The Riddle Game

Not necessarily k3.
If the houses are on the left of the street as you look down, then they will be numbered thus:
1 3 5 7 9.
But if they are on the right of the street then they will be as follows:
10 8 6 4 2.

This means that for the clue "the Norwegian lives in the first house", then for the first set, the first house will be the furthest left, but for the second then it will be the furthest right. On the other hand, the clue going something like "the green house is further left than the white house"means that for the first set, the green house will have a lower number and the white house a higher number, and for the second the green house a higher number and the white a lower. Since this will effectively reverse the order as far as these clues are concerned, then the order will be different.
Now this may be nitpicking if you assume that the houses are cottages in a single row numbered 1 2 3 4 5, but it does make the question more interesting. :)

Certainly a valid point. I just took it from the perspective of left to right, with left being the first. I'm not going to redo it the other way, so I will remain comfortable in my belief that the German has the fish tank.

The four voices are four bells and the smallest bell is producing the highest voice.

Am i right? I'll wait and see

i just got back to my comp after 2 weeks.. bad times my life.
but anyway, sixchan, i would like to know the answer to your riddle...

its three days later.... i would still like to know... ;)

Sixchan's wooden house riddle:
Who said viola?
Surely it's a violin?
I just noticed the Einstein riddle as well - I'd sat down and worked it out with pen and paper before (a year or so ago) , but it took ages - I wouldn't have sat down and done it again!

Top Bottom