Team Game Earth 2014 (America)

Turjo

Warlord
Article I. Introduction of the Constitution
Section 1.01 Let it be known that all the actions and commands that are given by the controlling player to the country are and will always be bound by this constitution.
Section 1.02 The game shall take place with Civilization V, Brave New World, using the mod Earth 2014. Information on this mod can be found here.
Section 1.03 The Civilization that is placed under control of this constitution shall be the United States of America, also known as America.
Section 1.04 The map on which the game is played shall be Earth 2014 (Standard – Enlarged) with 22 Major Civs and 24 Minor Civs (City States).
Section 1.05 The level of difficulty at which the game is played shall be set to Emperor.
Section 1.06 The pace at which the game is played shall be set to Standard.

Article II. Amending the Constitution
Section 2.01 Amendments shall be made to the constitution with a vote of 51% or greater of players in the Membership in Good Standing.
Section 2.02 An amendment shall be made active for voting upon being introduced by a player in the Membership of Good Standing and seconded by another of the same category.
Section 2.03 Players in the Membership of Good Standing shall cast a vote of the following to participate in a ballot:
(a) “Yay” or “Yes” to convey agreement with the proposed amendment.
(b) “Nay” or “No” to convey disagreement with the proposed amendment.
(c) “Abstain” to excuse himself or herself from the ballot.
1) Abstaining in a ballot will not count for or against the amendment when calculating the 51% percentage, which means the percentage will be calculated as if the abstaining members did not exist.
Section 2.04 Voting on the amendment shall not exceed a period of three days.
(a) If a 51% majority is reached before this window of time elapses, the poll shall close and the amendment shall pass.
(b) At the end of three days, the players in the Membership of Good Standing that have not cast a vote will be considered to have abstained.

Article III. Players in the Membership of Good Standing
Section 3.01 The following players are considered to be in the Membership of Good Standing and have full voting privileges:
(a) Turjo
(b) Melda
(c) Silverman6083

Article IV. Positions and Offices
Section 4.01 The office of President shall serve as game host and issues actions and commands within the game.
(a) The term of the President shall be unlimited.
(b) The current President is Turjo.

Article V. Diplomacy
Section 5.01 America shall actively protect and defend any country that is considered a Friend and Ally.
Section 5.02 The following countries shall be considered Friends and Allies:
(a) Shinzo Abe of Japan
(b) Angela Merkel of Germany
(c) David Cameron of the United Kingdom
(d) Francois Hollande of France
(e) Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono of Indonesia
(f) Tony Abbott of Australia
(g) Stephen Harper of Canada
(h) Park Geu-hye of South Korea

Article VI. Culture
Section 6.01 America shall not actively pursue a cultural victory

Article VII. Social Policy
Section 7.01 America shall pursue the Liberty policy until complete.
Section 7.02 America shall pursue tenets under the Freedom ideology.

Article VIII. Technology and Research
Section 8.01 America shall pursue the Nanotechnology.
(a) After Nanotechnology is researched, Future Tech shall be selected and the technology tree will continue on its own accord.

Article IX. Military and Units

Article X. Building and Training
Section 10.01 America shall place in queue to produce the following items:
(a) East India Trading Company in Washington/New York
(b) EIGHT Cargo Ships in Washington/New York, Houston, and Miami
(c) FOUR Work Boats in Los Angeles and Seattle
Section 10.02 Once the approved production is complete, the sub section pertaining to that particular build shall be erased from Section 10.01.

Active Amendments up for vote:

Turjo - yes
Melda - yes
Passed

Amend Section 2.04 to read: "Voting on the amendment shall take place on the next Saturday after the amendment is proposed and seconded and given that at least three days have passed for discussion and voting.:

Also change from the same section to read:
(b) "On the Saturday when the vote is held, the players in the Membership of Good Standing that have not cast vote will be considered to have abstained."

