Thread to Report Issues with new xenForo version 2.2

No, it happens completely randomly. only happened 3 times so far, once on the forum list, once in the OT and once in the twitter thread.
edit: Just happened 2 more times in a row, again in the OT and on the forum list, refreshing clears it up.

Civ 3 Hall Of Fame: Under the new system, posted Civ 3 HOF games cannot be downloaded like they could before. When will this be fixed? :)

Please do :).
Ok so after a little experimentation, I think I figured out the problem; the site progressively loads and takes a while to do it. When a new item successfully loads, such as a banner, it cancels the menu if it's currently up. Since this event occurs several times and takes a while for all to finish, it can seem like the menu is just refusing to stay open - it's because it's being collapsed by a new item being completed on the phone. Really annoying, but not a bug per se, I suppose.

Thank you to ALL involved in fixing the "Download Files" issue at Civ 3 Hall Of Fame, especially Noble Zarkon. :goodjob: :goodjob:
We can now see how the top players played their games and I will notify the site Administrator that all is well at Civ 3 HOF. :)

Now that we're back up and running, please use this thread to report any issues you may find. Please describe what you were trying to do and where on the forum you were.

Please provide links, when appropriate, to where the issue occurred on the forum.

Thank you for your patience.
Hey there,

The "Go to Download" link is broken. URL: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/rhyes-and-fall-of-civilization-for-bts.6639/

Thanks,

1673735425099.png

Yes, and you managed it ;).

Moderator approval is mostly necessary for users who do not pass the 5 days and 5 posts limit. After that, most posts should directly appear. Otherwise we get a notification about this, and need to have a look at the post first. This normally should not take more than 24h, often considerably less.
So nothing to worry about :).

So today, 35 minutes before I started typing this post, I have been suddenly notified that I have received a lot of awards apparently related to posting all at once. This was while I was offline, so I wonder what triggered it.

So today, 35 minutes before I started typing this post, I have been suddenly notified that I have received a lot of awards apparently related to posting all at once. This was while I was offline, so I wonder what triggered it.
Same. I guess they were all just enabled at once.

Moi aussi. I see a had a smaller burst of these in 2016, getting my First Message trophy 6.5 years late - somebody owes me interest on the delay.

-Off topic, but that screen-covering ad I'm getting sometimes this week when I click a notification can die in a fire.

I made a new thread about the trophies. Waaay back when the first migration happened, one of the now-retired admins asked me to come up with trophy ideas. It took awhile, I made a few suggestions after the second migration, and none of these are those suggestions.

That's fine - I just appreciate that we have some new ones. Not everyone will have the same exact set, as some have to do with post count, and there's a nod to the mods/retired mods. I wonder if any are specifically Civ-related, as in uploading stuff? I wouldn't know, as I've never done that.

I'm not enjoying, it's just yet another annoyance that clutters the alerts section and mixes everything up even further.

Also, I'll leave it for the record that I object to the gamification. I can have my own fun, thanks.

Top Bottom