right corner - don't click back (this is a common mistake). From there, you start a game as normal - through Single-Player > and so forth.

Hello, Sukritact. I need Events & Decisions v.1 to view replay files from games that I played years ago (now cannot select replay because of absence of "required DLC". Do you still have it? I'd really appreciate if you gave me a link. Thank you.

Hello, @sukritact, I have problem with Byzantium's Cataphracts available for all civs and barbarians at turn 0. I deleted cache many times, installing mod manually with 7zip extract incase auto extract make something wrong, but nothing changed :(. I've uploaded Lua.log for you so you can look for problems. Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: I have complete edition if that matters :D

Nvm, I redownloaded the game.

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Hello, @sukritact, I have problem with Byzantium's Cataphracts available for all civs and barbarians at turn 0. I deleted cache many times, installing mod manually with 7zip extract incase auto extract make something wrong, but nothing changed :(. I've uploaded Lua.log for you so you can look for problems. Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: I have complete edition if that matters :D

Database log will be more useful, as the issue's going to be to do with the dummy Unit rather than the actual decision. The Policy prereq on the dummy Unit should prevent the Barbs from spawning them, a la Landschknekt and Foreign Legion, which implies that either the Barbs and other Players were somehow given the Policy or the UPDATE statement directly following the INSERT statement doesn't run. I'd advise disabling other mods to look for conflicts, and if you're feeling ambitious running some code in FireTuner (any Context other than Main State):
Code:
for k, v in pairs(Players) do if v then print(v:HasPolicy(GameInfoTypes["POLICY_DECISIONS_PERSIASAVARAN"])) end end

Database log will be more useful, as the issue's going to be to do with the dummy Unit rather than the actual decision
So, here's the database log :D And about other mods, I only use his civ(Burmese mainly) so I think it's not mod conflict.

Attachments

• Database.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 130
So, here's the database log :D And about other mods, I only use his civ(Burmese mainly) so I think it's not mod conflict.

Well, this is something, albeit strange because there most certainly is a PolicyType column...

Code:
[381515.813] no such column: PolicyType

Could you post your Stopwatch log too? I probably should've asked for it in the first place :p

Have you also sure you've got Brave New World enabled? You've said you've bought it, but I can't really think of why the column would be missing otherwise...

[EDIT] Tbh I may as well ask for your DebugDatabase from the Cache folder while you're at it.

Sure, here they are. I hope it may help :p

About BNW, yep, I have enabled it, here's screenshot of DLCsView attachment 509732
Maybe I should disable and then enable BNW but I doubt it would work. :p

Well the code's running perfectly fine in this version of the database, but the Database error is definitely referring to E&D's file. The last test I can really think of doing is running the game with just E&D, getting into a game, alt+F4 out of the game, and posting logs+DebugDatabase from there since this DB looks to just be a generic one rather than one subjected to E&D's changes.

The last test I can really think of doing is running the game with just E&D, getting into a game, alt+F4 out of the game, and posting logs+DebugDatabase from there since this DB looks to just be a generic one rather than one subjected to E&D's changes.
Hmm, I posted this after playing as you said(enabled only EnD, playing Turn 0, Alt+f4). I'll try again later and post files here(I'm not at home now ^^)

EDIT: Here they are ^^
@Chrisy15 It's working after I redownloaded the whole game. A little costy but it fixed somehow :D thanks for your help! :p

Attachments

• Logs + DebugDB.zip
    593.1 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Do you mean you purchased another copy of the game? Why did you not just uninstall and reinstall the game?
Yes, that's what I did :D By the word "costy" I am using cellular internet, not wifi, so it costed me some. :p

Well, at least it worked out in the end :)

Hey, I'm not sure if anyone is still responding to this thread, but I recently got back into CIV 5 and am trying to download this mod. I seem to get a crash after clicking any option on the first event I get in a game, even when playing with only Events and Decisions. I have all the DLC, and I run on (unfortunately) on a Mac, but I've heard this mod is compatible with the platform.

Does any one have any suggestions or solutions?

Hello! I've been a long-time user of E&D. Recently, after downloading components of JFD's gameplay mods, a bug has occurred where I cannot pick selections in the selections panel. The pop-ups that tell me I can enact a decision still pop up, but when I go to the decisions panel, all three drop-downs show nothing. I have tried reinstalling the game and removing the mods I downloaded that might have caused the bug, but nothing has worked. If anyone knows of this problem, please let me know if you have a solution! Thank you!

Hello! I've been a long-time user of E&D. Recently, after downloading components of JFD's gameplay mods, a bug has occurred where I cannot pick selections in the selections panel. The pop-ups that tell me I can enact a decision still pop up, but when I go to the decisions panel, all three drop-downs show nothing. I have tried reinstalling the game and removing the mods I downloaded that might have caused the bug, but nothing has worked. If anyone knows of this problem, please let me know if you have a solution! Thank you!

