The Loudest Stadium in America

Arminius

Jeff Vader
I'm interested to see what people think is the loudest stadium in the USA. I, of course, believe it to be Death Valley (AKA Tiger Stadium) in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Tiger fans caused an earthquake. ;)

Are we just talking outdoor stadiums? Because Duke's Cameron gets pretty loud...

Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City can get pretty loud aswell, its atleast the loudest in the NFL.

But even I admit, the soccer/futbol stadiums take the cake on noise factor :p

I've heard that the stadium the Mineesota Twins play in (forgot the name) was really loud until they started selling hankies.

Tomoyo said:
I've heard that the stadium the Mineesota Twins play in (forgot the name) was really loud until they started selling hankies.
Yes, the Metrodome - home of the Twins & Vikings - is one of the loudest in all of professional American sports. The stadium is by no means one of the largest - so head to head, it's unreasonable to say we have the loudest fans - but the echo off the Dome cover makes it literally one of the loudest - no doubt. It must be the design, or the fans deserve some credit afterall, because other domes don't get the attention the Metrodome receives.

Oh, and uh - the "Homer Hankies" have nothing to do with it - at least not negatively. It was the '87 World Series that made the Dome famous, and the hankies probably added to it - cause once they started wavin' everyone would rise and cheer loud, thus producing the deafening echo. I used to know the decibal it reached...

There is no debate, as Vancouver's GM Place was voted loudest crowd and most difficult arena for a visiting team to play in.

Big O in Montréal for an Expos' game... nah, just kidding. It might be the quietest of the baseball stadiums. (Although the Air Circulation Machines can get pretty loud...)

Top Bottom