The Classical Freedom loving Left vs the Regressive Leftists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quarantine on reddit is not a "closure", you can still enter (as long as you have an account) and aside from disabled monitization it for the most part still works the way any other subreddit works for the people using it.

Of course it's still censorship, as it strongly suggests to people who don't know what they'll see that they better not look at that Subreddit.

Ok from what I see it seems like guys like the Chowder guy clearly may have been censored on facebook and Milo was more or less imtimadated, roughed up at the free speech event at the Chicago University. Reddit some of you say 'Quarantine' is not censorship or it was full of 'Nazis'? ...so which was it, were 80% - 99% of the users in this euro reddit forum did they have hitler pics, were they doing fascist waves, did they post KKK banners each week? were these people nasty racist rednecks and nazi skinheads, were they saying 'gas all dem Jews' wearing a nazi flag in their profile pics?...just wondering...I have looked at footage at some of those rallys and protests in Switzerland, France, Germany and it seems a lot of them are normal people, teachers, taxi drivers, grannies, kids, artists, factory workers...all ages, different ethnic groups, many works of life, all kinds of people out having a colorful protest, nothing say sinister, or militant or 'Nazi' about some of these protests.
While there may still be a small group of KKK or Nazi out there benefiting from the islamic immigration thing, I don't think what I saw was bad in youtube videos on Germany and French streets, they just seem to be all kinds of conservative. I think a lot are just conserned about immigration or just emotional, maybe concerned citizens...you do know that being anti Illegal-Immigration or being a little proud of your culture or a little nationalistic or patriot or voting for a Conservative Party does not mean someone is a Nazi? You do know this guys?

Well, can't say I visited that Subreddit very often, but the few times I did the Subreddit didn't seem too "Nazi-ish" to me. And I'm from Germany, call me an expert. It was very similar to other Subreddits, such as /r/Atheism or /r/Blacklivesmatter in that most of the content consisted of News about the bad things people they're against (in the case of /r/Atheism mostly Christians, in case of /r/Blacklivesmatter white people, cops and conservatives, in the case of /r/European Radical Muslims and Immigrants) did and in my opinion they're WAY too far on the side of fearmongering and way to neglectful with their critical thinking skills but that's about it.

Unless I missed some seriously racist stuff I don't think west india man's description of the subreddit was very accurate, it rather seems to me that he probably never actually visited it, or just looked at some of the headlines, saw that they're about bad things Muslims did and concluded that they must be Nazis.

Either way, it seems they've moved from reddit to voat.co, so anyone who wants to see what they're like can find them there.

Who are you trying to convince that these alt right trash forums are not racist/misogynist/whatever?

A brief scan of the thread titles gives sufficient insight. Opening up a bunch of comments threads and Ctrl-Fing for "jewish" or "jew" gives more.

No idea what you're talking about. I searched for "Jewish", yeah there's some nonsense like this:

"World boxing champ Tyson Fury tells it like it is. " Everyone is brainwashed by the Zionists Jewish people that own all the banks and media." (v/European)"

"In emancipating itself from huckstering and money, and thus from real and practical Judaism, our age would emancipate itself." - Karl Marx, "On the Jewish Question," 1842 (v/European)" <- That's hilarious

"The Removal of /r/european Just Proves That Reddit Has a Marxist, Genocidal Agenda. When enough people disagree with the Jewish narrative Being Pushed They'll Just Shut You Down. (v/European)"
Insane, top comment however:
<snip>. Drop. The. Jew. <snip>.

I don't care if they rule the world. Even if you beleive they are, the average jew isnt in on it and is more our ally in the coming <snip>storm than anything. (Comment goes on, but I'm too lazy to censor all the profanity that follows)"

Most of the threads I see on the first page are actually posts like this:
German Jewish leaders: We are no longer safe here

Quote from the post it links to:

&#8220;No, we are no longer safe here,&#8221; Killy told the news outlet tagesschau.de on Tuesday. He said the disintegration of state power, excesses of the extreme right-wing, the loss of political credibility, and &#8220;the terrible fear of naming Islamism as such&#8221; have contributed to an insecure environment for Jews. Hamburg&#8217;s Jewish community has nearly 2,500 members."

"Jewish man attacked with machete by 16-year-old terrorist in Marseille, France (jewishpress.com)"

The one comment in the post is rather stupid:
" The attack took place in a neighborhood which is highly populated with Jews. French police have thrown a dragnet around the area, which has been entirely shut down."

Jews get the most protection while everyone else gets nothing. Jews are treated the best of all."

