The Song of the Moon

I don't like the actual terraforming the moon to be honest.
I'm not sure about the idea...

OK, just an idea - got anything instead of terra former? in the original - they had a great ai...

screen = 2 or ii - whatever you can think of is fine.

ok buddy ill get you a link before ill fo to sleep tonight so youll have the latest.

OK, just an idea - got anything instead of terra former? in the original - they had a great ai...

screen = 2 or ii - whatever you can think of is fine.

ok buddy ill get you a link before ill fo to sleep tonight so youll have the latest.

Oh, one thing, we may need water terrain, all maps have at least some water...
I'll look into it when I have the files though :)

Oh, the Upgradeable Buildings modcomp could be useful ;)
Can you attach the source files to the download as well?
I doupt I'll need/use them, but its nice to have :)

why will we need water?

oh yes! i wanted the upgradable buildings as well, it creates a better flow chart of the buildings.

off course, i was going to pas the whole deal.

it will be up in an hour, im in the middle of the tech tree in adjusting the buildings.

why will we need water?

oh yes! i wanted the upgradable buildings as well, it creates a better flow chart of the buildings.

off course, i was going to pas the whole deal.

it will be up in an hour, im in the middle of the tech tree in adjusting the buildings.

I'm not sure whether we will, I'll have to try it out :)
Good, thanks :D

I may try to merge some DLL stuff, I'm not a complete merging n00b :)
Oh, and I'll do something with culture, thinking about making the levels higher, so maybe 50 culture until you can get your first border pop?

Oh, and I may try some events out, because they're easier than python for some things >.<

I may try to merge some DLL stuff, I'm not a complete merging n00b
Oh, and I'll do something with culture, thinking about making the levels higher, so maybe 50 culture until you can get your first border pop?

Well, if you wanna merge, then plz dont forget to tag all your changes.
about the culture, i think you should wait - i see that you like the idea of culture and city size, so ill merge it in, i have it ready and easy to merge - then you will be able to set the size of culture - also - it will require me to change the culture output from the buildings ive just maid - so i rather finish up those before.

event! that is something that we just dont have! this is the one xml thing im clueless - so if you can do some work there it will be great.

im uploading the version now, ir will be in your pm soon, ill makes some notes for you.

city planner = engineer
resercher = scientist
terraformer = new
philosopher = prophet
commander = great general/military instructor
p-r agent = artist
infiltrator = spy
dr. of economy = merchant

changes are welcomed.
A couple things, ideas, possibilities, notes.

First, you misspelled researcher. You missed an a. Maybe it's just a typo in your post but I figured I'd point it out in case it was misspelled in the XML.

Second, I think better names for merchant would be something like "economist" or "magnate" or "entrepreneur". Surely economic innovation will be a big part of colonization of the moon, given the entirely novel environment and unique challenges it presents to human survival.

Third, I like the names researcher and infiltrator a lot. PR agent sounds good, I'd suggest spin doctor but I don't think it's better. I'd lose the hyphen though, just capitalize the acronym, it'll look better.

Fourth, I have no idea what to rename the terraformer. And besides, wouldn't giving the Moon an atmosphere interfere with the generation of Helium-3? I doubt you meant to go that far into actual terra-forming...still, if Helium-3 ever goes obsolete...though I doubt it will, it fuels the stars itself so as far as efficient power sources go...I can't think of anything better. Still, if it's more economically valuable to give the moon an atmosphere it'd actually make sense. Still, it's the moon, and I've always had "grey moon" sympathies myself. Red mars sympathies too, though it's not my official political position. :lol:

I can't comment on whether adding strategic resources to the game via great person would be a good idea or not. I can say I'd try it out and give it a fair shake.

Glad to see it's coming along so well. Your pace seems incredible to me, and I have just as much free time as you do. I can't get nearly as much done with it though. It's truly remarkable work.

