Team Game Earth 2014 (America)

I propose the following motion: that surplus luxury items are traded to other nations to acquire new luxury resources (for this to be the most effective we should exchange embassies with any trading partners first) to bring our peoples' happiness back into safe territory. If there are any leftover surplus luxury resources, trade them to other countries for gold per turn to assist with our treasury situation. Then we should trade old-fashioned strategic resources (by which I mean only coal and earlier resource types) that are not in use to other countries for gold per turn. It is intended that countries we would intend to be friendly with or eventually allied to would have precedence, but this should be just a general ethos, and the president shall have discretion to negotiation as the president wishes.

I would like to add to this proposal that surplus luxury resources should be exchanged on a 1:1 basis except when authorized by a quick vote by the general population.

I vote yes to amend Section 2.04 as proposed.

I vote yes to amend Section 5.02 as proposed.

I vote yes to creating Article IX as proposed.

Aye to those three.

I would like to add to this proposal that surplus luxury resources should be exchanged on a 1:1 basis except when authorized by a quick vote by the general population.

Sounds good to me. Seconding your changes and voting for it.

((Did you have any thoughts about Dededo?))

Sounds good to me. Seconding your changes and voting for it.

((Did you have any thoughts about Dededo?))

Ok, I second your proposal once the changes are incorporated.

I think that Dededo is a city that will contribute very little to the American cause. I don't have the votes to do anything about it at this time though. I might try to bring it up again in the future.

((Maybe by the next time you bring it up there'll be anti-American sentiment, and a pro-Japanese faction are voted into the legislature there, forcing our hand :p))

I am putting this game on hold until we get a few more people to participate. I'll check in every few days.

Fair enough. :)

In the meantime, feel free to drop in and visit the Delphian democracy game --- presently at the transition between the bronze age and the iron age. ;)

If it matters, I'll begin lurking around, although the way you do the legislation part is quite "technical-looking" and not my favourite style..

You'll probably find you'll be more engaged when crises start happening and a narrative develops. :)

Top Bottom