The Rise of Brazil

You did wonderfully! I just really wanted to end it like this :p

I was talking to adhiraj because he regretted retiring.

It should hit 30,000 by the end of the week. :p

You're dragging this out on purpose aren't you?

No I literally have almost no time. I have two choices. Do my homework, or do my story and do the homework on the bus and before class.

No I literally have almost no time. I have two choices. Do my homework, or do my story and do the homework on the bus and before class.

:lol: Or you could take the third option, which I do. Be too lazy to do either on time and only rush to finish your homework at 6 a.m. in the morning before it's due. :p

That is actually what I usually do :p

Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll was found dead in her house early this morning. It had been only a month since the release of her latest album, which sold a record number of copies in weeks. When asked when she would stop producing music, she replied with "when Brazil releases Colombia". It seems she will never get the satisfaction of seeing that happen in her lifetime. At a still very young age of 40, the death was not of natural means. She was reported to have been killed of some asphyxiation. Marks were found around her neck, and its believed someone may have choked her to death. Her family members had all been in Curacao, visiting the father's relatives, while she handled business from her house in Bogota. The sudden passing of the beloved artist came as a shock to many, and the suspicion of foul play has caused many anger-filled messages to be sent, many different people are believed to have been the cause of the death, from Brazilian nationalists to the government itself. Nothing has been made clear yet as the investigation, being held out by a private investigator hired by the family, is still in full swing.

Shakira was a model figure in the world of politics in the years leading up to and after the change of millenium. Her calls for anti-imperialism and decolonization rocked the world to its very core, especially Brazil. The cause for many free Colombia protests, she wanted nationalism to drive freedom for all. Her vast number of politically charged songs brought light to situations in South America, and Brazil's unfamiliarity with global power. Her first hit, "Whenever, Wherever", brought global fame to her. Her subsequent hits increased recognition and her general power. She was described in Time magazine as being the most powerful non-politician in the world, affecting foreign policy by using song to sway the public. All around the world, especially in Brazil, but specifically Colombia, a mass mourning is to be held, where she will be laid to rest among the other elites of Colombia, including Simon Bolivar himself.

Her last reported words were describing Brazil's current war on Britain. She quoted that "I cannot see how such a great nation from such humble upbringings can be capable of such evil. I hope Pedro ends this war soon and retracts all his military from the area, let's hope.". When asked for their thoughts on the singer's death, the FIA denied answering any questions. So far nothing has been said by them, which raises suspicion of foul play. Hours after her being found, President Pedro II spoke on the issue, saying, "It isn't every day you get someone like Shakira. Whether you liked her material or not, you cannot go without talking about her influence. We have not seen eye-to-eye since her first appearance in public, but I have come to respect her. It is a loss that we much endure and live through. I send my sincerest condolences to the family, and to the world." For one weeks starting tomorrow, all background music played in news or other forms of live informational material will be instrumental forms of her music. Her loss will be felt, and she will not be forgotten.​

Am I immune to drugs?

Sooooo..... how bout them updates?

This is totally not an attempt to push this story to third most replies in the S&T forum. :shifty:

Yeah I know :p also, it is now the 40th most popular story! :D But I'm going to get them out soon. They are very long an require a lot of effort.

Caught In a Web: 2017-2018

Author's suggestion: Listen to this
“Holy hell… Hey William! Come and look at this!”

“What is it? I’m working right now. We need to have this evaluation in by tomorrow.”

“I don’t give a rat’s ass about the bloody evaluation now come and look at this!” Scott got up walked over to the telly where William was standing, he looked at William in shock.

“Is this a movie or something?? You better not be pulling one over on me!” Scott’s yelling drew the attention of the whole office, everyone stopped what they were doing and went over to the telly in the break room.

“What’s happeni-“ the woman was curtly cut off.

“Shh! William turn it up.” He pressed volume up to the point where the whole floor could hear it, the news broadcaster spoke calmly but at the same time nervously.

“If you’re just tuning in to BBC One, then you are in for a shock. Britain, more specifically Ireland, has just fallen victim to a nuclear attack by Brazilian forces. There were two explosions which occurred only minutes ago, it appears some military installments survived, but that’s about it. Here are images of the current scene as they sit.” The male newscaster showed images of a flat nothingness. The blackened, charred remains of what was Dublin. In the back a woman could be heard crying, no one paid any attention to her though.

