The silliest thing you've done recently

"What am I going to do with this Great Person?" *hit skip turn*
"Hmm, still don't know" *skip turn*

50 turns later...

"Gawds, this dude is annoying me. I guess I'll settle him." :cringe:

I'm failing as Gandhi 4th time in a row :p! Me and India is just not a good combo.. This is getting rediculous. 1st time I got glacier start (check S&T), 2nd time barbs invaded half of my empire, 3rd time my HA rush on Giggles failed, now I got boxed in badly and am waiting for capitulaters...

I'm failing as Gandhi 4th time in a row :p! Me and India is just not a good combo.. This is getting rediculous. 1st time I got glacier start (check S&T), 2nd time barbs invaded half of my empire, 3rd time my HA rush on Giggles failed, now I got boxed in badly and am waiting for capitulaters...
I'm sure we'll get you there with next Noble's Club ;)

I just made a huge blunder.

I decided to put both Roosevelt and Washington in my game to see what would happen if there were two leaders from the same civ in the game (that's right, I've never tried it before - I normally just use "random" opponents, and it never overlaps civs when you do that). It put them in the game as blue (the original color) and yellow (Egypt's color).

As the game progresses, Mongolia settles aggressively right next to my border, so I declare war and go off to fight them.

I raze the border city and then march through the jungles to go (eventually) take the next closest city. In the meantime, there is a bunch of empty land where his city used to be, and the blue Americans send a party up to settle it before I can get to it.

Right after I take Mongolia's next city, I notice a huge stack of blue Americans moving towards their new city. I'm thinking "great, they are going to declare war and attack me." So I start moving units to my closest border city to get ready for the invasion.

Sure enough, a few turns later Roosevelt declares war on me. I keep sending units to that one border city, but he never attacks. The guys are just sitting in their city...

A few turns later, all of a sudden on my OTHER border, which isn't defended at all, the YELLOW Americans cross the line and attack me. WHAT?

Oh, that's right. Roosevelt is YELLOW - NOT BLUE! :eek:

So I got caught completely off guard thinking that Roosevelt was his normal blue color and I had actually been preparing to fight Washington the whole time, completely oblivious to the guy who actually declared war on me that was coming right at me! :crazyeye:

I just saved the game and shut it off at that point. I wasn't prepared for this at all, so I'm going to think about it and approach it later.

Well. I don't know if this is appropriate place to post but here goes...

Being a long time civ player (free civ, pirates, civ3, civ4 vanilla, civ4 bts), I decided to move to Civ5 a few months ago. For first game, I picked the Chinese and decided to go for space victory. I choose the easiest difficultly and marathon speed :lol:. Ow, stupid me! For the first few turns I try to learn the game, build something and founded new cities. The interface looked neat and the units looked decent. After a while, I noticed I got nothing to do and then clicked next turn a lot. After a while, my eyes got too heavy and fall asleep. When I woke up I was so surprised. It never happened to me before let alone civ games. I guess I got traumatized for that matter and went back to civ4! :lol: Sorry Civ5 guys, I am not cut to play that game

For the first few turns I try to learn the game, build something and founded new cities. The interface looked neat and the units looked decent. After a while, I noticed I got nothing to do and then clicked next turn a lot. After a while, my eyes got too heavy and fall asleep. When I woke up I was so surprised.

They out to put this quote right on the Civ V box. :D

Well, it is also my fault that it is in marathon speed. :)

I feel something is really missing. I cannot explain what.

Too bad, the social policies are kinda sexy btw!

I'll throw one out there; settling a second city as a commerce city and trying to develop a large cottage economy in an always war game. Didn't end too well, I needed hammers asap.

My last game i had problems misclicking. First I sent a group of airships over to an AI on the other continent (I had OB with) to scout my next victim as I moved my army "over there." And at one point, I clicked on the "gift" button rather than the "recon" button. And there's no pop-up asking "do you really want to do that."

Then twice I managed to move a stack away from a city when I was trying to select an individual unit in the stack.

Stupid UI. :mad:

I have a confession to make.

Recently I made a terrible mistake of building a forge in a single-tile-island city.

I know I know, I will be stoned to death by all civfanatics here. I said to myself, "dud what's 25% :hammers: gonna do when your base :hammers: is just 1? Worse, you just polluted your city!"

Rewinding to a few turns back... tsk tsk

Recently I made a terrible mistake of building a forge in a single-tile-island city.

I know I know, I will be stoned to death by all civfanatics here. I said to myself, "dud what's 25% :hammers: gonna do when your base :hammers: is just 1? Worse, you just polluted your city!"

Tbh if it's got at least one seafood it's not so bad. The production bonus also applies to the whip after all.

Yep pandamancer, don't forget that :food: also equates to production.

A 1 tile island city with a bit of food has decent production with whips, and each whip is multiplied by 25% with a forge. That's a comfortable amount of extra hammers ;)

When I was doing my multiplay training last weekend I noticed that Justinian's score was "666" :lol:! That bad guy.. I thought he was spiritual.. in quite different way. That's where I got the inspiration to my current avatar system :).

I declared war on Pericles who had 3 cities left on a small island and thought my 6, yes 6 vassals could take care of it.

Hand in my old (broken) computer at the recycling center and leaving my Civ IV disk in.

Top Bottom