team pitboss

If Catherine/Russia is out I'll go back to my original pick (Peter).

I don't want permanent alliances either.

We should lottery out the leaders beforehand though...

I am afraid I am going to have to drop out. Work is really eating in to my evenings and weekends. I have already had to withdraw from all my Dominions 3 mp games and although Civ games take less time I may have to withdraw from the ones I am playing too. So I certainly shouldn't start anymore at the moment.

I am not a huge fan of cramped games anyway as I don't really like being boxed in at 3-4 cities even if there is less micromanagement that way :p So I probably wouldn't be competitive in this game. If I ever am :p

So scratch Charlemagne and my vote for Huts, Barbs & Events.

Enjoy the game everyone!

Down to 16 players.. barbs on, huts now off (Celebithil vote swinging it).

Tropical climate does create a reasonable amount of extra usable land (about 3-4 tiles height of snow at the poles rather than 7-8 tiles) so that might be the best bet since a couple of people have expressed a preference for a bit more room ... and although it won't make that much difference, it will help a little (as will having 'only' 16 players).

Last chance to comment and then I'll plan on putting the game up (and drawing the lottery) sometime in the evening tomorrow US eastern timezone. The timer will be 48 hours so that will give everyone the full weekend to play. :)

I won't do the lottery just yet as it's late, and just in case of any more second thoughts....

Looking forward to getting started!

Cheers,
Munro

OK, I swing my move to huts on. It's the only fair decision for people starting with scout on fairly crowded map IMO.

I don't support tropical or any script that causes mass dominance of terrain type. The availability of grassland is a major factor in determining the optimal economy strategy.

With tropical there will be a lot more jungle which can cause similar problems to the poles... I say we just restart if someone get a compleetly unsuable start...

Make a leader list, make a numbered player list, roll a virtual 16-sided die for the leader on top, write down the result, roll a 15-sided die, etc.

Make a leader list, make a numbered player list, roll a virtual 16-sided die for the leader on top, write down the result, roll a 15-sided die, etc.

Tx :lol: I was more thinking to how would that happen, on msn? and when?

edit: I am not around until sunday evening... hope it won't be a problem. :)

Yes I'll be doing something equivalent to this. It'll be completely random.

I'll be doing the leader draw in the next couple of hours and will post the results here a few hours before I put the game up later tonight with the final settings. I don't think it's possible to make the assignments secret though, since it'll be visible in civstats and also in the leader selection screen each time you login to the game.

Also, doesn't sound like anyone is that keen on tropical so we'll probably go with either standard or rocky climate (as originally proposed) as the final choice. Any last minute comments, suggestions or pleas to turn settings on / off / upside down etc? Now's your last chance! :p

Cheers,
Munro

I used the RAND() function on google spreadsheets to randomly order the players, and then assign them to the civ leaders in the order they were picked.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=ph6i2Gnb_0BoXbqvWBmSkRQ

The results are below.

Rusten, oyzar and I all ended up with our own dogfood picks. Everyone else has someone else's.

The game server will up shortly... I'll set it to 72 hours for the first turn (only) so that everyone has the full weekend to play, and from then on it'll be set at 48 hours.

Enjoy! :)

Player Random Leader
0.020717353033802 1. munro 1. * Sitting Bull
0.16984040125411 15. empiremaker 2. * Isabella
0.09133263142584 3. oyzar 3. * Justinian
0.73740136885282 13. KingMorgan 4. * Kublai Khan
0.31554823207739 2. niklas 5. * Hatsheput
0.4127420474039 6. Rusten 6. * Peter
0.81942797926098 8. methos 7. * Cyrus
0.58682848177857 11. USun 8. * Zara Yaqob
0.27981606677016 7. Geronimo 10. *Boudica
0.96953200532819 16. Kuningas 11. * Pericles
0.56411921897504 10. Rolo 13. * Memhed
0.51480338115908 18. PurpleTurle / Kendi 14. * de Gaulle
0.96659526720499 17. Calis 15. * Lincoln
0.54007461740825 4. earthling 16. * Asoka
0.056930969355418 5. RRRaskolnikov 17. * Julius Caesar
0.80066906045289 14. Celebithil 18. * Gilgamesh

Hatty, here we go!! Thanks Ras, I'll leave you for last! ;)

Haha, that's what you get for choosing Sitting Bull.

As for me... OH NO ASOKA... My precious cities, my precious cultural cities. OH THE INHUMANITY! NOOOOOOOO...

Spoiler :
Actually I don't recall having played Asoka for ages - I guess I can be happy with him for this game. That was in reference to a very infamous moment though, all the way back in Vanilla civIV. I was going for a deity cultural victory, was sure I had the AI's beat to space race (plus had spies and cash) but got dow'ed on by Huayna Capac from the other continent about 5 turns from my victory (I only had infantry military vs. a full invasion force of modern armor...). The thing was I didn't even have contact with him until about 20 turns before - I'd purposely avoided the other continent but then stupidly met Huayna when sending a spy over to the Americans or someone (On my continent we all had one religion except Monty - he fought a lot of wars but I was shielded and kept out). Well this game will be nothing like that but I still think Asoka may be a more boring leader (fast worker UU not even that much fun...) - I'll do my best to bring a good game to the table though.

Anyway, good luck to everyone!

:dubious: Fast workers are easily the best UU in the game. But as you say, maybe not the most fun...

I think oyzar won't be very displeased with getting his own dogfood. Probably not Rusten either. Munro on the other hand... :p

Top Bottom