Sullla's AI Survivor Season Seven - begins today!

We need a thread dedicated to the new season to prep for the upcoming games! Can we advertise like last time?
Anyone who wants to start a Season 8 thread....have at it...I will sticky it :)

Anyone who wants to start a Season 8 thread....have at it...I will sticky it :)
The picking hasn't opened yet, and there's no preview to add to the OP. Would it be too early to start it now?

Also, when I say "advertise," I mean a front-page civfanatics post about it. Sullla draws hundreds of viewers to CIV IV, so I think it would be a good idea if civfanatics announced his season of AI survivor.

The picking hasn't opened yet, and there's no preview to add to the OP. Would it be too early to start it now?

Also, when I say "advertise," I mean a front-page civfanatics post about it. Sullla draws hundreds of viewers to CIV IV, so I think it would be a good idea if civfanatics announced his season of AI survivor.
I like that idea and I don't believe we have done it before. I will suggest it. If someone starts the initial announcement thread I can use it as a basis for what we put on the front page. Make sure to include links.

Edit: I'm putting inquires in regarding front-page announcements. I don't see it as a problem at all. It's just been some years since I posted front-page announcements.

Last edited:
I like that idea and I don't believe we have done it before. I will suggest it. If someone starts the initial announcement thread I can use it as a basis for what we put on the front page. Make sure to include links.

Edit: I'm putting inquires in regarding front-page announcements. I don't see it as a problem at all. It's just been some years since I posted front-page announcements.

I hope this looks good! I used a few templates from other seasons as a model and added a few more details and links.

Great job, Cow!!! Already stickied! I added a bit to it that will serve the front page announcement that links back to your post.

Great job, Cow!!! Already stickied! I added a bit to it that will serve the front page announcement that links back to your post.
Thank you! Just so I understand, is the part you added "Please join us for discussions in the Civ IV General forum at CFC HERE" supposed to link to the same thread that it's posted in, or someplace else? Because the hyperlink leads to the thread itself, so I didn't know if this is for some other linking purpose.

Thank you! Just so I understand, is the part you added "Please join us for discussions in the Civ IV General forum at CFC HERE" supposed to link to the same thread that it's posted in, or someplace else? Because the hyperlink leads to the thread itself, so I didn't know if this is for some other linking purpose.
Yes, it is supposed to link back to your thread, which doesn't make sense for your OP but will for the announcement. I can remove it later.

Yes, it is supposed to link back to your thread, which doesn't make sense for your OP but will for the announcement. I can remove it later.
Ah, I see. I was thinking about it in context of the OP alone and didn't think that it would all be included in the announcement. I'm glad that it saves a bit of time! Let's hope it generates some buzz!

Something to look forward to this Summer. :D

Watching the English fail on Civ 4. Coded to lose or take peace whenever they can. I had such high hopes for them last time and they peaced out when they should of conquered the world.

Top Bottom