The Song of the Moon

ok finished first draft of the civics.

next in line are the promotions tree, which i wont change much compared to the original , that will be done later.

after that - uu, sdk stuff and release?
Sounds good :D
I'm still fixing python errors, had to change the schemas back, and I get a CtD on startup :(

the original SotM had a breakaway from Earth event. this converged the tech tree to that point. the idea was not fully developed, but since as far I know a convergence tech tree was unique to SotM. I was wondering if you planned on keeping it?

one mundane note - the new SotM should have the Moonmap available without doing any sort of custom game. many of the errors reported in the forum had to do with players inadvertantly playing the SotM mod on a terran map

since you have already disabled water there has to be some way to prevent any water-based map from loading

will there still be lunar regions that cannot be reached, they just will not be labeled "water" (maria)?

hi, and welcome,

first ill refer to the map,

well, for now im using archipelago and continents maps, the difference, is that water is now land,
a land that cannot be settled.
i kept the original names, yes.
for now i still have no solution for the ai to move settlers acrros the land sea terrain, i dont know why that is, but im working on a possible solution using an sdk component. if it wont work, for start, ill have to have the game as vanilla civs, meaning ill add a transport unit for moving settlers over land sea, thats not something i wish. if it was already been figured out, i would have released the alpha version.

for now i have left with only unique units, a few more wonders, projects, figure out how do i use religions, corporations for now is out.

oh and - do you guys think i should insert a nuclear bomb?

as for the events, well, the orig sotm, had a lot of python work, sadly i have no knowledge to update the 1.61 civ4 to bts 3.19 python, so i had to remove everything there, hoping people who likes what ive made, who has the knowledge, will help develop it more (just like what ive made with dune wars - i started and others now continue, someone has to take the first initiative :) ).

ive set up in the ini the mod to be playable only with the maps i left in the public folder, so i dont see a problem there.
besides that - custom game is a;ways better since it shows much more options to choose from.

im gonna add some cool mod comps like many of the lopez stuff to make a more unique play.

kel.

edit: holly molly!!!!!!!!! i forgot this mod has a project thread!!! i now have to go deep on it!
edit2: nice! i "mined" some more files from the projects thread, like game fonts, and ideas -religions will be ideologies as it was intended to be.

Oh, I can do the breakaway event in event XML and python, should be relatively easy :)

I'm having the Primary Control Theme error on startup because I renamed the folder, think that's what causes the CtD >.<

lemonjelly,

if you rnamed - go to the micartinfo.xml - on the button theres a path,
and in the resource folder - look for cvi4theme - theres a path there as well.

:)

i have been working on the sdk on the last two days,
i hadnt had much luck, i get the ai to build cities, but only when i use a water terrained map, there i can get the settler to cross water (no transport use).

i havent seen unit movements, not sure why, its very annoying, maybe because of the unit ai for water that i removed.

ive decided for now i will concentrate on finishing the mod, what i have left, and then finish the movement part in some way.

ive got some nice new stuff from the project thread of sotm, so i got more work.

tomorrow ill do a lot of stuff.

updates:

1. added 7 ideologies:
temple=office
cathedral=branch
monastery=headquarters
shrine=post

2. added in 7 unique units so far.

today im gonna finish the uu's.

i have tested the all terrain units, and i will do this:
i will use a water terrain map - since the ai uses the settler ok, he crosses water.
as for the units - i will add 2-3 transport units - so they can omve rollers and infantry units across water,
battle drones and floaters will be units with all terrain,
the battle drones will have unit ai of a land, and the floaters will have that of water, i hope this will create balance for the ai use of units.
by late stages of the game, most units will be able to move on all terrain.

i cant use a whole land map, the ai wont work well with it.

also- i have updated the moon map, i will use it in a later stage.

i think i will be able to release some time this week.

yeah!

hi poeple!

great news, im very close to finish the alp[ha version, i finished many things today - the units are 97% ready, with unique units.

i got to add a few more buildings, adjust game play stuff like speeds, add a few lopez mods.

get some music, and bang ill release.

heres a picture of a few new units, check out the big ones on the right, they are transport platform, i spent a lot of time on those, they are great i thing!

i hope your ready for a treat , song of the moon 2 is about to lift off!

edit: ive tested the ai use of my unit set - and it works well, plenty of cities - all sorts of units on the map, wars, much fun.
although - theres great great lack of funds, i guess ive made things way to expansive, thats good, cause tomorrow ill insert the decaying helium system, and im gonna base most of the money outcome from that resource, using civics and buildings.

