The Department of Foreign Affairs - Term 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Charis in the Anicent Era we should be more than trigger happy to expand our empire while our UU is still modern. We should (as we move into the latter Era's) become more and more peacefull.

Am TOTALLY with Charis and Russia on this, if we dont claim a big peice of the world while we have the early military advantage then we are gonna be put in a situation where we are forced into peace not by choice but by fear of destruction. Easier to find peace when you have the strongest nation on the planet than when you are a punk ass little civ on the corner of nowhere.

Kentonio

I also agree, to me that is the big advantage of the Persians, they can take a huge chunk of land, then quickly develop it into a powerhouse (industrious, and the building of many Libraries to expand our borders AND our minds!). THEN we can be peaceful, establish the PAX PERSIANA (or in this case, Pax Phoenatica!);)

I hereby give my support to the Ministry of foreign affairs and it's leader, FOR THE GLORY OF OUR EMPIRE!

However, I dont believe the early-era warpath is the way to go (me having voted to use the babylonians not the persians) I stand opposite to those of the ministry of military affairs, I believe in defensive military. I believe we should avoid all hostile conflicts unless we are provked.

The Spice Traders Guild will also support the Foreign Affairs cabinet in all matters of trade.

Originally posted by Immortal
I hereby give my support to the Ministry of foreign affairs and it's leader, FOR THE GLORY OF OUR EMPIRE!

However, I dont believe the early-era warpath is the way to go (me having voted to use the babylonians not the persians) I stand opposite to those of the ministry of military affairs, I believe in defensive military. I believe we should avoid all hostile conflicts unless we are provked.

my first thoughts were in your direction, but i got conviced that wasting the immortals just for defense would not be the right way to go. i now comply to an agressive early expansion after we can build immortals, an then make peace with all civilizations which are left from our early warmongering.

normaly i dont play this way, but i also think it seems to be the best way for the Phoenaticans to go.

It appears that the overwhelming majority of citizens favors an early agressive foreign policy utilizing the Phoenatican Immortals to their utmost. My defacto instructions for foreign affairs will be:

[Edit - the Foreign Policy manifesto was moved to the first post of this thread]

Originally posted by disorganizer

my first thoughts were in your direction, but i got conviced that wasting the immortals just for defense would not be the right way to go. i now comply to an agressive early expansion after we can build immortals, an then make peace with all civilizations which are left from our early warmongering.

normaly i dont play this way, but i also think it seems to be the best way for the persians to go.

I usually play the pacifist game myself but then again have never played the persians and would think it would be a sin to waste the early military advantage immortals have.With the goal being a large Democratic Pacifist civ later in the game.

DeputyDomesticMinister Hendrix

Originally posted by Shaitan
It appears that the overwhelming majority of citizens favors an early agressive foreign policy utilizing the Phoenatican Immortals to their utmost. My defacto instructions for foreign affairs will be:

1. Establish embassies as soon as possible.
2. Extort funds and/or technologies as possible.
3. Do not agree to foreign demands of extorsion. If the Military Advisor believes we are unready for war and the President believes war is likely if demands are refused, this instruction should be countermanded.
4. When the Military Advisor is ready for a campaign of agression to support our goals of Manifest Destiny, the Department of Foreign Affairs will declare war.
5. The Trade Department is cautioned to consult with the Military Department before signing trade agreements. If the trading partner is a likely target of agression it might be better to withold Phoenatican goods and avoid signing an agreement that will interfere with the military and foreign goals.
6. Similarly, the Department of Foreign Affairs will not sign Right of Passage agreements with civilizations identified by the Military Department as probable victims of agression. We will sign ROP agreements with civilizations that are not identified as targets and those targets that we do not intend to attack within the period of the ROP agreement.
7. Declaration of War will not be permitted against any civilization that we have an active treaty or trade deal with.
8. Declaration of War will not be permitted if Phoenatican forces are already present on the target's soil. The honor of Phoenatica will not be sullied by preemptive troop movements or sneak attacks.
9. The Department of Foreign Affairs will seek alliances against our victims of agression. This is both proactive and preventative. It will help to weaken our opponent and deprive them of possible allies in one fell swoop.

These edicts will remain in effect until they are replaced, we reach our Manifest Destiny or the Phoenatican Immortal is outstripped on the battlefield (pikemen are in use by the target).

Comments are both welcomed and requested. If any point draws particular criticism we'll go to the polls to iron it out.

I wholly support these edicts as handed down by out foreign minister, though I must caution that embassies are expensive for an ancient civilization, and it will therefore only be possible to set up a few initially. By the middle middle ages, I expect we will have embassies with almost every civ we have contacted.

Too true about your views on wasting the Immortals, I don't like war, but I'm sure the ministry will at some point have to deal with war. So for know Ill put my faith in the cabinet.

the department of foreign affairs should insist on sending warrior(s) in the direction the barbs disappeared to. maybe we can make contact to another civilization!
they must have gone somewhere and normaly they go after our cities if no other civ is nearby

Originally posted by disorganizer
the department of foreign affairs should insist on sending warrior(s) in the direction the barbs disappeared to. maybe we can make contact to another civilization!
they must have gone somewhere and normaly they go after our cities if no other civ is nearby
Excellent point, and already done. I posted the Department's desires right after I read Eyrei's post pointing out that the barb behavior indicated a nearby civilization.

The Foreign Affairs ministry is proud to have made contact with Rome, The US, Aztexico, Babylon and Greece. We have good relations with all of them and have extracted the maximum amount of technology. Although, as of now The United States of America is our unofficial target for our Immortal War.

Benjamin Miller
Deputy Foreign Affairs Minister

[QUOTEAlthough, as of now The United States of America
Deputy Foreign Affairs Minister [/B][/QUOTE] Has the President or Military adviser agreed to this

Not yet, but I said that they were UNOFFICIALY the target because in the turn chat we thought that the US posed the greatest danger, they have the best land, they are the closest and they will impede our expansion. I was just posting the general consensus from the chat. That was not an official desicion of anything, just like Iraq is the UNOFFICIAL next target for the US to conquer in real life.

America is definitely the target identified by the Foreign Affairs Department. The Military Department (and of course the people) will need to approve hostile actions but I concur with all of Ben's statements.

i think this sould even be the next poll since we have enough time to vote for war or against. and for the opponent of course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom