The 32 Player Warlords PTBS

48 hours only for the 1st turn. A good idea, considering it may be hard to get all 32 players alerted in 24 hours... and I wouldn't want people missing out on the first turn, or two.

If the timer is continually 48 hours some will forget to play entirely. I vote for 20 hour timer (which will actually be 24 hours).

You guys are completely missing the point.

Turn 1 ONLY: 40 Hours (48 hours real time)
Turn 2 onwards: 20 Hours (24 Hours real time)

ONLY the first turn will have a longer timer. ONLY!

Sorry if this has been adressed elsewhere but are you going to run a "test" game to allow everyone to check connectivity, passwords, etc...that might also let you know how many of the 32 are going to show up for the big show and/or how many replacements you'll need.

I think this has been suggested before, but IMO it would greatly increase the game experience if we could get someone like Sirian to either (a) design a map for us or (b) go through a random map and make some small adjustments to balance it so no one gets stuck in Ice or Desert.

hey sorry i haven't responded to the poll (it's because im cool with whatever) but i'm definately still going to play.

I have no preference with the settings.
I also think that I practically got the worst civ + leader as well :mad:
Anyway I will be there when this game finally kicks off...

CB Droege said:
I'd be okay waiting until Oct 3... That would give us a chance to run a test werver, to find a good map, to make sure everyone gets a chace to vote and trade leaders, and for our 32nd player to return.

I agree with CB on all these points. It would be worth waiting till the 3rd if all the bugs are worked out as far as everyone being able to connect and play a turn. Better to fix things up ahead-of-time than during the "real" game.

I will be putting up a test game pretty soon - maybe tonight - to be sure people can properly connect and whatnot - and also to make sure the 32 player mod doesn't have any issues with Pitboss or Civstats.

It's going to be running on a non-default port, and I am going to make the address easy to remember: 32.civstats.com :)

Goodo. Nice to see you're no beginner to how to host a PTBS. I added you on my gmail list and we've got a master gmail list running over @ StrG. Might be wise to add the players on your list in order to get them logging in and testing.

Not sure what I'm doing here.
Found the other site with what to do with the file.....but am still confused what to do with it. I can't see it when I tried to load it, so something is wrong somewhere. The unzip put it into C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Assets. But reading the forum it says something about mygames? Do I put it in my documents\my games and make more folders? Help please.
Also is the pitboss up? I tried direct IP using '32.civstats.com' as the address.....Is this correct?
Thanks.

The mod will need to be repackaged specifically for this game. The file the GS linked to is not a mod, it's just a dll file. It needs a few other files as well as a directory structure with it before anyone can actually use it. I think it's something he's putting together, or if you're not GS, I can do it.

No the server isn't up yet. I'm getting it set up now actually.

Top Bottom