“The Ministry of War has not answered any questions on what is the worst attack on Britain in its entire history. A motive is not yet clear, but it appears to be an aggressive attempt at ending the Cold War, and bringing about a World War. America has sided with its Brazilian neighbor and the nation has promised to put as much energy as possible into the expulsion of British Canada. Sources say fighting there is at a minimal. Wait, we just got reports that, yep, there are no recorded survivors in the city of millions in Dublin. Now, the Environmental Agency of the British Commonwealth has told us that the ecological damages are immense and that it will take years and trillions of dollars to fix it. Also, there about 30,000 British troops prepared to invade key points to stop the Brazilian onslaught as long as-.” The man stopped talking suddenly, and pressed in his ear piece you could faintly hear him say the words ‘oh my god’. “We have just received reports that Scotland is under attack. Just now there has been a nuclear detonation outside of the city of Edinburgh, here is a live broadcast of it.” The mushroom cloud plumed ominously into the air as the anchorman just shook his head in disbelief. “I’m sorry to say it, but it seems that Edinburgh, is gone. The nuclear explosion has rocked the whole of Scotland and it has already been estimated that eight million people were killed just in these past few moments. If you live in the cities of London, Liverpool, or any other areas of importance, you have been advised to evacuate immediately. Martial law has been put in effect over the Isles, and you will be directed on where to go. We will stay where we are as we are in a relatively safe location. Expect constant updates from us. I need to check off to speak to my family; I will be replaced by my co-newscaster for the moment. This is Melvin Hodges, signing off. May God be looking on us with light in these times.”
Spoiler :

The room was eerily silent, neither a whisper nor a breath could be heard in the entire structure. Chief Comrade Superior Robert Griffiths sat on his chair, staring down at his underlings. They stared back, no one knew what to say, and no one wanted to tell Griffiths that he had begun to spill some of his tea. His secretary came in with a kettle and knelt before his master and spoke, “Superior, may I offer you some more tea.”
“I don’t want any more damn tea!” Griffiths shouted as he shattered his tea cup onto the ground. “I want solutions! I want answers to the damn Brazilians!” His glasses too had fallen off his face, but he didn’t bother to put them on. He breathed violently as everyone stared back at him, finally someone broke the silence.

“Comrade Superior, they have not yet had the chance to storm Ireland. Their forces are nowhere to be seen. This does not appear to be an invasion; I don’t know what it is exactly. We should still have nuclear submarines located in Indian ports, if we can move them into range of Brazil’s coast, we can decimate their lands.” He waited for a response, Griffiths was rubbing his chin and responded promptly.

“That sounds like a good idea. I want all nuclear weapons readied for use and the submarines prepared for movement across the oceans, Comrade Nicho-“ In the middle of his sentence, Griffiths was cut off by the entrance of a panting man holding papers. His tie was undone and his suit stained from running. His talking was choppy and hard to understand from his heavy breathing.

“Get yourself together man! What is it that is so urgent??”

He composed himself and grabbed one of the Council member’s glasses of waters. Finally he was ready to speak. “I have dire news from across the Irish Sea. Let me read it aloud to you, this is the message straight from the defending commander of Dublin itself. ‘The Brazilians are coming. The end seems to be near for our city. It doesn’t look good. We have held them off as well as we could, but they knew what they were going to do. We fight in the most radioactive areas of the world, and they are wearing some sort of anti-rad suit while fighting. I warn you, do not underestimate them. I pray for Britain, may you beat back Pedro and his forces, and survive this terrible war. General McCarthy out.’ Dublin fell only minutes ago, I’m sorry Comrade Superior.” The man stood at the end of the table. Griffiths steepled his fingers and dismissed the runner.
“What do you propose we do?” One of the Council members hesitantly asked.
“I don’t know.”
Spoiler :

The loss of Ireland was a huge blow to British confidence in its government. The worker’s commonwealth was now pondering the possibility that it was not safe under its communist regime. The government was running out of options to bring the public under their control. Answerless questions were being raised about the defense of Britain. Operation Blazing Bulldog was underway and it was going along fabulously, for the Brazilians anyhow. The government needed something, quick. They needed a victory somewhere. And they would find it in Germany. They had been fighting small skirmishes all over Europe after taking Normandy and the Netherlands, but they now mounted a full invasion on the city of Hamburg. The might of the British easily swarmed over the small defenses of the city. Griffiths played this up, calling it “the bulldog spirit rising up again” and saying how scared the Brazilians should be, but for the first time in Communist history, the leader could not have had less power over his people.
Spoiler :

While Britain was experiencing a mass exodus in all of its cities, life in Brazil was incredible. Whereas before nuclear weapons were hated, through a number of commercials, speeches, and government funded parades, the people had accepted their existence and some even cheered on as the cities of Britain were turned to ash. The scientists in Brazil were hard at work preparing for their greatest ever achievement, they would be the first nation in the Southern Hemisphere to send a man onto the moon, and one of the few to do it altogether. The engineers worked hard building the rockets, and after almost a decade of work and tests, the first Brazilian on the moon uttered the famous words, “On Earth I am a man, here I am a God. Long live Brazil!” Cheering and celebration rang through the nation as everyone took to the streets waving their flags in excitement. Brazil was now part of the small elite, but that wasn’t the end…
Spoiler :

“God damn it’s cold!”

