the first full sized WW2 scenario!

Buddha2723

Warlord
*New version beta 4(1/31/2011)

Details:
Play as US, UK commonwealth, France, Russia or China on the allied side, or play as one of the three major axis powers of Germany, Japan, and Italy.
Known issues to be fixed for v 5: Fix date bug, giving the player many turns per year; possible name changes; does not work with Call To Power, will fix govt policies soon, and release separate, ctp version.

Hmmmm, has anyone successfully downloaded it? Remember, the mod needs to be installed and checked, and the map file has exclamation marks ( !! World War 2... !! ) around it, unlike the modfile, which is invalid when selecting the map in 'set up game'. Also remember to check "load scenario".

i try open it with world builder
i check your mod and a can not load map
use another map us vs world was invalid before

The map appears to have been corrupted on upload, renaming 'A NEW WW2 scenario' and reposting.
*Nope, that wasn't it, file is down until I can figure out why my maps are turning corrupt. They seem fine until modbuddy gets a hold.

So how will this work? I add to the maps folder then makes sure I ahev teh call to power mod on then pick n the scenario comes up?

OK can get it loaded using call top power mod....but it crashes before I get to even take a turn - I;ve had bigger maps work before - not sure if same problem that frix-ass were tryign to fix ith big maps / lots of content - will try with lower rendering and see but doubt it is that

My comp is far from the best and I've tested both maps through several turns. I use the lowest graphic settings, other than resolution. If you want to delete the non-playable cities(in south america, and parts of Asia) it probably wouldn't affect balance much.

*I've removed as many superfluous cities and units as I could, and posted them to sourceforge as simplified maps.

**Simplified WW2 map has been updated so that the Chinese do not fall quickly to the Japanese, recreating the stalemate that existed.

Reloaded both versions of WW2 maps with diplomacy fixes. It should now be impossible for Axis and Allies to declare peace, but possible for some neutral powers(Russia, Mexico) to join and leave the war, and for some (America, Siam) only on the side they historically did. Anyone have any problems to report? Any positive comments? *Suggestions for extra, or fewer units for a nation?

I see downloads are up on sourceforge. Is there any feedback? If so, give it to me, positive or negative, I haven't had much time to play my own creations, and I'm having stability issues to boot. Anyone have smooth sailing with the Call to Power mod activated? And if so what are your specs?

Scenario is up on the modhub, a single mod including both map versions. Downloads are now over 2400! Keep it up everyone.

Hi! I'm quite enjoying playing through this scenario, but I've hit a bit of a brick wall in regards to the following:
Reloaded both versions of WW2 maps with diplomacy fixes. It should now be impossible for Axis and Allies to declare peace, but possible for some neutral powers(Russia, Mexico) to join and leave the war, and for some (America, Siam) only on the side they historically did. Anyone have any problems to report? Any positive comments? *Suggestions for extra, or fewer units for a nation?
I'm playing as Germany and one of my allies managed to make peace with one of the allies around about turn 7. I've occupied the rest of my time conquering Russia, Iran and quite a few city states, but now it comes time to take on the allies again, I can't, presumably due to this limitation on war declaration. So we are stuck in perpetual peace. :(

Hi! I'm quite enjoying playing through this scenario, but I've hit a bit of a brick wall in regards to the following:I'm playing as Germany and one of my allies managed to make peace with one of the allies around about turn 7. I've occupied the rest of my time conquering Russia, Iran and quite a few city states, but now it comes time to take on the allies again, I can't, presumably due to this limitation on war declaration. So we are stuck in perpetual peace. :(

I had the same problem. I was compelled to make peace. It's a pity !
Otherwise, it's an amazing scenario, congratulations.

I really enjoyed the scenario. But it's a pity that, whatever the side you choose, your ally will always accept peace from any other civilization just as soon as an enemy capitol is conquered (happened three times).

Oh and... could you please change the Italian town "Toronto" (thought it was Canadian) into its true equivalent "Taranto"?
It was an honor seeing my hometown represented, but... it had to be done correctly. :(

Was this problem with the beta 4 version? I thought I had fixed that already. Your allies may make peace, but it shouldn't force you to anymore.

Top Bottom