The 32 Player Warlords PTBS

Test server is up:

IP: 32.civstats.com:2064
Password: 32test

I set up the game to start in the Industrial age because I want people to run around and find each other. We should find out what happens when there are 32 players on our foreign advisor. :p The turn timer is also set to 1 hour, and all of the players are AI's until some humans log in for them. This is just a test to make sure people can connect and to make sure that the mod works, which it appears to be so far!

You will need to download the mod. I have packaged it up, details in this post.

I wont be able to test connect to this until the start of October, since my 'unlimited' broadband connection has a 10GB limit that I have gone past.

That's a good point about the foreign advisor with 32 players... would it be feasible to use the HOF mod pack? Would everyone have to be using it?

http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ4/mod.php for those who don't know.

I haven't used it much myself, but it could possibly save quite a bit of scrolling in the resources/technologies tab of the foreign advisor later in the game...

azzaman333 said:
I wont be able to test connect to this until the start of October, since my 'unlimited' broadband connection has a 10GB limit that I have gone past.

You've done 10GB of downloading in the past month? :eek:

Wing Wah said:
That's a good point about the foreign advisor with 32 players... would it be feasible to use the HOF mod pack? Would everyone have to be using it?

http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ4/mod.php for those who don't know.

I haven't used it much myself, but it could possibly save quite a bit of scrolling in the resources/technologies tab of the foreign advisor later in the game...

I would be in favor of this. All of the mods in that pack are non-gameplay changing mods so it would not affect actual balance at all. It simply improves the interface which will be very useful because of the number of players. Also, I think the game is way better with those mods. I haven't used the HOF mod specifically, but I have used the "Yet Another Unaltered Gameplay Mod" which has almost all of those same mods in the pack.

I could easily add the HOF mod to the official mod package that I'm hosting. Since all of the mods default to disabled, people could turn on the different modified advisors as they like, so those that just want to use the vanilla interface can do so. It's up to GS and the rest of the players...

I downloaded the file and now I appear to have a serious problem.
Warlords won't even start!
This is my error message............
AppName: civ4warlords.exe AppVer: 2.0.0.0 ModName: kernel32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2945 Offset: 00012a5b
Make sense to anyone?
I played warlords fine online yesterday!

Sounds like you need to reinstall. The mod won't do anything until you actually load it, so if you're having problems even launching the game then you've got bigger problems...

OverloadUT said:
I would be in favor of this. All of the mods in that pack are non-gameplay changing mods so it would not affect actual balance at all. It simply improves the interface which will be very useful because of the number of players. Also, I think the game is way better with those mods. I haven't used the HOF mod specifically, but I have used the "Yet Another Unaltered Gameplay Mod" which has almost all of those same mods in the pack.

I could easily add the HOF mod to the official mod package that I'm hosting. Since all of the mods default to disabled, people could turn on the different modified advisors as they like, so those that just want to use the vanilla interface can do so. It's up to GS and the rest of the players...

I can attest that the HOF mod is great!

I was able to bring civ fanatics back up. Don't have a clue as to why I was unable to log into it from home the last 2 days....something freaky goin' on at my isp? Anyway, as I posted over on strategamer, I was able to log into the test game with the new mod but didn't have Elizabeth as a leader option...only Victoria...hope that's just a "testing" thing?

Please can someone help me?

I uninstalled and re-installed Warlords. Tested it and it works fine.
I then downloaded and unzipped the mod, it went into warlords/mods and created it's own folder.
However, when I try to connect to the (test) game via direct IP I crash immediately out of Warlords to Desktop and have a run time error message displayed.

EDIT...ok I'm dumb, didn't know how to use a MOD! seems ok now.
:)

Magzi said:

I then downloaded and unzipped the mod, it went into warlords/mods and created it's own folder.
However, when I try to connect to the (test) game via direct IP I crash immediately out of Warlords to Desktop and have a run time error message displayed.

Sounds like you got it figured out. :)

But just in case anyone else is having the same problem, if you don't "activate" the mod before trying to connect, you will crash to desktop.

I got in, but it looked like there were two Mehmeds (one protocol7 and one AI mehmed.) It seemed kind of weird, although maybe it's because it's a test game.

Yeah, it's because it's the test game. He probably just put every Civ as random. So there ends up being multiple duplicates that way.

Magzi said:

I'm having the same problem... did the fix come about because of reinstalling, or because you didn't have the mod loaded?

Installation of the mod seemed to work fine on my PC. However, when I load the mod and try to link to the game I only get to the room where I can usually pick a leader. There are no leaders shown tho and I get stuck.

Any ideas?

Top Bottom