Terraforming, Forest Planting mod

That's what I understood too ... and that's why I really would know what specific lines you added I can integrate them in the Warlords schema files. :)

Thakns in advance Avain.

I'm not sure if I understand you right. I did not add anything to the schema files. If you want to check what's the difference between the BtS schemas and the Warlord schemas, just compare them with a comparison tool. Or is there a schema you need from BtS that's not provided with the mod?

I'm not sure if I understand you right. I did not add anything to the schema files. If you want to check what's the difference between the BtS schemas and the Warlord schemas, just compare them with a comparison tool. Or is there a schema you need from BtS that's not provided with the mod?

Okeeeee ... at last ! here is my answer : you didn't add anything to the shema files.

Thanks. Sorry to speak a so bad english ... :mischief: I though my question was quite easy to understand ... :lol:

Okeeeee ... at last ! here is my answer : you didn't add anything to the shema files.

Thanks. Sorry to speak a so bad english ... :mischief: I though my question was quite easy to understand ... :lol:

Oh, c'mon, your English is OK! I thought I understood it in the first place and answered this:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8089845&postcount=37

Maybe you did not understand what I meant by "stock schema files"? ;) It's the same as the default ones, the ones that come with the game;)

suggestions:
Tree Nursery: disable that improvement on Forest tile
Elevate/Level Terrain: print result of that action, ex. Tile will be elevated/leveled or something
Terraform: same, print result of that action, ex. Terraform to Tundra (on snow tile), or Terraform to Plain (on desert tile)

I also prefer to do not consume unit on terraform, 1000 gold cost is enough

suggestions:
Tree Nursery: disable that improvement on Forest tile

Ok.

Elevate/Level Terrain: print result of that action, ex. Tile will be elevated/leveled or something
Terraform: same, print result of that action, ex. Terraform to Tundra (on snow tile), or Terraform to Plain (on desert tile)

Might be a bit harder, as the result of the exact action should be calculated, and I wanted to keep the mod simple. But would be nice to do, I agree.

I also prefer to do not consume unit on terraform, 1000 gold cost is enough

Each to their own preference. Initially I wanted a different terraforming unit (else than the worker), but I wanted to keep it simple.
But you can very easily change this, check the Terraform improvement in XML, and change the value (it's something like consume...)

This is a cool looking minimod. I'm looking to merge it into my own personal game. Can you tell me what was added to CvEventManager.py and the art, terrain, and unit schema xml files? I've been able to figure out the changes to the other XMLs easily enough but those files are a pain to read through when you don't have much modding experience.

Hi!

You really need to start using a comparison tool, like Winmerge: http://winmerge.org/
It will not only help in this case, but in all cases you are looking for changes!

If you still have problems, ask freely

Avain, did you test, if the AI fully uses the improvements, which are expected to be used?
I ask, because i've seen the AI terraform much flatlands into hills in my mod, but they don't build mines on it.
I wonder, if the AI recognizes the plot as hills.
In vanilla is no way to change a plot in a hill, so there's maybe no routine to recalculate the AI for plots in this way.

Avain, did you test, if the AI fully uses the improvements, which are expected to be used?
I ask, because i've seen the AI terraform much flatlands into hills in my mod, but they don't build mines on it.
I wonder, if the AI recognizes the plot as hills.
In vanilla is no way to change a plot in a hill, so there's maybe no routine to recalculate the AI for plots in this way.

I've not seen the AI use Terraforming.

So in one case the AI has been using it to create hills but hasn't worked them, and in the other case the AI doesn't use it at all. Is there confirmation either way on this?

There's a technical difference, i've thought Avain had changed it.

In my mod, the "improvement hill" gives +1 :hammers: and -1 :food:, so that the AI uses it, but here it can't be done in that way, because there's one improvement to create and destroy a hill.

Hi,
I'm a little inexperienced at modular components, I have only built mods the old fashioned way. I'm trying this on the newest update for BTS, so perhaps I might need to change some of the schema or something to get it to work.

Anyway, I've read over the tutorials on mod comp, but still haven't gotten this to work. So I created a new mod and copied the Terraform folder to the Mods\MyMod\Assets\Modules\ folder. The boolean for modular loading in the MyMod.ini file is set to 1. Is there anything I'm missing on this end, or is it just an issue with the new update for BTS? I haven't made any other changes to the My Mod document and the options aren't available in the game.

I tried to download the Quot_Capita mod as a reference, but I didn't see a terraform file in the Assets\Modules folder which is why I think I'm doing something wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,
I'm a little inexperienced at modular components, I have only built mods the old fashioned way. I'm trying this on the newest update for BTS, so perhaps I might need to change some of the schema or something to get it to work.

Anyway, I've read over the tutorials on mod comp, but still haven't gotten this to work. So I created a new mod and copied the Terraform folder to the Mods\MyMod\Assets\Modules\ folder. The boolean for modular loading in the MyMod.ini file is set to 1. Is there anything I'm missing on this end, or is it just an issue with the new update for BTS? I haven't made any other changes to the My Mod document and the options aren't available in the game.

I tried to download the Quot_Capita mod as a reference, but I didn't see a terraform file in the Assets\Modules folder which is why I think I'm doing something wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi ss4johnny,

terraforming is a small python change and some xml. In python files provided check for the Terraforming comment.
You're best off if you use some file comparison tool.

I think there might be a small glitch in there someplace, cause sometimes it works perfectly within 25 turns it turns into a forest, but then some games i had over 200 turns and they never turned into a forest??

I think there might be a small glitch in there someplace, cause sometimes it works perfectly within 25 turns it turns into a forest, but then some games i had over 200 turns and they never turned into a forest??

Would be strange as it's handled by the game in the same way as the cottage->town progression...

great mod avain. but for my tastes it is way too overpriced. anyway i was trying to eliminate the tree nursery stage, and the biodome stage. when i changed the xml to go directly to a forest it didnt work properly.

when i tried to plant a forest in game, it gave me a production bonus like a had chopped a forest down.

when i tried the terraform it just added an improvment to the land and showed the land worked improvement. never changing the terrain type.

if you know why it does this could you please give me some help?

Top Bottom