The Hall of Players

I' m just playing a Quattromasters Huge Marathon Raging Barbs Espionage Victory with Me and Huayna Capac.

Very amusing.

Seraiel.

Espionage IS Part Of Quattromasters!

That's what confused me - Espionage is not part of Quatrromasters and the Incans are not valid for Elite QM .......

Probably aware of this, but this is a good tab for EQM. There are actually some vacant spots. I'm not terribly tempted by for example Deity Huge Quick, but maybe somebody are ;)

I like when a second corn pops out from the fog -- even if none of them are wet :)
Spoiler :
Ramesses OCC start.jpg

Not terribly fast, I see a 1050AD OCC Diplo win, and there are probably faster too (especially on lower difficulties). Am still reasonably pleased with 1430AD though. Particularly because it was such a close call on several AIs just a few turns before the vote.

Hammurabi went Free Religion something like 2 turns before the vote, and thereby swung into my column. Couldn't do it myself because I'd lose several others if losing religious bonus. So many wars everywhere and worst enemy statuses, which made the diplo tricky. But as I already had -4 with Kublai (iirc that it was him), I took the chance to gift Asoka a pile of techs. The hope was to get +1 for sharing technologies. That didn't work. But I did get +1 for being a small civilization, presumably because he got catapulted to the top of the scoreboard. Phew! Mansa was iffy too, and he foolishly went FR a turn before I could gift him Economics, which precluded buying him into that for 5 turns.

However, in the end it did work out well :)
(Had built some spies to deal with the Hammi/Asoka situation, but thankfully it wasn't required)
Spoiler :
Ramesses OCC-T203 Diplo win.jpg

Ramesses OCC-T202 Votes.jpg

Some of these OCC games have been nice, and I've been able to fill out a few more slots of the still very empty EQM table. It's nowhere near competitive with 'proper' games, but they sure are a lot faster.

Why such a large empire for Culture @Anysense?
Because the bulk of that culture comes from Sushi and artists fed by Sushi. You know how large your empire has to be to get Sushi to 57:food: and 225:culture:.
Can you improve your old redord by building less Praets?
May be. Optimizing the coquest is certainly one of the ways to improve. It also seems that using the Oracle to get Currency sooner along with some quick failgold is more beneficial than saving it for Biology. Particularly when AI is useless as it was in this game and you have to selftech everything.

Have a good evening!

But @Anysense, traditional Culture with like 10-12 city empires is much faster than Sushi.

Kind regards, Philip Christopher Plöger.

Have a good evening!

But @Anysense, traditional Culture with like 10-12 city empires is much faster than Sushi.

Kind regards, Philip Christopher Plöger.

According to HoF table there are no faster games than this one exept a few games played on Settler and that is a different world.

Edit: I would not be surprised if 1000 BC Sushi with subsequent 300-200 BC Culture proved to be possible on Settler. But this is mere speculation based on the facts that research is much cheaper and one can get a lot of stuff from huts. I don't really know. Perhaps, since you turned to playing on Settler you can tell me what date is possible for Sushi on this difficulty level.

Last edited:
Top Bottom