“No dip Sherlock, it’s Antarctica. Now quite your ing and bring that stuff over here.” Lucas muttered under his breath and dragged out some bags from the plane they had come on. They had been flying for god knows how many hours but they had finally made it to the small research station they were heading to. He lugged the bags and upon entering the shack, threw them on the ground where he proceeded to shiver violently, despite his extremely thick coat, goggles, and mask.
“Better get your crap together, we’re leaving in about ten minutes,” Miguel kicked Lucas’ bag of stuff over to him, “eat, and then let’s go.”

“Oh hell no. I’m not going back out there. It’s so damn cold I could feel my blood turning into one giant ice cube.” Lucas’ defiance did not bode well with his superior.

“You will get your stuff. You will pack up. And you will join me. Or you will be shipped back to Brazil before you can even think. Do you hear me?!” Lucas gave a slight nod and took out some food and ate. After the fifteen minutes elapsed, they both put on their backpacks and their heavy gear and proceeded farther into the hellishly cold land. They trekked for what seemed like forever, and Lucas felt like he was going to lose his nose, but they eventually made it. There it sat, a massive metal building, which probably had central heating Lucas hoped. As they walked through security Miguel noted to Lucas not to piss off the guards because being out in the cold for more than 20 minutes makes people very, irrational, causing Lucas to only stare at his shoes the whole way through security. As the two of them walked towards the thick metal doors, they slowly opened up, giving the look of a nuclear bunker of very high security vault used to store stashes of gold or aliens or whatever, Lucas thought.

They entered the facility and found themselves in a room similar to that of a pressurization chamber in a ship, the room slowly began to warm up and voice over the intercom told them to take off certain parts of their clothing, such as their several layers of coats. They placed them on carts and then the other side of the room opened up and revealed the most massive thing imaginable. Both of their jaws simultaneously dropped as they finally saw the scale of the project they would be working on. In front of them sat the largest rocket they had ever seen, and probably one of the biggest if not the biggest in the world. It sat in front of them in a massive pit. They stood behind a large glass wall and stood on a metal floor, but they could still look down, and they could barely see the bottom. To their left elevators shot down to bring people to the bottom, as they were on the level of the very top of the craft. Lucas noticed a poster depicting the size of the ship that went to the moon, and the rocket in front of them. The rocket that went to the moon, which was about the size of a medium-sized skyscraper, was only an eight the size of this beast.

“Hello boys, I’m Dr. Enos, and I’m the assistant director of operations in this facility.” He stuck out a hand to Miguel and he readily took it.

“I’m Miguel Fernando, Head Engineer for the Brazilian Aerospace and Aeronautics Agency, pleasure to meet you. This is one of my leading engineers, Lucas Jacinto.” Lucas raised his hand in greetings to the man.

“Great to meet both of you. Well let me tell you both a bit about what’s been going on here. I assume you have heard little about this because it’s under very tight wraps, but I know you both have heard of the moon landing?” They both nodded their heads. “Well that was just to show that we are capable of sending people into space. This is the real prize right here. For nearly five years we have been working on this beauty, we were able to get this done using state-of-the-art technology like nanobots and simple androids for the less intricate work. Obviously they still don’t have the same touch as people do, but they are getting close. Now, we have hit a bit of a problem. There was a slight miscalculation and it appears that the engines will not be powerful enough to keep this baby in the air on its way into space. That’s where you come in. I need you two, along with the rest of my design engineers, to figure out a way to fix this. Can you two do it?

“Yes sir. We can most certainly do it.” Miguel answered promptly. The man nodded and they both shuffled off to do their work, admiring the beauty that the rocket is. Brazil knew they wouldn’t be the first onto a new solar system, but they would be damned if they wouldn’t be there at all.
Spoiler :

Come on people! Only 12 more comments and we are the third most commented thread in the story forums! We can do it!!

Awesome update! Down with the Proletariat!

Top Bottom