The "OMG! Look what happened in DoC!" Thread

We always wondered why the Roman AI builds roads to nowhere in Eurasia. And now, playing another game as Rome, I found myself doing the same thing. And when I asked myself why am I doing this? The answer is very simple. Because I can. I literally built a Roman road "from Lisbon to Vladivostok" (с). I even had to declare war on Korea to build a road along the route.
And as for the opinion that Rome builds roads to nowhere. Perhaps Rome just can't manage to complete its plan before it collapses.
UPD. And this road made some impact on game. Since it was build on neutral territory - Tamils used it to move their forces and capture barbarian Donetsk and Stavropol. Late i saw how Russia settle a lot of cites along this road.
UPD2. I completely forgot, I meant to write it right away in this post...)))
These roads don't lead to nowhere. As we know: All Roads Lead to Rome

And some fun moment from this game. Hunnic horses in America

hunnic in America.png

Last edited:
Stuckhome Syndrome.

Spoiler Pax Roman World :

Actually on marathon speed can be done by many civs
pax roman.png

Spoiler Stability of coz :

State party, centralism, CP, Nationalism, Egalitarianism, Clergy (+4 Religions unity max in digital era)
stable.png

Spoiler The barbarians are not sleeping. Keeping up with the times :
super barbs.png

Spoiler XXXII Legion Proditorum :
legio.png

P.S. And a save, if anyone need it

Attachments

• Julius Caesar AD-1921-July Turn 1227.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Through the collapsing stability, barely managed to construct and sustain the oversized PLC with Prussia vassalized, until Russian Empire broke away a few turns after this screenshot was made. An AI Poland would nearly always collapse by mid XVII or early XVIII century already due to the computer being a big dum dum at solving the religious disunity, besides the destabilization being scripted to happen to Poland by this time
Civ4BeyondSword 2024-03-17 09-36-58-172.jpg

A very rare game (actually i first time see this) were Arabia survive from start to Global Era (and they tech leader). And even more interesting, first time since 1.7.x i saw how Britain lost their colonies coz instability (so America was born from independent cites)

View attachment 687777
Is the Emirate of Rome actually Italy civilization? It's hard for me to imagine that AI Rome could survive until this point

Top Bottom