TAM 0.90 x BTS 3.17 ONLY is out !!!

Never!!! :eek:
I really can't say why this happens :dunno:

Do you get that with EVERY dds BGs? If not, may be the above dds save format could be the reason, although I never experimented it on my PCs nor anyone reported it before now.

For some reason I only get this issue with your BGs/LHs. I don't know why it is happening. I discovered this when I DLed your Dido BG from C. Roland's thread, and I PMed you and asked you for a new file. You told me to DL the animated LHs and it still had the same issue. So I have no idea why this is happening, I make units and LHs all the time and use DDS textures and this is the only time I have experienced this.

For some reason I only get this issue with your BGs/LHs.

Well,
I've experimented your problem when importing the BG dds into PS7. Opening the BG with XnView (it is a image viewer, not a editor) I get it fine instead. I'll try to open it with a different editor in order to re-save it in a working format. Stay tuned.

EDIT
----
Restored :)
You may do the same simply reading the corrupted BG with a dds reader (I used the freeware xnview), saving it as jpg, then opening it with Gimp/PS, and finally saving it as dds ;)

2nd EDIT
--------
You may restore it quickly (without jgg transformation) if you load it with GIMP. GIMP seems to read the original dds BG fine. Save it as DXT3

Attachments

• Dido_bg.7z
    97.9 KB · Views: 174
  • restored.jpg
    restored.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 237
Thanks, that will be really helpful. I'm actually working on a new Dido LH for Phungus 420. Although if it is reskinned it could probably also work for a number of ancient female LHs you might want. It isn't finished at all just yet, but here's a head-shot in case you might be interested. It is still a WIP though, so it might change significantly between now and its release.

Good and bad news - the python/XML trouble I have been experiencing where gone after a reinstall of Civ/Bts/TAM.

Sadly, things only worked twice (BtS started fine, I then loaded TAM by loading the 24 civ map as custom scenario).

Then I started (had it already installed before I tested anything) Fall from Heaven 2 with the Mod-Autostart link the installer creates, and it crashed with some python errors.

Since then, nothing works any more - BtS crashes with XML errors, TAM gets the python tag errors again (if I double click a TAM map), and FfH2 is crashing with python AND XML errors.

Guess I'll have to ask the FfH2 guys what p.o.s. they have packaged up :mad:

edit:
Finally, I have disabled XML and file caching in every INI file I could find in the Civ4 subfolders, and now things seem to work again - mostly:

I'm back to the python: enum_type tag errors again, which I wrote about a bit earlier. This is with both different 24 civ maps provided - haven't tested with map generator script, though.

edit 2 :
I loaded ambrox' 24civ map into the world builder on turn 0, removed and reapplied the starting techs for every nation, and saved as scenario files again.
If I start a new custom scenario now with the WBS, I do not get any more enum tag errors any more.
Haven't tested, though, if the game really runs flawless over the whole timespan, with all techs etc.

Hey guys, I'm playing this mod at 1920x1080 resolution (whether this is the cause or not, I don't know) and the icons specifically in the Tech Tree are simply impossible to make out :( Are they so small for anyone else?

Sorry guys.... I cannot dowload (3.17) !!!! All server are crazy....

Hello “ambrox62”!

I have just discovered this superb historical MOD “TAM” for BtS v3.17 (where I will persist!) and I congratulate you for quality on documentation and the care which you had to implement to carry it out. I am so much under the charm, that I will avoid you for the moment some small criticisms inevitable on a so great subject… more especially as I hardly began Western Mediterranean!

Suggestions:
1- In all my alternatives, I modified the number representative of the Animals = 1 Bear, 2 Lions, 3 Panthers and 4 Wolves (these, it is necessary just to make them a little smaller). You will see, they are very cool!
2- Idem… my Scouts profit upon the departure of Sentry promotion (if not, they are a little blind!).
3- I believe that it misses a true transport ship all the same (='round ship' without oars/"Corbita" style).

Offers:
1- I translated into French (+ some Italian corrections) 8 of the Text files. But I did not include/understand yet how one sends enclosures on this Forum! :hammer2:
2- I have much naval documentation, and I am expert in 2nd GM (especially Mediterranean theatre + Italian).

:hatsoff:

Just for the record, Thamis is the founding father of TAM and Shqype is the head programmer. I am just a fan who takes care of TAM when they are busy. ;)

After that, I'm glad to know that you enjoy the mod.
Every suggestion is always useful, and if you would publish something on this forum, you may attach it when posting (or use the downloads DB if you are a modder).
Otherwise you may PM to me and share your work by email

The sentry promotion for scout seems a really good change ;)

Otherwise you may PM to me and share your work by email
It is impossible (no mail, no possibility attachement for PM !)

OK, I sending with each one a message…

The beautiful boats are nevertheless yours (I had already downloaded them separately for a personal Mod), I believe… Put aside a Cog exotic (of Wolfshanze?), there is no in CIV4 only one model Round boat -however majority on all the seas (!)- for all the period going of Antiquity to the Renaissance !!!
Wouldn't this inspire to you to realize some? :bowdown:

I send you attachments of some sketches carried out formerly for the realization of a historical naval game.

Yes, currently I take care of TAM graphic, but boats have not been released yet.

Your sketch is really interesting, but it has too small pictures and chars. Furthermore, I'm able to join together existing pieces till now, but I'm not able to do a whole art from scratch. May be one day... :)

If there are enough people who are interested to play TAM 0.90, I'll keep up-to-date the mod with patches.
Thus, whoever play it, please let a simple message below in order to know how many persons there are.

I've planned to release a 0.91 graphic patch containing the first half of TAM Ethnic Units. Of course it will contain game fixes also, like the removal of modern workers from play.
Besides that, it depends on how much interest there is in the mod.

Haven't played civ all year but now I've finished my honours studies I'll be trying out the new version of TAM soon.
I had a look at some of your unit graphics and they look really good, hope they will be included soon.

Shqype

I don't suppose you would be prepared to post the source files for the dll.
I'd really like to make some modifications (at least for my own use) in order to include larger city radii and unrestricted colonies (to better reflect greek colonisation).

I'll be trying out the new version of TAM soon.
I had a look at some of your unit graphics and they look really good, hope they will be included soon.

There is already a upcoming 0.90c patch. May be Thamis has forgotten to upload it on ModDB :lol:
After that, I'll release a beta version of Ethnic Units for TAM 0.90c as a separate addon.

good to hear ambrox that the patch for 0.90 is already done... can't wait to see and try the changes

patch is ready here

TAM 0.90C Patch is out :)

Go to first post to download it

Happy New Year :D

Hello!

I have a slight issue I don't see addressed elsewhere. The entire interface is gone at the start of gameplay, and while hitting ESC still brings up the menu, clicking on Options results in absolutely nothing happening. I don't have this issue with any other mod. Any ideas?

-Moosh

Very strange indeed.
Did you try to reinstall TAM 0.90 + patch C from scratch?

Hey Ambrox, I just wanted to let you know that I am going to try to get a new version of Vercingetorix out tonight so you could use it for your mod. Here is a little preview:

Top Bottom