Anyway, I'll poke my head back in here if I have some feedback.

hi tssah,

ok long productive feedback, me likey.

1. spelling - thats a small problem of mine - i probably miss spelled stuff in the mod - it will be fixed by feedback.

2. great name ideas - i like entrepreneur v much, what does - magnate means?

3. we could do a doc.

4. terra former, well i was just looking to enrich the soil a bit...guess its not a good idea for the moon, you make good points any ideas of another great man - as i wrote - the original song of the moon had a "resident ai" and "great ai" referring to some kind of an ai personality.

5. ok, no added resource - but although if i implement the unit cap i suggested, it might be useful if theres a new way to get resources.

yeah...i work at a sickening way....i put around 7 hours each day i can write a manual of "how to make a total conversion in 7 days".
thanks for you appreciation, its nice to know people notice.

i was looking at civ 5's pics, i keep telling my self keep doing this mod! civ5 is not a contradiction! to civ4! i wont get obsolete :)

ok, all buildings are set with full attributes.
i need to add around 10 world wonders and a few more buildings, since some techs are empty,
and theres barley any wonders.

i need ideas for projects also.

next phase are the civics.

EXCITING NEWS!

So, I received the new version!
And made some rather drastic changes!

1] All schemas now make use of the order="many" function.
This means that you don't need to add tags you don't use, AND, order of the tags no longer matters! (Unless its something that needs order, like yields.​

2] A radiation counter has been added!
The DLL is building as we speak.​

3] Moving dust clouds have been added!

^_^
none of these have been tested, but, they should all work! :)

TO-DO!
1] Add Radiation Defense to units, and finish the Radiation system.

2] Merge the CvAlerts mod, not sure whether it's included with BUG.

3] Merge the AI Autoplay mod, won't effect gameplay, just for easier testing. (Does BUG include this?)

4] Add events! Thinking about a colonist event, just adding population and a little notice about it? And, I need more, basic events! :)

5] More python stuff!

EHY MAN!
EXITING INDEED - MY MY YOUVE BEEN BUSY!

oops caps lock,

ok look -

2. bug has them - no need.

3. its in - no need - ctrl +shift + x - i always se it for testing.

1. sweet!

2. sweeter! i cant wait to see how it works!

3. awesomeness

1. leave the radiation to units to me, ill you should concentrate on the rest.

wow awesome,
i finished the work on the entire building set, removed old units and more polishing.
worked 7 hours at least today,

you wanna send me you recent changes? ill merge them in ,

im using drop box - if you open up an acount - we could have a folder there that will be always updated with our latest work - im using this very efficiently with the b5 team.

i hit a snag - for some reason, i think something with the buildings, the ai halted its founding of cities - it wont found new cities for some reaon, i think its something with food, or health, can you help?

EHY MAN!
EXITING INDEED - MY MY YOUVE BEEN BUSY!
I haven't really, its just loads of copy/paste really :p

oops caps lock,

ok look -

2. bug has them - no need.

3. its in - no need - ctrl +shift + x - i always se it for testing.
Good :)

1. sweet!

2. sweeter! i cant wait to see how it works!

3. awesomeness
At the moment, I'm trying to get the DLL to build, because I don't have half of the stuff I need, so, yeah xD
But, all the XML and curent python should 100% work :)

1. leave the radiation to units to me, ill you should concentrate on the rest.
I'll add in the tags on units and promotions, you can add them to units :)
Remember, when you get my changes, if a promotion or unit doesn't have Radiation Defense, you don't need the tags! :)

wow awesome,
i finished the work on the entire building set, removed old units and more polishing.
worked 7 hours at least today,

you wanna send me you recent changes? ill merge them in ,

im using drop box - if you open up an acount - we could have a folder there that will be always updated with our latest work - im using this very efficiently with the b5 team.
Hm, yeah, I'll sign up :)

i hit a snag - for some reason, i think something with the buildings, the ai halted its founding of cities - it wont found new cities for some reaon, i think its something with food, or health, can you help?
Gah, I'm no good with the DLL side of the AI, but, if you WB them a settler, do they use it?

