The Ultimate Prize Fight...

Lord Bayushi

Chieftain
Your Mighty Warriors vs....
A Goblin.

Is it just on my system, or do the fight animations with goblin units last entirely too long? It seems that a fight with a goblin unit takes twice as long as any other animation, and it is one of the most common enemies to be encountered in the game. This is a very minor point, I know, but one that I find a little annoying. Please tell me if I am imagining this phenomenon or if it is real.

It's real. 5 goblins per group take a long time to defeat. Be thankful it isn't 10. :)

I believe the length of the combat animation is capped, so ten wouldn't actually make them noticeably longer. See shield walls in Fire.

Your Mighty Warriors vs....
A Goblin.

Is it just on my system, or do the fight animations with goblin units last entirely too long? It seems that a fight with a goblin unit takes twice as long as any other animation, and it is one of the most common enemies to be encountered in the game. This is a very minor point, I know, but one that I find a little annoying. Please tell me if I am imagining this phenomenon or if it is real.

Depends on the spec of your pc but one tip you might wanna try is turning off the combat zoom feature , I find that slows the hell out of combat on my pc unless i have graphics set to medium/low.

Goblins fighting Soldiers of Kilmorph take awhile.

That's the real reason of removing Shields Wall.

I like the long animations. I wish ALL units had 5, even ten guys in the formation It's the most life you ever see in Civ.

If it's a hassle just turn on quick combat for Defense in options.

You could go through the XML and set every unit to have 10 if you want. Or adapt one of the Formation Mods for FfH :)

that would be really really cool.
shouldnt be too hard with the BtS system

What I really want is a mod that changes Civ4 graphics to Civ1 graphics. None of these fancy 3d things! Give me rectangular tiles that dissolve when they're defeated!

Top Bottom