The Cold War Deluxe; 1950-1991

Dferrill, before I send you the text files, when did this occur? At the beginning of the first turn, or later in the game?
I want to see if I can recreate the error.
Later in the game right after dec 1952 played a few turns when it happened.that date was where i started playing from my save .I will try and go through my auto saves to find out exactly when and see if it happens again.I think I found the problem it has something to do with the tactical nuke plant being built.the turn before april 1953 there was 1 turn before its being built the next turn you get that error message but the strange thing is it now says 19 turns left to build very strange.

I posted another error with klydens mp biq that you used. I will point it out again since your using his version. the game will crash if you try to upgrade your palace.you should disable that if you can or everyone shouldnt try to update your palace thats your choice.it did crash the game with no error message just crashed to desktop.

Alright all, here's the .biq that Batman sent me.

Haven't had the chance to test it out yet, myself. Curse finals week. I get to it this weekend.

Attachments

• TCW multiplayer test version D.zip
    98.8 KB · Views: 58
I posted another error with klydens mp biq that you used. I will point it out again since your using his version. the game will crash if you try to upgrade your palace.you should disable that if you can or everyone shouldnt try to update your palace thats your choice.it did crash the game with no error message just crashed to desktop.

Dferrill, not sure what is happening. I am up to April 1957, no problems upgrading the palace. This time around I have only Euro on human since I want to play this through to 1960 asap.

Will continue to test. I am more concerned with the tactical nuke build crashing the game.

so is that file kosher or what? i can link it up and you guys can get started if that's the case. please advise - thanks :)

Nah, I am still testing it. There are a couple things I want to alter still.
I want to back off on some of the initial nuke placement further, and I want to force Euro and UK to build the tactical nuke plant, so that pushes their nuke stockpiles back a bit. I definitely want both those civs to have big stockpiles by late 50's though. I figure if the U.S. wants to ship nukes over to Europe in the early 50's, that is the best way to handle the nuke situation, and keep it as close to history as possible.

I am up to late 1959 playing just Euro, and still no crashes. Naturally, with alliances off the computer went a little nutty and most of Canada now is in the hands of the Imperialist Americans. Only other battle was between SEATO and WP with WP capturing Rangpur and 3 South Vietnamese cities.
This is a good thing in my opinion, since at least the AI WP and China can't seem to build forces large enough to consider taking on anybody but SEATO.
Humans, well, that could be another matter altogether.

Nah, I am still testing it. There are a couple things I want to alter still.
I want to back off on some of the initial nuke placement further, and I want to force Euro and UK to build the tactical nuke plant, so that pushes their nuke stockpiles back a bit. I definitely want both those civs to have big stockpiles by late 50's though. I figure if the U.S. wants to ship nukes over to Europe in the early 50's, that is the best way to handle the nuke situation, and keep it as close to history as possible.

I am up to late 1959 playing just Euro, and still no crashes. Naturally, with alliances off the computer went a little nutty and most of Canada now is in the hands of the Imperialist Americans. Only other battle was between SEATO and WP with WP capturing Rangpur and 3 South Vietnamese cities.
This is a good thing in my opinion, since at least the AI WP and China can't seem to build forces large enough to consider taking on anybody but SEATO.
Humans, well, that could be another matter altogether.
I hate to bring this up again but can we take a vote or something on paid labor vs forced labor see my previous posts about this.As the newest biq still have all communists as forced labor.and allso there is still 3 of my cites facing starvation at the start i thought they was to be fixed?. I can live with this if its to much trouble?.I do have serious concerns though about the forced labor issue atleast its a issue in my mind and i havent got this answered yet atleast i dont think i have in the other posts.So I assume its going to stay the way it is because the latest biq still has the forced labor.Im sorry and dont mean to cause problems. I just would like a answer to my concerns before we get started to avoid being confused at the start of our game.:confused:

So thats what gold rush means lol im not very hip when it comes to slang.:eek:

Yup, gold rush was turned on in version E last yesterday.
I testing for crashes now, but expect to release final version today.

Yup, gold rush was turned on in version E last yesterday.
I testing for crashes now, but expect to release final version today.
Sounds good hopefully I will have no problems with my computer.I have done alot of upgrading lately with computer I recentley upgraded my processor but my comp is now crashing every once in awhile.probem is my bios is now having clashes with the new proceesor im taking it in today to get my bios updated to the new processor hopefully this wont cause me to be down long.so if i dont answer anyone there is a problem or they kept my computer.so dont panic if you dont hear from me.even if there is a problem should be no longer then a couple days.but i expect no problems today but you know how computers can be sometimes.:mad:

OK, Dferrill, I solved the tactical nuke problem Wonder Splash problem, but I am seeing other problems showing up, unrelated to it.
A game design problem appears to be that if China/Yugo loses Yugoslavia, they lose horses. Right now, to produce T-34's, a civ needs horses. I think I will remove the horse resource as prerequisite to build T-34's.
Also, the game crashes to desktop when I click on oil in the Civpedia.
I am looking again at the original biq that Klyden built to see if there is something fundamentally different between his and mine. There should not be, since I simply made modifications from his.

Fun, fun, fun.

Sending hopefully final version to El Justo now. I will have to send a modified text as well, but should not impact immediate play.

I would still like some testing done on this.

thanks

@VC: That's okay, you can keep Europe. I rather like the role of the behind-the-scenes non-power civ. I have to use strategy in leiu of force. Very fun. :)

I think I have done all the testing I want for this newest biq for the PBEM.
I will send tomorrow to El Justo for distribution. There will be also a modified PediaIcons file, but that can be altered on the fly, and we can start this game essentially tomorrow.

Excellent! I'm looking forward to being stomped on by Israel! :p

oh yes, I forgot to come back to this thread

Have we started yet? I hope not!

Anyways, if we haven't started PBEM: Lorenz2554@aol.com

Biq sent to El Justo. Hopefully, with his blessing, we can move on this very soon.

Top Bottom