The Land of the Tsars - A Story of the Russians

Nice update!!

Hey, there was two last time :p Rest assure i have been reading this even if I can't think of a snappy comment to post :)

I meant to do this sooner, but here you go:

Chapter 10: War of Two Russias

West Russia was a pain in Russia's side. Isolating itself from the New Holy Roman City States, the Italic Kingdoms, and even Russia itself. The capital was changed from Wilna to Riga is attempt to capture trade boats coming to Sweden and Russia. Knights from Kiev held the position of border guard, because Russia didn't want anything to do with West Russia either. Tsar Ivan VII decided to end West Russia's existence, so he declared war. The Kievan border guards pushed in as the cannons rolled across the countryside. The knights reached the city of Wilna first, so they slaughtered the longbow defenders and went on their merry way. Newly trained knights from Lvov killed fleeing West Russian knights that were heading toward Riga. The Lvovian knights quickly captured the catapult-defended capital, Riga. West Russia had fallen. The 'War of Two Russias' had lasted only five years (AKA one full turn (1500-1505).

In the west, Dutch warriors went all-out on the New French. New France was based in Frankfurt, which was not far from Amsterdam, the Dutch capital. Seeing the Holy Romans had left their cities only slightly defended, the Dutch headed toward the New Holy Roman City States, the largest city-state being Berlin. Berlin fell to the Dutch, and thus ended the second stage of the 'Baltic Wars'. (The first stage being the holy war between Vikings and the Holy Romans)

Wilna being captured by Kievan border guards - cannons can be seen in the south, and you can see the fleeing knights and Riga in the north.

Thanks for the comments - I have found time fore stories on weekends, so expect the next update to be Sunday (and Them of the Mediterranean to be Saturday)!

Honestly, TWO comments? Seriously, people.

@Terrance888: Yes, independents - they annoy me.

Chapter 11: Battle of Brünn

After Berlin fell to the Dutch, Brünn became the prominent city-state. Guarded by masses of longbowmen from the top of the hill, Brünn was an industrial village due to the mines of copper under the city streets. Tsar Ivan VIII, the new Tsar, saw this as a prime target in taking down the New Holy Roman City States, which the Dutch already tried to do with Berlin. After many, many years of training, the two thousand (2) musketmen, the thousand (1) cannons, and countless, countless (forgot how many) knights were ready to invade the north. One thousand (1) macemen hid in the southern bushes in hope of a surprise attack. The first sign of aggression emitted from the Russian cannons, and the siege of Brünn begun. After a decade of destroying Brünn's sloppily put together walls, the elderly Tsar Ivan VIII ordered an attack. The cannons moved in and caused collateral damage to all of the city's defenses. Next, thousands and thousands of knights moved in. over a thousand were killed, wounded or captured. Finally, only two thousand spearmen guarded the metropolis. The southern macemen moved in and killed half of these spearmen, and the other half was killed by knights. Brünn finally fell to the Russians. However, Ivan VIII's work was not finished, as there were longbowmen hiding in the mountains. Along with his thousand highly trained knights, Ivan VIII took one thousand other knights. Ivan VIII's knights moved in first, and the longbowmen were not surprised. Though his knights weakened the bowmen, they were mauled. Along with them was Ivan VIII. The rest of the knights were enraged, and they slaughtered the longbowmen with great force, vowing revenge on anyone who once dared to call themselves holy.

Chapter 12: Battle of Zadar

Once Brünn fell to the Russians, the New Holy Roman City States fell. The only dominant Holy Roman Empire fragment left was the Italic Kingdoms, which France was trying desperately to seize. The new Russian Tsar, Ivan IX, liked the French, so he decided to help them in the war. The knights that survived the Battle of Brünn continued south to the Italian city of Zadar. Zadar was wedged between the Aegean Sea and the Ottoman Empire, acting as a trading post between the east and west. In order to weaken Italy, Zadar must be conquered. Ivan IX led a group of about six hundred knights into battle first, and the outnumbered, outmatched knights won against the Italian longbows. Next, a small group of about three hundred marched into battle, and they were all killed, wounded or captured. One thousand knights poured down on Zadar, and the city fell. Russian knights, musketmen, and macemen had to heal before going any further.

Nice.
And about the amount of comments : for some reason most people here only comment on one or two threads, and read the rest but do not comment.
Solid turkey first in score? Err, nice for them.

Note about Turkey: I think I passed them in score a bit later in the game (just a few turns)

You should update your RFC after you finish this story!

Have you got any other mods working?

Nope. I have tried, and all attempts have failed.

What folder do you save them in?

Uh - my computer directs them to somewhere automatically, then I try to extract the folder into Local Disk (C:)>Program Files>2K Games>Firaxis Games>Wherever mod goes... is there an alternative route?

That seems to be right... You do extract the mod from the .Rar or .Zip right? If so what program do you use?

I use 7Zip (might be 7zip - but does name really matter?) I've tried with RFCE and DoC.

Top Bottom