Thread to Report Issues with new xenForo version 2.2

Thanks @Quintillus . It seems that the forum for the links is different from the standard format.
I'll ask Thunderfall if he can open a ticket with Xenforo to see if they maybe have an easy fix for this type of format too.

EDIT: Tomorrow, and I hope to not forget this...

Did you forget?

Thanks. I have raised a ticket with Xenforo support about the old vBulletin link re-direct issue. Will post here when I have some updates.

Not sure if this is an issue but today when I landed on the forums site I noticed something strange. I'm using Brave browser and before logging into the forums I noticed that all of the subforms were collapsed with the exception of Civ 6. There also was no 'Other' forums displayed until I logged in. Then everything was displayed normally.

Are you aware there are two cookie consent things, with different options? When you first visit you get the unavoidable lightbox that gives the option of rejecting all:

Spoiler Cookie consent lightbox :

After you get through that you get a cookie consent bar at the bottom of the screen with only Agree and Learn More:

Spoiler Cookie consent bar :

I just had to dig into this, due to other issues, so just wanted to report back:
- the first box is for advertising cookies. You may reject all of them, or keep all of them, or anything in between, as you like
- the second box is to inform you about our own cookies, from civfanatics.com, the ones which you need to log in and make this site technically work. You cannot reject this, this is an information. You can decide to not click the "accept" link, but the cookies for logging in will be set anyways. This does not affect any advertising cookies.

Came across something i have never seen before, twice now i have gotten an "Invalid image request". Once in the main forum list and once in OT.

Hoping that this is the correct place.

When I enter the site to this page (on mobile, Chrome):
Screenshot_2022-11-24-19-37-31-572-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

and try to go to the forums by clicking on the top left button that reads "Home", the menu that comes up to let you navigate to the forums (and other areas of the site) only stays up for a second, give or take, before closing itself. Sometimes you have to guess where the correct option will be because you need to already moving your finger in the right direction as the menu opens or it will close before you get there. I could probably supply a video if needed.

Came across something i have never seen before, twice now i have gotten an "Invalid image request". Once in the main forum list and once in OT.

A link or screenshot would be handy.
It can be that an image was embedded, but that a user then deleted it.
Or maybe a broken ad, no clue.

How can my resource get approved? It was posted nearly 2 hrs ago.

Just done that.
Sorry, this is mainly an issue with staff availability :/.

Hoping that this is the correct place.

When I enter the site to this page (on mobile, Chrome):
View attachment 645949

and try to go to the forums by clicking on the top left button that reads "Home", the menu that comes up to let you navigate to the forums (and other areas of the site) only stays up for a second, give or take, before closing itself. Sometimes you have to guess where the correct option will be because you need to already moving your finger in the right direction as the menu opens or it will close before you get there. I could probably supply a video if needed.

I guess that's on mobile (well, okay, the name of the attachment gives it away...)? Which browser?
I've just tested this on my phone, with Chrome and Firefox, and I don't get this problem :/.

I guess that's on mobile (well, okay, the name of the attachment gives it away...)? Which browser?
I've just tested this on my phone, with Chrome and Firefox, and I don't get this problem :/.
It's on mobile using Chrome (I did mention it, but I guess you're quite busy :)). It's still happening, although it wasn't as bad this time trying to replicate it for the screen recorder - previously, it was every time I visited over the last week or so, and wouldn't stop. Now it's just the first time, which is typical, but still. Hopefully the attachment works.

Edit: Apparently I can't attach the recording.

I really should take some more time to read the details...

You might need to .zip the video file before uploading, it's probably too big.
I can't do that on my phone, so it'll have to wait until I get some time on my computer.

A link or screenshot would be handy.
It can be that an image was embedded, but that a user then deleted it.
Or maybe a broken ad, no clue.
random thread
invalidimage.png

Top Bottom