If you are using JFDLC, this is included.

^, and the fact that the version included in JFDDLC doesn't work properly as you've found; remove the JFDDLC version from your MODS folder and it will stop overriding the original, which is fully functional with JFDDLC.

^, and the fact that the version included in JFDDLC doesn't work properly as you've found; remove the JFDDLC version from your MODS folder and it will stop overriding the original, which is fully functional with JFDDLC.

Thank you for the reply! I have since unsubscribed from all of JFD's gameplay mods and the problem has persisted. The mods that are still present in my MODS folder are:

Barbarians Unlimited XP v2
Cradles of Civilization Pack (BNW) v18
Ingame Editor v39
JFD's Civ - Aquitaine (Eleanor) v1
JFD's Civ - Kingdom of Norway v6
MC's Greek Civilization Split v2
PerfectWorld 3 v1
R.E.D. Modpack v27
Sukritact's Events and Decisions v3

I have tried enabling only E&D and no other mods, but the issue persists. None of these mods, enabled or otherwise, would interfere with E&D, would they? Also, to clarify, I downloaded JFD's gameplay mods on an individual basis on the Steam Workshop (Prisoners of War, Great Relics, Great Revolutionaries and Epithets, if memory serves). Edit: said couldn't find RtP download, found it!

Once again, thank you for replying. I am a big fan of your work over the years, and I hope to enjoy them for long time to come!

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply! I have since unsubscribed from all of JFD's gameplay mods and the problem has persisted. The mods that are still present in my MODS folder are:

Barbarians Unlimited XP v2
Cradles of Civilization Pack (BNW) v18
Ingame Editor v39
JFD's Civ - Aquitaine (Eleanor) v1
JFD's Civ - Kingdom of Norway v6
MC's Greek Civilization Split v2
PerfectWorld 3 v1
R.E.D. Modpack v27
Sukritact's Events and Decisions v3

I have tried enabling only E&D and no other mods, but the issue persists. None of these mods, enabled or otherwise, would interfere with E&D, would they? Also, to clarify, I downloaded JFD's gameplay mods on an individual basis on the Steam Workshop (Prisoners of War, Great Relics, Great Revolutionaries and Epithets, if memory serves). Edit: said couldn't find RtP download, found it!

Once again, thank you for replying. I am a big fan of your work over the years, and I hope to enjoy them for long time to come!

Your Lua log might have an error message which could identify what's causing the system to run into an error.

Your Lua log might have an error message which could identify what's causing the system to run into an error.

I did as your link asked and found this error message, repeating several times as E&D loads. Copying them all here for good measure:
[19059.375] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Gabriel\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Sukritact's Events and Decisions (v 3)\Lua/UI/EnactDescisionsPopup.lua:402: attempt to call method 'BuildInstance' (a nil value)
[19079.015] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Gabriel\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Sukritact's Events and Decisions (v 3)\Lua/UI/EnactDescisionsPopup.lua:402: attempt to call method 'BuildInstance' (a nil value)
[19082.572] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Gabriel\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Sukritact's Events and Decisions (v 3)\Lua/UI/CityInfoStack.lua:59: attempt to call method 'BuildInstance' (a nil value)
[19085.115] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Gabriel\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Sukritact's Events and Decisions (v 3)\Lua/UI/EnactDescisionsPopup.lua:402: attempt to call method 'BuildInstance' (a nil value)
[19085.365] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Gabriel\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Sukritact's Events and Decisions (v 3)\Lua/UI/EnactDescisionsPopup.lua:402: attempt to call method 'BuildInstance' (a nil value)
[19095.115] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Gabriel\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Sukritact's Events and Decisions (v 3)\Lua/UI/CityInfoStack.lua:59: attempt to call method 'BuildInstance' (a nil value)
[19098.047] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Gabriel\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Sukritact's Events and Decisions (v 3)\Lua/UI/CityInfoStack.lua:59: attempt to call method 'BuildInstance' (a nil value)

I have since found the only instance of "BuildInstance" in the E&D Lua file. Copying the function below:

g_ItemManagers[tInfo[sKey].iKey]:BuildInstance()
local itemInstance = g_ItemManagers[tInfo[sKey].iKey]:GetInstance()

local Pedia = CivilopediaControl and (tEvent.Pedia)
if Pedia then
itemInstance[tInfo[sKey].sButton]:RegisterCallback(Mouse.eRClick, function() getPedia(Pedia) end)

local sPediaTitle = Locale.ConvertTextKey(tEvent.Pedia)
local sHelpPedia = Locale.ConvertTextKey("TXT_KEY_RIGHT_CLICK_NOTE", sPediaTitle)
tEvent.Desc = tEvent.Desc .. sHelpPedia
end

I hope this helps! Thank you for working through this with me.

Top Bottom