Add to the same section:
(c) If three days of discussion have not passed before a Saturday arrives, the proposal shall be voted upon on the following Saturday.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Turjo - yes
Melda - yes
Passed

Amend:

Section 5.02 to delete points (a) through (h) (effectively clearing the list of countries we consider "Friends and Allies" and adding Section 5.03 to read: "America shall add a nation to Section 5.02 as an official Friend and Ally once a Declaration of Friendship has been declared in the game."
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Turjo - yes
Melda - yes
Passed

Create:

Section 9.01 America shall limit their military to the following units.
(a) THREE AH-64 Apache unit stationed in and around the Continental US
(b) THREE M2 Bradley unit stationed in and around the Continental US
(c) THREE M1A1 unit stationed in and around the Continental US
(d) ONE M1A1 unit stationed in Germany
(e) ONE M2 Bradley unit stationed in Germany
(f) ONE Stealth Bomber units
(g) TWO Jet Bombers units
(h) EIGHT F-15 units
(i) FIVE Los Angeles units
1) Including upgrading THREE Nuclear Submarines to Los Angeles units
(j) FOUR Carrier units
(k) FOUR Destroyer units
(l) FOUR Missile Cruiser units
(m) SEVEN Nuclear Missile units
Section 9.02 America shall disband all military units not listed under Section 8.01.

Here is the current save file. You will need to have the mod Earth 2014 installed to run this. You can find a link to that specific mod in the first page of the constitution.

Please use this save file to browse around the current situation of the game. You can use it to investigate cities, current tasks, location of military units, creating screenshots for plans of attacks, etc. Please refrain from using it to "peek ahead" so that all the events are new when the official turn is submitted.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25123568/Team Game Earth 2014 (America).Civ5Save

As of the beginning of the game at turn 250, America has the following units:

AIR:
ONE Stealth Bomber unit stationed in and around the Continental US
TWO Jet Bomber units stationed in and around the Continental US
SIX F-15 units stationed in around around the Continental US
ONE F-15 unit stationed in DEDEDO in the South Pacific
ONE F-15 unit stationed in HONOLULU
SEVEN Nuclear Missile units stationed in and around the Continental US

LAND:
SIX AH-64 Apache units stationed in and around the Continental US
NINE M2 Bradley units stationed in and around the Continental US
ONE M2 Bradley unit stationed in Germany
SEVEN M1A1 units stationed in and around the Continental US
ONE M1A1 unit stationed in Germany
ONE Great Musician stationed in and around the Continental US

SEA:
ONE Submarine unit stationed outside LOS ANGELES
ONE Los Angeles unit stationed outside LOS ANGELES
ONE Carrier unit stationed outside LOS ANGELES
ONE Destroyer unit stationed outside LOS ANGELES
ONE Missile Cruiser unit stationed outside LOS ANGELES

ONE Los Angeles unit stationed outside HONOLULU
ONE Carrier unit stationed outside HONOLULU
ONE Destroyer unit stationed outside HONOLULU
ONE Missile Cruiser unit stationed outside HONOLULU

ONE Submarine unit stationed outside DEDEDO
ONE Carrier unit stationed outside DEDEDO
ONE Destroyer unit stationed outside DEDEDO
ONE Missile Cruiser unit stationed outside DEDEDO

ONE Submarine unit stationed near The Horn of Africa
ONE Carrier unit stationed near The Horn of Africa
ONE Destroyer unit stationed near The Horn of Africa
ONE Missile Cruiser unit stationed near The Horn of Africa

Economic Overview
Spoiler :
[/URL][/IMG]

Luxury Resources
Spoiler :
2 Citrus
1 Copper
1 Cotton
3 Crab
1 Furs
2 Gold
1 Salt
1 Silver
1 Sugar
1 Truffles
1 Wine

Strategic Resources
Spoiler :
10 Aluminum
13 Coal
4 Horses
6 Iron
16 Oil
3 Uranium

Bonus Resources
Spoiler :
1 Cattle
1 Deer
7 Fish
2 Wheat

Situation and Decisions:

America follows the Protestant religion with the holy city in Houston.
Religion Overview
Spoiler :
[/URL][/IMG]

Incomes
Spoiler :
[/URL][/IMG]

Decisions need to be made for the 5 Spies/Diplomats, which specific policies to adopt, and the moving of the units around.

I will wait until we get a few more participants before actually making any moves here.

Haven't seen this forum before so I don't exactly know what's going on but I'll join :)

Cool, since I'm the only one on the list that's allowed to vote, I can't get a second to the proposal to amend Article 3.01 to add you both. So I guess this will be an exception. I propose it, second it, and since I am the only voter and I vote yes for both, it has a 100% approval and the amendment is passed!

Welcome to the game!