Overall it's a mixed bag. I mean don't get me wrong, there's certainly some racist posts around if you search for the right keywords, but I think that's to be expected. Communities that are anti-immigration and anti-islam tend to draw in racists. That attitude doesn't seem to be prevalent when you actually look at the site as a whole instead of searching only for what you want to find and, with some exceptions, the posts that are talking badly about jews don't seem to be getting much support.

How would a logical conservative or a rational patriot respond to all this?

So Greece may have saved some sizable percentage of real 'refugees' but it is becoming overloaded with islamic illegals? England elects a Londonistan mayor while BBC goes Allah hu Ackbar and its presenter has signed off &#8216;Inshallah&#8217; or &#8216;If Allah Wills It&#8217; at the end of one of the nationally televised debating programmes. Meanwhile Merkel possibly suffers mental illness, Merkel now states If We Close The Border, &#8216;Europe Is Destroyed&#8217; meanwhile they have started to censor debate on youtube, facebook etc

another example may be how quickly this thread critical of modern 4th wave feminism got closed
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=568688
I reported the mod's incorrect action to other Moderators

has political corretness become a 'religion' and is it now on steroids?

It appears the regressive left are seizing control of social media from the classical freedom loving left.

First, Facebook has been censoring conservative news:
http://gizmodo.com/former-facebook-workers-we-routinely-suppressed-conser-1775461006
Facebook workers routinely suppressed news stories of interest to conservative readers from the social network&#8217;s influential &#8220;trending&#8221; news section, according to a former journalist who worked on the project. This individual says that workers prevented stories about the right-wing CPAC gathering, Mitt Romney, Rand Paul, and other conservative topics from appearing in the highly-influential section, even though they were organically trending among the site&#8217;s users.

Several former Facebook &#8220;news curators,&#8221; as they were known internally, also told Gizmodo that they were instructed to artificially &#8220;inject&#8221; selected stories into the trending news module, even if they weren&#8217;t popular enough to warrant inclusion&#8212;or in some cases weren&#8217;t trending at all. The former curators, all of whom worked as contractors, also said they were directed not to include news about Facebook itself in the trending module.

Twitter has recruited something called the "Trust and Safety Council" which is packed with left wing organizations to help police "abuse" on Twitter.
http://theweek.com/articles/607490/twitters-new-trust-safety-council-orwellian-nightmare
But there's reason to suspect that Twitter's policies about tamping down "abuse" won't tamp down actual "abuse," but just censor political speech.

Twitter recently announced a new "Trust and Safety Council" to help in this task. As Twitter works to "develop products, policies, and programs," the council will "help us tap into the expertise and input of organizations at the intersection of these issues more efficiently and quickly." The council is made up of dozens of organizations. Alongside unimpeachable organizations like the National Domestic Violence Hotline, there are organizations that explicitly support efforts to limit troublesome discussion. The council includes organizations like the Internet Watch Foundation, the Safer Internet Centre, and Feminist Frequency. Here's where the "Orwellian" part comes in: "speech that doesn't offend anybody" is the opposite of free expression.

After all, as Biz Stone pointed out, some tweets "downright anger a vast majority of users," and that's life. "[W]e keep the information flowing irrespective of any view we may have about the content." It's also worth noting that while many organizations on Twitter's list have a progressive bent, I couldn't find one with a conservative or libertarian bent. (I can recommend, off the top of my head, the Cato Institute, FIRE, and the Becket Fund.)

This is more than just an idle fear. Last month Twitter stripped right-wing pundit Milo Yiannopoulos of his "verified" user status. Now the company has banned Robert Stacy McCain, an inflammatory right-wing writer. And apparently, not only did Twitter ban him, it also censored the hashtag that welled up in his support.

What's striking isn't just that there may be a political bias in those decisions. The more serious problems are a lack of due process and explanation, and a striking imbalance between what happens to semi-prominent Twitter personalities and the countless run-of-the-mill Twitter trolls who are still at large. And how else could it be? As Biz Stone wrote in 2011, "On a practical level, we simply cannot review all one hundred million-plus Tweets created and subsequently delivered every day." And since then, the number of tweets produced every day has quintupled. The Trust and Safety Council can't actually protect users from abuse; its only power is stop controversial users from issuing controversial opinions on Twitter.

Which has lead to the point where if you complain about Conservatives being banned on Facebook, your account will get a 1 month suspension. :eek:
http://heatst.com/tech/facebook-censors-conservative-lauren-southern-for-mentioning-censorship/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom