The Hall of Players

Yesterday I rolled a HOF map which I hadn't done in years. Let Mapfinder loose just while cooking and eating, so maybe for an hour. Came back, checked and got this beauty:
Spoiler Capital :
Civ4ScreenShot0060.JPG

Even better, I had events on and got assigned the Chariot quest. With Egypt :crazyeye: :egypt:

So, while I usually do the opposite of HOF play. i.e. roll for the ugliest starts and try to make the most out of them, once in a while playing these power starts feels really good.

That's a fair point, but I had my mind set on a Cultural Victory early on. Also went for max opponents, so conquest would have taken longer than necessary.
Still used a horde of War Chariots to claim everything I needed though. I just gave them a very culture-specific shopping list (religions, juicy GP farm, cathedral ressources, etc.)

I definately plan on playing some competetive games for Quattromaster. LOL, I need to play the ordinary game levels like Settler for that :D .
Sent you a PM a little while back, but looks like you haven't logged on for a month. I hope you pop back in here for some games. Would be great to have you back on the Civ4 train :)

I' m in need of freshening up My knowledge, just why wasn' t it possible to found Corporations when having the GP + the Resource? :crazyeye:

Era Future so I do have the Techs.

Last edited:
You're running State Property, as can be seen from your watermill tile yield. That deactivates corps until you switch civics

I took @Pangaea 's advice in the GM-144 thread and played a Quattromaster Time Victory to remember my Civilization IV Knowledge. I set up my out-of-favour map with "Deity, Duel, Brennus vs. Gandhi, Future Era, Great Plains" as I rank seriously low with The Celts, On Great Plains and in Rock of Ages.

Here are some screens of the game, You can see yourself how I played that map.

Moderator Action: Snip - if you have concerns over an issue please contact @lymond or @Noble Zarkon directly rather than posting on the forum, thanks --NZ

Spoiler :

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice game. You all play so darn quickly too. 8 hours for 150 turns. No idea how you do it :D I get way too hung up on checking all cities every turn, and thinking about worker moves. Oh, and just going through screens to check this that and the other.

Accepted. Wow...Time game on Mara...that'd take me several years to complete.

Accepted. Wow...Time game on Mara...that'd take me several years to complete.

Thx @lymond .

Can anybody remember me if games on Tiny Maps count for EQM before I play the next game please?

Kind regards, Seraiel.

Didn't it have to be Ancient starts too?

Hmm, or maybe that was Quattromaster, not Elite? It's so confusing.

Didn't it have to be Ancient starts too?

Hmm, or maybe that was Quattromaster, not Elite? It's so confusing.

It's Ancient starts for all Awards, except the Rock of Ages award, which is expressly for era:

Rock of Ages

And, yep, Tiny maps count. Only Duel maps are forbidden.

I got outsmarted, I played a Duel Map for EQM :help: :gripe: :rotfl: .

But thx for the EQM-Tab in the Hall of Fame, I think that Tab wasn' t always there.

I btw. have an answer for @kovacsflo . I' ll probably only play for EQM and (S) GOTM in CIV4 and then move ontowards Civilization V, because Quattromaster isn' t displayed seperately.

Last edited:
Just WOW! :assimilate: !!!

I just submitted another Game for Elite-Quattromaster in which Peter launched a Spaceship having only 1 Engine AND I STOPPED THE SPACESHIP :spank: !

If I only would have payed higher attention towards getting a map with a larger amount of Cereal-Resources, the Round would be worth a Writeup.

I' ll post some screens for those interested, at least this game counts for Elite-Quattromaster.

Screens following,

All the best:

Seraiel.

Top Bottom