Cool, since I'm the only one on the list that's allowed to vote, I can't get a second to the proposal to amend Article 3.01 to add you both. So I guess this will be an exception. I propose it, second it, and since I am the only voter and I vote yes for both, it has a 100% approval and the amendment is passed!

Welcome to the game!

Haha, amazing :lol:

I believe that our first priority should be to get our budget under control. I think we can achieve that with the following proposals:

Create:

Section 9.01 America shall limit their military to the following units.
(a) ONE AH-64 Apache unit stationed in and around the Continental US
(b) ONE M2 Bradley unit stationed in and around the Continental US
(c) ONE M1A1 unit stationed in and around the Continental US
(d) ONE M1A1 unit stationed in Germany
(e) ONE M2 Bradley unit stationed in Germany
(f) ONE Stealth Bomber units in various locations
(g) TWO Jet Bombers units in various locations
(h) EIGHT F-15 units in various locations
(i) FIVE Los Angeles units in various locations
1) Including upgrading THREE Nuclear Submarines to Los Angeles units
(j) FOUR Carrier units in various locations
(k) FOUR Destroyer units in various locations
(l) FOUR Missile Cruiser units in various locations
(m) SEVEN Nuclear Missile units in various locations
Section 9.02 America shall disband all military units not listed under Section 8.01.

Section 10.02 Once the approved production is complete, the sub section pertaining to that particular build shall be erased from Section 9.01.

I completely second Article X unreservedly.

With regard to Article IX . . . by my rough reckoning that will involve the disbanding of around 5 Apaches, 8 Bradleys and 6 M1A1s.

I'm not at my computer at the moment but when I get home I'll load up the mod and have a look at that. It has my in principle support for now. :)

But I want to take a closer look before I officially sanction it. ;)

Also, did the previous articles require voting or have you signed off on them already?

Also, did the previous articles require voting or have you signed off on them already?

Are you talking about the amendment to Section 3.01 that added you and Silverman as voting members?

Any amendments to the constitution require a formal voting and adding you two as members is an amendment since the section changed to include your names. Since I was the only member, I conducted a poll and cast my vote. Section 2.03 (a) reads "If a 51% majority is reached before this window of time (referring to the three day voting period) elapses, the poll shall close and the amendment shall pass." Since I was the only member and I voted, the poll was closed immediately and passed and the constitution was then amended to include both your names.

So long story short, your answer is yes. But it all happened at the same time since I was the only member.

Nothing is official in the constitution until it is added to the first pages in this thread. So until it appears in either #1 or #2 post, it is up for discussion.

I completely second Article X unreservedly.

Article X has been seconded by Melda in its entirety and can now be voted upon

It reads

Section 10.02 Once the approved production is complete, the sub section pertaining to that particular build shall be erased from Section 9.01.

Are you talking about the amendment to Section 3.01 that added you and Silverman as voting members?

Apologies for the confusion. What I meant was do we need to vote on Articles I through VIII or are they already approved because there was no-one to vote against them?

Turjo said:
Article X has been seconded by Melda in its entirety and can now be voted upon

I vote aye.

Apologies for the confusion. What I meant was do we need to vote on Articles I through VIII or are they already approved because there was no-one to vote against them?

Aaah, I see what you've asking now. They are already adopted as laws, since I had to establish some sort of base for the constitution. But any of them can be changed by passing an amendment.

Thank you for clearing that up :)

Also, it appears that we have resources surplus to requirements. As we have a deficit in happiness and income should we try to trade our surplus resources to allies for luxury items we do not currently have and/or money to tide us over until we get back on our feet?

Also, who's allowed to propose things like what I've just said?

Just wondering; this form of game is new to me. ;)

Thank you for clearing that up :)

Also, it appears that we have resources surplus to requirements. As we have a deficit in happiness and income should we try to trade our surplus resources to allies for luxury items we do not currently have and/or money to tide us over until we get back on our feet?

Also, who's allowed to propose things like what I've just said?

Just wondering; this form of game is new to me. ;)

Excellent suggestion!

Section 2.02 reads that "An amendment shall be made active for voting upon being introduced by a player in the Membership of Good Standing and seconded by another of the same category."

I think that can reasonably be interpreted as any player that is included in the Membership of Good Standing can make a proposal.

Top Bottom