The questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, Emory Upton already wrote about that at length in this country and scored a massive own goal.

There is no such major as Pre-Law. For a future law student however, I would recommend, Liberal Arts, Political Science, or English.

I'm pretty sure Pre-Law majors exist at some schools.

From what I've heard many law schools actually prefer students with math, science, and engineering degrees. They want people who have shown they are willing to work long hours. The best major for a future law student may depend heavily on the type of law he plans to practice. From what I've heard there is currently the most demand in the field of patent law, which could also help explain the preference for lawyers from engineering backgrounds.

How is popping zits/pimples unhealthy?

In addition to risking scars, it can cause bruising and allow foreign bacteria to enter the skin and cause a worse infection. I think it can also allow the pus to spread to nearby skin and cause more pimples there if you don't clean the area very carefully.

Acne treatments can also lead to more scarring and make acne return worse, as they tend to dry out the skin. The skin may then compensate by secreting more sebum, which is what the acne bacteria infect.

I'm pretty sure Pre-Law majors exist at some schools.

From what I've heard many law schools actually prefer students with math, science, and engineering degrees. They want people who have shown they are willing to work long hours. The best major for a future law student may depend heavily on the type of law he plans to practice. From what I've heard there is currently the most demand in the field of patent law, which could also help explain the preference for lawyers from engineering backgrounds.

Not what I heard. Law Schools prefer majors such as Political Science and English because they prepare the student in essay-writing, researching, and giving effective and convincing speeches. These are the skills Lawyers need the most. Also, I believe Law Schools require you to take a wide array of classes, in all Law Fields. You usually do not specify your specific Law Practice until your last year in School or until you find employment.

It actually doesn't make much of a difference what your major is. Its the LSAT score that matters most.

Does anyone know where I can find the complete budget of a university? Any university?

Google "university of x operating budget" and something should pop up...

(I'm pretty sure public universities are required to disclose a budget. I found results for the University of Texas, University of Maryland, University of Florida, University of Kentucky and University of Virginia without too much trouble.)

Is there any practical way to suppress a gag reflex? Everytime I brush my teeth (I brush my tongue too, which is prob. what really sets it off) my gag reflex kicks in and I come sooo close to puking inside my mouth. Obviously this is unpleasant.

IANAD. It sounds like you had a bit of an adrenaline rush during the speech and you crashed after. My only suggestion is to make sure you don't drink coffee on an empty stomach, perhaps exercise more to burn off extra energy, and try to find similarities in when you feel tense or hyper. If you can't find a pattern and don't think it's related to diet or health, see a doctor.

I wish I could find a pattern. Somedays I am the most confident guy on earth, others it is just awkard to walk, like I'm mis-stepping or out of sinc.

Are you a teen? It almost sounds like emotional crashes, which could be the result of hormones. Sorry man, can't help you.

Is there anything that suppresses the eye and nose irritation from chopping a strong onion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom