Tiny Earth Long Space Maps

Apparently blackhole art definition is broken - there is no such file as blackhole.nif!

Are you getting an error when you load the mod? I copied that bit of code from the older Black Hole feature. Maybe it's in one of the fpk files?

Could you help me figure out the red planet issue? I'd like to see if I can get the problem solved. Please check,
1) In the folder caveman2cosmos/Assets/Modules/Pepper2000/art/terrain/texture/,, are there the image files for terrains? Check for instance if uranusblend.dds and titan.dds are there.
2) Do the terrain art files point to the right dds files? Check the file caveman2cosmos/Assets/Modules/Pepper2000/Pepper2000_CIV4ArtDefines_Terrain.xml and check for instance if ART_DEF_TERRAIN_URANUS has Path Art/Terrain/Textures/uranusblend.dds (should be line 397)
3) Do the terrain objects point to the right art files? Check caveman2cosmos/Assets/Modules/Pepper2000/Pepper2000_CIV4TerrainInfos.xml and see of TERRAIN_URANUS has an ArtDefineTag of ART_DEF_TERRAIN_URANUS (should be line 277).

The problem is probably one of those three things. If not, then I'll have to think some more.

Thanks a lot.

Normal black holes are invisible, I guess its old bug.

1. folder is named "textures" not "texture", titan and uranusblend dds files are here.
2. Its here on 395th line: <Path>Art/Terrain/Textures/uranusblend.dds</Path>
3. this tag is here on 277th line: <ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_TERRAIN_URANUS</ArtDefineTag>

OK, it seems like at least the obvious ideas are ruled out. If I'm not mistaken, most of the planets are looking like Mars. Are they really the same textures? I have difficulty imagining why that would be.

OK, it seems like at least the obvious ideas are ruled out. If I'm not mistaken, most of the planets are looking like Mars. Are they really the same textures? I have difficulty imagining why that would be.
Well on minimap they look fine.
It seems they are Mars texxtures but with different detail textures....

I updated transtellar space due to stellar improvements.
Now there is extra 1/4/8 red dwarf/sun-like/red giant plots to represent differences in total energy output.
Here is map
And there is animal spawn info without longtitude/latitude limitations.
Spoiler :

Last edited:
I added a few map bonuses in the latest SVN update for space terrains. They are as follows.

- Organic Volatiles. On asteroid/KBO terrains or features.
- Extraterrestrial Microbes. Wherever in the solar system (other than Earth) there might be microbial life.
- Xenoflora. Native plant life in planets outside the Solar System.
- Xenofauna. Native animal life in planets outside the solar system.
- Martian Blueberries. On Mars.
- Metallic Asteroid. Metal-rich asteroid wherever in the solar system asteroids are found.
- Abandoned Civilization. In the galaxy, some long lost civilization.
- Abandoned Megastructure. The astroengineering ruins of some advanced civilization, outside the galaxy.
- Exotic Lifeforms. Things like space whales that are found near our beyond the edge of the observable universe.
- Quantonium Crystal. Not new but now it can be found outside the observable universe.
- Helium 3. Also not new but now can be found on gas giants or the Moon.

So far none of these bonuses have any uses other than decoration on the map, but I plan to introduce some uses for them over time.

I added a few map bonuses in the latest SVN update for space terrains. They are as follows.

- Organic Volatiles. On asteroid/KBO terrains or features.
- Extraterrestrial Microbes. Wherever in the solar system (other than Earth) there might be microbial life.
- Xenoflora. Native plant life in planets outside the Solar System.
- Xenofauna. Native animal life in planets outside the solar system.
- Martian Blueberries. On Mars.
- Metallic Asteroid. Metal-rich asteroid wherever in the solar system asteroids are found.
- Abandoned Civilization. In the galaxy, some long lost civilization.
- Abandoned Megastructure. The astroengineering ruins of some advanced civilization, outside the galaxy.
- Exotic Lifeforms. Things like space whales that are found near our beyond the edge of the observable universe.
- Quantonium Crystal. Not new but now it can be found outside the observable universe.
- Helium 3. Also not new but now can be found on gas giants or the Moon.

So far none of these bonuses have any uses other than decoration on the map, but I plan to introduce some uses for them over time.
I guess I have to make KBO/Asteroids terrain bigger for irganic volatiles and metals :p
As for exenofauna/flora there shoud be xenolife instead
And are martian blueberries placed by martian workers?

