The People's Republic - A Communist Succession Game

Way to go, M_G!! Lot's of slice and dice; must have been fun planning and executing.

Question??

I notice that we have a warning disk for Global Warming. When did this start?? Is that related to the Battalion of Eng'rs working above Greenland. If not, what is the plan for their activity??

I will play tonight and this weekend. You have left me a feast!!

Monk

I notice that we have a warning disk for Global Warming. When did this start?? Is that related to the Battalion of Eng'rs working above Greenland. If not, what is the plan for their activity??

I would hazard to guess that the engineers near Greenland are there to build a railway over the arctic. The warning disk is nothing to worry about; as long as you clean up pollution reasonably quickly, you can maintain a large disk indefinately.

We are near the end of this game and I have a thought. We could create a scenario of this game from a save part way through (my recomendation is to start at the year 1768) and play another civ trying to stop the Chinese, without government or trade restrictions.

Question??

Monk

I don't know if it started with me but it's just caused by pollution. I tried to clean them all up but perhaps this turn there is somewhere a polluted tile. I did not clean any tile this last turn. You can check how much tiles with f9 (score screen).

Hope you enjoy the last part of this sucession game. We finally fight the ai.....so the game will be completly different from now on.

As to the remark of Pr. Garfield. It's a good idea to try it that way. It will be difficult to win that one if we are the English, Aztecs or Babylonians. I think Romans, Germans and Indian will be a little easier but still very tough to win.

I would hazard to guess that the engineers near Greenland are there to build a railway over the arctic. The warning disk is nothing to worry about; as long as you clean up pollution reasonably quickly, you can maintain a large disk indefinately.

We are near the end of this game and I have a thought. We could create a scenario of this game from a save part way through (my recommendation is to start at the year 1768) and play another civ trying to stop the Chinese, without government or trade restrictions.

Aw, the old "over the Arctic RR trick". :D Thanks.

I assume you know how to create this scen?? Cause I haven't a clue. But count me in; sounds fun.

@ M_G
Yes, I know the disk is from "Skulls". I just can't find them and wondered if you had already cleared them.

Monk

@Bloody monk, yes I was konigsburg (to the left of the 'kong' islands) - The citizens were vigilant to espionage as I remember.

I think limiting the turns at this point is a good idea, It would be a shame if any of us missed out on the fun at this point.

The pollution indicator was on during my last set of turns, I had a few squares to clean up during it. It shouldn't be a problem at deity (from memory).

@Bloody monk, yes I was konigsburg (to the left of the 'kong' islands) - The citizens were vigilant to espionage as I remember.

That was the city I stole theology from.

I think limiting the turns at this point is a good idea, It would be a shame if any of us missed out on the fun at this point.

This is a good idea!! Everyone should have the pleasure that follows the good work we have all put towards getting us to Magic's last save.

I got delayed by illness --and some extreme micro-management ;) -- or I would have suggested this sooner. I think everyone would enjoy playing the last save to a win. I am on the fourth turn and will have established the long hoped for One World Communist Paradise during the fifth turn. I made a major strategic mistake so I think finishing by turn 4 should be possible.

I will wait a week to post a log and final save to allow everyone time to play out their own finish.

We should get a badge for our effort. How is that done??

Monk

I played out the conquest myself, today. Before you posted, I thought the logistics of the situation would require more than 5 turns to sort out and get units to all the places they were needed.

When you posted that you finished in the fifth turn, I looked over the map and devised a strategy that had me finish in 1869.

I don't know if I can play those turns this week. Trying to finish GOTM 98 this week and things are busy with real life for playing a lot. Next thursday or friday I might have more time finishing it.

If you would like a chance to play before we spoil things with our "actions", I have no problem waiting to post the final .sav.

Monk

I'm going to finish in 1871, I messed up a few things, forgot to cancel alliance (babs) and underestimated the english. I'm at the end of 1870 with 6 cities left to capture.

edit:

How did you take calixtahuaca (near the bottom - continent 40) by 1869? paratroopers?

How did you take calixtahuaca (near the bottom - continent 40) by 1869? paratroopers?

Paratroopers and cruise missiles made in Germany.

I played very conservatively which added to the number of turns. The main thing was thinking I needed to keep the Babs as Allies, rather than fighting multi-fronts. But the general perception, based on previous commentary, was that it would take more than ten turns, or at least multiple 5 turn sets. That I would be passing the game on to the next player seemed a given; so I wanted to treat the Civ as a "going concern", rather than stripping things down radically by selling off unnecessary Improvements that we had accumulated over the course of the game. I also followed a more leisurely, gentlemanly strategy that avoided lots of city bribing while emphasizing unit engagement to take AI cities.

Log

0-1867 Sell off Granaries (80 X 40) = 320g plus 80g less Maintenance. Research set to Stealth. Indians can't resist the
opportunity and Sneak Attack...their ship dies in the process. English Sneak Attack at Brighton.

1-1868 Take the Island city, Tlacopan (78g); Tlaxcala (175g). Take Kolhapur (186g) & kill some Indian ships. Take the Island city, Munich (290g). Needing cash, the Romans are asked for some spare change but they rudely declare War!! Take Virconium (66g), Antium (97g), Rome (56g), Lutetia (39g), Neopolis (89g), Lugdonium (25g). Take London (154g). Stealth --> Environment.

2-1869 Teotihucan (560g + Adam Smith); Bangalore (134g). Mass Tran in English Silk.

3-1870 Tenochtitlan (362g), Tlatelolco (505g). Cologne (267g); Pisae (188g), Brundisium (36g)...Rome is no more!! Rush a Stealth Fighter in Venice to empty Richmond for Barbs. Build some MassT's to forgo dealing with Skulls.

4-1871 Take Xochicalco (172g). Take Nuremberg (312g), Heidelberg (263g)...Germany is no more!!
Bring 2 loaded Transports to England...take York (137g), Nottingham (113g), Newcastle (23g), Hastings (89g), Coventry
(18g + Eiffel Tower), Liverpool (41g), Canterbury (53g). Only Richmond is left. Sacrifice Stealth Fighter to prep Richmond
for Barbs.
Bring 4 Transports to India...Take Bombay (348g + UN) (took Bombay first to get the UN so the Indians couldn't force Peace on us), Lahore (85g), Madras (325g), Delhi (237g), Callicut (145g)... India is no more!!
Barbs take Richmond...England is no more!!

5-1872 Calixtlahuaca (233g)...Axtecs are no more!!
Cancel Alliance with Babs. Bribe Nineveh (720g), Take Texcoco (229g), Ur (164g), Babylon (451g), Ashur (141g). Babylon the Great is Fallen!!

I never noticed before that eliminating an AI Civ has the pleasant result that none of their cities you just took are in Disorder. Still learning new bits after all these years!!

This was a fun game. Thanks for including me!!

Monk

Attachments

• MAb_A1872.SAV
    160.9 KB · Views: 167
Top Bottom