The silliest thing you've done recently

Talking about early days. For some good time I thought that AI liking of you due to religion is directly related to how many (proportional to all number) cities has that religion. So I would purposely spread it and get false positive feedback as relation did improve with time :hammer2:

I was failgolding stonehenge super late while waiting to get mids. Stonehenge was 1 turn from completion when I was still 1 turn from masonry, but I caught myself in time and stopped working the good copper tile so stonehenge was back to 2 turns away, max failgold.
Buuuut I had a city already settled on stone.... so surprise stonehenge completion :wallbash:
The truly great part was I actually did need some monuments that game..... but I still wasted worker turns trying to chop them :hammer2:

In my current game, Sury demanded the Gold resource from me early on. I gave in, knowing I had a second Gold to fall back on. 10 turns later, I canceled it. Subsequently, someone else demanded Gold, I gave in again. Forgot to cancel that one until well after the 10-turn minimum, but oh well.

The game proceeds further. Sury and I have a lot of similar land, so we have similar resources - except I had Gold and he didn't. By around 500 AD, he had something like ~10 :gold:/turn available in trade, but my trade screen only showed one Gold. I must have traded the other one for someone's resource, I thought. Too bad, that :gold: would come in handy.

Fast forward many more turns and Sury has so much :gold:/turn that I decide to find my other Gold trade, cancel it, and trade something else to whoever that trade was with. Except I can't find that other Gold trade, anywhere.

Because I had never hooked up the second Gold. I connected the first one for the :), had other priorities ahead of connecting the second one, and forgot. For 4500 years. 4500 years of unnecessary :mad: and foregone trade income... :aargh:

I was in the late game, spreading corps around and wanted to check how I was doing, so I pressed shift+F7 to bring up the corp screen or so I thought! Apparently I hit shift+F8 instead, so I quick-loaded some completely unrelated game in the BCs. The closest auto save was from four turns back (of course) and I really don't like going back like that and I almost abandoned the game, but after a little cooling down, I bit the bullet and went back. It never feels quite the same, though...

I was in the late game, spreading corps around and wanted to check how I was doing, so I pressed shift+F7 to bring up the corp screen or so I thought! Apparently I hit shift+F8 instead, so I quick-loaded some completely unrelated game in the BCs. The closest auto save was from four turns back (of course) and I really don't like going back like that and I almost abandoned the game, but after a little cooling down, I bit the bullet and went back. It never feels quite the same, though...
You can set autosave interval to 1 in config

What - you want me to start modding??? (It's ok, I found the setting :))
Changing the config isn’t modding. But changing the number and frequency of auto saves should have been an option in the UI.

I recently agreed to go to war with a distant civ to keep a nearer friendly civ happy, assuming I wouldn't actually have to get into any combat, but then noticed there was some random warrior unit that had been wandering around for 4000 years on the opposite side of my territory. After losing an archer unit against it with very high combat odds (in my favour) I ended up trying to corner the unit with two or three archers/axemen. After a bit of cat and mouse I suddenly noticed I'd got in a position where he was next to a city that I had left unprotected, and none of my units could get to the warrior OR the city in one turn's movement. Bye bye city.

I think that's the only time I've ever lost a city to a warrior unit in 15 years or so of playing.

Top Bottom