Wow... some badass stuff there Pepper!

Thanks. It was rather tricky to decide what would be interesting and useful resources that could be found away form earth, other than more mass and energy.

I guess I have to make KBO/Asteroids terrain bigger for irganic volatiles and metals :p

Not necessarily; it would be just fine to have a single plot asteroid with a bonus on it. But it's up to you.

Just curious, how do you distinguish between Xenoflora and -fauna?

As for exenofauna/flora there shoud be xenolife instead

Now that I think about it, we probably wouldn't have any form of animal life without also having plant life since animals needs plants to concentrate energy. At least that's how it is on Earth. I'll have to think about it because I want at least two types of ecosystems in the galaxy.

And are martian blueberries placed by martian workers?

No, they would appear on the map naturally.

Thanks. It was rather tricky to decide what would be interesting and useful resources that could be found away form earth, other than more mass and energy.
What about alien civilizations as resources? It would be something like goody hut or ancient relics.
These would represent less advanced civilizations, I'll list max advancement levels, that could be simulated with buildings requiring alien civ in city vicinity.
Transtellar space - it would be preindustrial civilization
Orion arm - it could be industrial up to planetary civilization
Milky way - civilization that colonized majority of solar system or even few nearby stars.
Local group - civilizations that colonized >1% of galaxy
Virgo Supercluster - galactic civilization
Observable Universe - equivalent of local group or partially supercluster civilization
Unoservable Universe - supercluster civilizations, possibly with civs that colonized >1% of their observable universe bubble.

Not necessarily; it would be just fine to have a single plot asteroid with a bonus on it. But it's up to you.
Well sedna colony requires to be plced on asteroid tile to work otherwise you can't make captured asteroid units.

Now that I think about it, we probably wouldn't have any form of animal life without also having plant life since animals needs plants to concentrate energy. At least that's how it is on Earth. I'll have to think about it because I want at least two types of ecosystems in the galaxy.
Carbon life and non-carbon life I guess.
Single/multicellular
Nonsentient/sentient (up to pre sedimentary lifestyle civilization)

No, they would appear on the map naturally.
Umm plants doesn't grow on Mars? Unless some aliens had too much fun I guess

He's not talking about plants. I know what he's referring to. As do the martian rovers. Curious to see where he's going with what he's going to claim they actually ARE, as that is a matter of some very interesting speculation, at least I've always thought so. The moment I saw them I thought we likely had proof of life on another planet finally but they've vehemently denied that, favoring a more geological conclusion that still doesn't, imo, cut the mustard all that well.

How, as a resource, were you planning on making these of societal use Pepper?

How, as a resource, were you planning on making these of societal use Pepper?

Yes, the "blueberries" are not necessarily biological. They are metal-rich spherules that look like blueberries in false color images. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martian_spherules

For now I plan on using them as generic metal deposits, which will either accelerate or be necessarily for the construction of certain factories on Mars. They might also boost the Martian Geology Lab and, if I develop it, the Martian Astrobiology Lab.

Yes, the "blueberries" are not necessarily biological. They are metal-rich spherules that look like blueberries in false color images. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martian_spherules

For now I plan on using them as generic metal deposits, which will either accelerate or be necessarily for the construction of certain factories on Mars. They might also boost the Martian Geology Lab and, if I develop it, the Martian Astrobiology Lab.
Cool :) Going pretty much with scientific mainstream but tying in the potential that there well could be a biological core process afoot here as well. I like it a lot!

If I am wrong, I apologize in advance. My interface keeps disappearing, so I researched it. One of the common reasons I was told for my interface disappearing is a glitchy scenario and this is the only scenario I play. I run SVN 9709. If I am wrong, please tell which place to post this.
Edit: I would have uploaded a screenshot but my screenshot is acting funny. It takes a screenshot of what is behind the application.

Last edited:
If I am wrong, I apologize in advance. My interface keeps disappearing, so I researched it. One of the common reasons I was told for my interface disappearing is a glitchy scenario and this is the only scenario I play. I run SVN 9709. If I am wrong, please tell which place to post this.
Edit: I would have uploaded a screenshot but my screenshot is acting funny. It takes a screenshot of what is behind the application.
Is your mod folder named "Caveman2cosmos" ?

Yes

Top Bottom