hey ,

fropbox - let me know your set - ill share the folder with you.

the tags - i guess you used min occurrences from the modular, i forgot about that.

with what dll code are you using the radiation stuff? did you write ti?

cities - well - after every change i save the version so i have a version that the ai builds, but the main differences between my current and the old - is the buildings, so i have to find the problem, i neglected to test, i shouldn't have done this - i have to test 200 autoplay turns after any major change.

p.s.

how do you like the arts?

hey ,

fropbox - let me know your set - ill share the folder with you.

the tags - i guess you used min occurrences from the modular, i forgot about that.

with what dll code are you using the radiation stuff? did you write ti?
What do you need to connect to me on DropBox?
Email Address or something?

Well, order="none" includes min occurrences, and lets you not worry about the order :D
Well, yeah, but, it was a lot of copy and paste from Rise From Erebus.

cities - well - after every change i save the version so i have a version that the ai builds, but the main differences between my current and the old - is the buildings, so i have to find the problem, i neglected to test, i shouldn't have done this - i have to test 200 autoplay turns after any major change.

p.s.

how do you like the arts?
yeah, it's an odd problem :/

Oh, I haven't played yet :(
Still trying to get this DLL to work, its a pain, Microsoft aren't installing the SDK properly apparently, but shouldn't be long now :)

yeah i need the email to allow you access.

i could have helped with that, the xml thing, oh well.

no just wanted your opinion on the building arts..

bad news i think, my plan to have an all land will not work, although in the previous versions the ai built cities, the settler, although it can move to the sand sea plots - it wont - so the ai wont expand beyond is sea land border...
i think a dll is needed to make it work right.

new plan then,
we will have to do sea units as well, that cant walk on land - what will be the logic behind this? maybe we can say these are crawlers that can move on sea cause they can move only on total flat land? shall i make the floaters that units?

its confusing, what do you suggest?

anyway, tomorrow ill do the civics, set the appearance of the bonuses on the map, do the promotions,

and after that ill do the units according to what you suggest, then ill move onto unique units, and after that, i think version beta 1 will be ready.

yeah i need the email to allow you access.

i could have helped with that, the xml thing, oh well.
Spoiler :
get lost :p

I haven't actually got any XML, its all in python at the moment, well, I'll need to make some XML tags for the promotions :)

no just wanted your opinion on the building arts..
Once I get this compiled, I'll play a test game :)

bad news i think, my plan to have an all land will not work, although in the previous versions the ai built cities, the settler, although it can move to the sand sea plots - it wont - so the ai wont expand beyond is sea land border...
i think a dll is needed to make it work right.

new plan then,
we will have to do sea units as well, that cant walk on land - what will be the logic behind this? maybe we can say these are crawlers that can move on sea cause they can move only on total flat land? shall i make the floaters that units?

its confusing, what do you suggest?
That's a pain, there's no logical way to explain that really, but it'll make the mapscript problems easier :)
urm, I'm not 100%, but there's loads of fine dust on the Moon, merge the waterwalking tag from FFH, and give it to all units with tracks or something, saying units with wheels can't go on because the dust clogs the system up or something?

saying units with wheels can't go on because the dust clogs the system up or something?

thats a nice thought.

waterwalking tag from FFH
? interesting, where can i find this?
that can work i think. theres a tag that ive merged from dune wars -all terrain move, i need to test it.

your up on the drop box, ill delete the email form the post if i where you..

note that the version name is song of the moon2-13 - i did some tests on another version so i added the 13, ill change that later.
now you can just merge in whatever you do, and so will i, this will synchronize us.

thats a nice thought.