Attachments

• SONGUNITS.JPG
    SONGUNITS.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 608
Hey, that sounds really great!

So, I had another idea for a name for the great artist. How about Publicist?

Oh, and to answer your question (finally) a magnate is a really influential businessperson.

Philosopher would also work out really well for the ideologies, I feel.

hey tssha,

humm, not bad, publicist instead of a p-r agent?

for merchant i went with your suggestion - entrepreneur, i liked it, do you think magnate is better?

philosopher for idiology...yeah i saw they suggested it in the sotm project forum,
i used philosoppher instead of a prophit, so for now, for missionaries - i used name of idiologie "conveyer" = i dunno it popped to my head and it sounded nice.

i might finish all the work today! if everything goes well.

for merchant i went with your suggestion - entrepreneur, i liked it, do you think magnate is better?
Nah, I don't especially think Magnate is better, but you asked what it meant. Entrepreneur is fine too. ;)

I'm not sure what's better than conveyor, but you could always go with advocate like Final Frontier. Or Ideologue for someone who's a die-hard adherent to an ideology. I just don't know if conveyor works. Sure, someone can convey information, but that's not exactly the same as convincing someone to adopt an ideology.

advocate, yeah its nice,
but i wanna have something more original,

we could just use - X ideologist, or maybe - X speaker, X scholar , X convincer or use convener :)

well - i leave the choice to you then.

well, i got 5 of the lopez mods inside, they give some very cool options to play with, i will insert them now with the game, units and buildings with multi bonus req, unit attack and defense combat, buildings that convert bonuses, helium decay, bonus tech modifier.

after these are through, im doing the barbarians as aliens, ive decided to do so, cause i dont think the game is fun without barbs, and aliens could be a cool substitute. i will make them have all sorts of alien units - not like the regular ones.

and finally gonna add some buildings inside.

i think ill release on Friday.

the original SotM placed a lot of importance on the Wonders race. if someone could get their production really going and grabbed most of the early Wonders it very decisive. (by "early" I mean Wonders which occur before the "breakaway event")

if you decide to keep the original Wonders, perhaps there needs to be more early Wonders so one player cannot get them all. this could also be accomplished by delaying the breakaway event in the tech tree

regarding nuclear bombs, presumably any civ advanced enough to colonize the moon would have them, but like vanilla civ their use only makes sense at all in terms of gameplay in the very late game. in fact as far as I know there is no Uranium yet identified on the Moon, so that could be a reason just to no to Nukes for this mod

the original mod AI was unable to figure out a way to increase the size of its cities very much. whatever compensates for the radiation, lack of water, and other unfriendly terrain features needs to be known to both the human player and the AI (to get a balanced game)

regarding nuclear bombs, presumably any civ advanced enough to colonize the moon would have them, but like vanilla civ their use only makes sense at all in terms of gameplay in the very late game. in fact as far as I know there is no Uranium yet identified on the Moon, so that could be a reason just to no to Nukes for this mod
Hydrogen bombs. Could easily tie-in with a fusion/He³ theme. ;)

Cheers, LT.

I think Speaker might work best of those. Democratic speaker, Anarchic speaker...yeah, could work.

Scholar might work, but it leaves out the part where it's this guy's job to convince you that his ideology will fix your problems. Or at least make your life nicer.

If I had to make a choice, I'd go with speaker, but this isn't my mod. It's yours. ;)

I might use the speaker indeed.
thanks.

joelwest,
well i kept everything the old version had, which is really not a lot of buildings, im gonna add a few more to each era. for the first release, theres not gonna be too much, if any "special game play stuff, since first i want people get some impressions, help balance the game and come up with offers, also theres a limit to what i can do with xml.

hydrogen bombs could be nice,
for now i wont add h-bombs, but i will next version, or patch.
dunno why though :).

ive implemented the multi bonus per unit successfully, it probably not well balanced, but i think its fine.

also decaying he3.

im now in the process of adding the alien units for the barbarians, after that, im going on to finish the buildings, add city art, add radiation feature , add some musics i hope and finally make a headline for the opening.

today and tomorrow i think ill finish it all..

Friday is the release.

EDIT:

ok finished up the barbs with 18 alien units.

ive began adding wonders and buildings, theres a lot of shortage there , i need some more wonder names, i dunno made up stuff, i cant think of any now.

cant wait to finish the work in a day or too :)

Top Bottom