? interesting, where can i find this?
Urm, I don't know, I'll maybe search for it tomorrow :)

that can work i think. theres a tag that ive merged from dune wars -all terrain move, i need to test it.
But, won't that let them get on mountains and stuff as well?
Waterwalking is on water only ;)

your up on the drop box, ill delete the email form the post if i where you..

note that the version name is song of the moon2-13 - i did some tests on another version so i added the 13, ill change that later.
now you can just merge in whatever you do, and so will i, this will synchronize us.
Okay :)
Oh, I switched to the Improved MakeFile, for the drastic speed increases :)

One other thing, do we have the 'vanilla' civic screen?
Or the nice one with the bar at the top and where you scroll down?

But, won't that let them get on mountains and stuff as well?

thats what im testing - theres a new tag i inserted - paek move something - i wanna see if having allterrain - wont allow it on peaks.

speed increases
? what? in the compiling ??

yes, scrollong civics with the bar, im Thoreau :)

i tampered with the interface color...its weird now..im trying to get us a nice grey interface..but i dont know the number combination's, so im trying stuff...

EDIT: OK, this is interesting, we can use a map with "water" plots, and still be able to control terrain movements, we can set a unit to move allterrain, but by using the terrain passable tag we can limit its movement to only "coast", and peaks can be limited too with the new tag i wrote you about above.
this may be utilized in our favor, but we have the unit ai variation, do we use unitai's of ocean? i think so,
so we need to see how the ai manages this, also, we need to see if the settller will cross water terrain to settle.
since thers no transports on the moon, i wanna make the unit move across the terrain, or if moving to water, do we do need transports?

thats what im testing - theres a new tag i inserted - paek move something - i wanna see if having allterrain - wont allow it on peaks.

? what? in the compiling ??

yes, scrollong civics with the bar, im Thoreau :)
ah, that's cool :)
yeah, apparently up to a 400% speed increase :D

i tampered with the interface color...its weird now..im trying to get us a nice grey interface..but i dont know the number combination's, so im trying stuff...
urm, its in RGB format, so you need equal in the red, green and blue tags, then the other one is either transparency or brightness :)

EDIT: OK, this is interesting, we can use a map with "water" plots, and still be able to control terrain movements, we can set a unit to move allterrain, but by using the terrain passable tag we can limit its movement to only "coast", and peaks can be limited too with the new tag i wrote you about above.
this may be utilized in our favor, but we have the unit ai variation, do we use unitai's of ocean? i think so,
so we need to see how the ai manages this, also, we need to see if the settller will cross water terrain to settle.
since thers no transports on the moon, i wanna make the unit move across the terrain, or if moving to water, do we do need transports?
Yeah, that's cool :D
I'm not sure about Unit AI's, we'd need to experiment there, and, yeah, the settler should cross any terrain it can IIRC.
No, we shouldn't have transports IMHO :)

hey,

yesterday i did quite a lot of tests, im not sure but something is denying the ai to found cities normally, even on a map with water.
i have to go back in the version to find out why.

bummer....

check this out: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=378425
i wanna make the helium decay and re appear - cool huh
edit: ok, i think i figured it out, the ai wouldn't build cities because it couldn't build defense units - i limited them buy a bonus preqeq,
even so, im not so sure the ai does well on land terrain, we need more testes, the mod isnt balance and theres not enough money bonuses, so i cant see the correct behavior.

edit: ive fixed the founding part , but the ai wont cross the land terrain with a settler...so it seems we are going use water, ill postpone this to when the entire structure is ready.

EDIT2: for now, ill wait with the terrain problem, since i might merge in a code from dune wars that will allow all terrain settler, and something else for all terrain units, it might solve our problem, but ill leave that to when im finished with the uu's and everything else.

i worked on the era names and made order in the tech era's. also, ive arranged the bonus appearance on the map for all types, it not perfect off course, we will adjust it after getting some feedback on that. now ive began working on the civics to the best i can.

i gotta say, most of the mods work is over, now im left with the "easy stuff", except that i gotta find 15 unique units.

Top Bottom