To The Great Beyond - Space Empires!

To: Carvania

It has come to our attention that tensions are building in the colony of Oriad and may turn for the worst if not resolve. Our great minds the all wise ancestors has given us a vision not only resolve but bring great benefits to both our civilization. Our engineers have come up designs for a Habitat that float above Oriad. We would first have to build a space station but when that done we can go ahead with completing the project. If we combine our resources we can solve the overcrowd crisis on Oraid. What do you say to our proposal our feather neighbors?

Obituary – Yefsal Jirren Caran, President of Holovy

The fifteen term president of Holovy passed away last night of cardiac cascade, she is survived by three foals, ten grandfoals, twenty seven great-grandfoals and 92 great-great-grandfoals.

Although a bright foal she had never shown much interest in politics until she joined the University of Holovy and became involved with the student protests against increased defence spending. At 24 cycles she became her university's representative to the Student's Assembly.

Using this experience she ran a successful campaign to become a councillor in her native Yeshrek at 27 cycles and had claimed the chairmanship of the council by 30 cycles.

Moving into regional politics her first run for the Holovy legislature failed but she was nominated for a by-election in her 36th cycle and became a Legislator after a sweeping victory.

Spending the next two decades in the Legislature proving a capable and pragmatic politician she challenged the popular President Gerilik in the aftermath of the Greddert Site scandal and won a narrow victory, taking the position with which she has been associated with ever since. During her fourth and fifth terms as President she served as Chairman of the Presidential Council before refusing to seek re-selection for a third term and she refused all nominations, preferring to lend her support to presidents who support her stances. Most recently her support was seen as instrumental in Chairman Optarat's elections and she was considered to be the Kowlint with most influence over the Chairman, her fingerprints can be found on all of the Chairman's policies from the World Halo to the irrigation of Denelvy Sikat.

Her passing leaves a huge vacuum in Confederal politics and that vacuum will be felt most keenly by the Chairman who is already under considerable pressure.

To: Ambassador Faeng

Ship records indicate your 'captains' launched an unproved attack upon a Psilocybe scout ship very clearly involved in openly coordinating a colonization effort. There was no threat to your ships and indeed no effort at communication by your captains before you opened fire with overwhelming force. Your captains claims to 'fear for their safety', for a war fleet so obviously highly weaponized- from a lone Psilocybe scoutcraft- is very obviously disingenuous.

You have fired upon an unarmed ship without cause or provocation and in the next breath blame us for your aggression! Your 'challenge', in light of your actions, and disingenuous words, cannot be accepted- we simply cannot trust your words.

And yet... despite your actions and your words, we are inclined to peace and offer you an (untranslatable) if you are inclined to truly defuse this tension. And so, as the aggressor upon unarmed and peaceful Psilocybe, it is only just that you make amends and show your commitment to peace.

Allow us to colonize the planets of Mer3B and Laddar, alongside your own people and allow trade to flow between our people on these planets. From shared markets will come trade. And from trade, a sharing of culture and prosperity. From these perhaps trust will (spores into a breeze?). Show yourselves worthy of our trust with these actions and in the future we will open our planets to your traders and allow your ships passage among our starlanes- as we would expect you would do also...

You attacked unarmed Psilocybe without cause. Lets make it right.

Formal Proposal:
  • One turn 'trust-building' period during which Mer3b and Laddar will be made open to joint development by both the Tarnak and Psilocybe. Neither people would invest more than '3 development' in any single planet within these systems so as to allow the other peoples an equal opportunity at development. Trade would be allowed between the people on these planets
  • If this goes well, the following turn we would open formal trade agreements and allow unarmed freighters access to one anothers systems.
  • If this goes well, the following turn after the trade agreement we would provide mutual docking rights for unarmed and non-military craft traveling through one-another's spacelanes

To: Psilocybe Admiralty Composite

The Imperial council has debated your proposal and decided it is not in the best interests of the Tarnakki populace. Our Majestic Imperator expresses his personal concern over Psilocybe demands to infiltrate and colonise our worlds without offering anything in exchange, as if we were already a subject people, and does not wish to set such a president.

The recent incident in [Mer-3] is regrettable, however the Tarnakki fleet will continue its efforts to robustly defend Tarnakki sovereignty and to enforce our rightful claims to territory.

---

A curious Tac investigating an elevator top was inadvertently sucked into a tube which had not been designed with the existence of sentient beings much smaller and less dense that a Kowlint as a consideration. Fortunately the Tac was not harmed by its experience, in fact it enjoyed the ride it did let others of its species know and soon they all wanted a turn. Dozens of inhabitants of the Halo have been having unexpected meetings with Tac coming out of their pneumatic receptors and the Halo maintenance department has been forced to shut down the system until it can be Tac proofed for the safety of our guests and the correct delivery of the inhabitants parcels.

@filli_noctus I meant to acknowledge this :D

On a 'realism' note, I imagine a naked Tac cannot float outside of dense atmosphere similar to their homeworld. Probably something like 70% of their body is flotation sacs by volume, 50% neural tissue by weight. That would explain their interest in getting around by other means.

To: The Drok Imperium

We completely agree, and our engineers are excited to work with their Drok counterparts. We will match your contribution of [EP], which would ideally be enough to finish the project within [one turn].

@Daftpanzer Is there a way for us to mechanically share a space station/habitat? I'm pretty pumped on the idea of making a Babylon 5 thing here, but want to make sure it isn't outside of the game's limits.

@Daftpanzer Is there a way for us to mechanically share a space station/habitat? I'm pretty pumped on the idea of making a Babylon 5 thing here, but want to make sure it isn't outside of the game's limits.

Absolutely - I'm not sure how to represent the joint ownership on the map, maybe a multi-colour icon, but I'll figure it out!!

A 'Space Station' could be a good starting point, which would be 4EP each. You could always upgrade it to Babylon 5 at a later date (for another 4EP each).

The Imperial council has debated your proposal and decided it is not in the best interests of the Tarnakki populace. Our Majestic Imperator expresses his personal concern over Psilocybe demands to infiltrate and colonise our worlds without offering anything in exchange, as if we were already a subject people, and does not wish to set such a president.

The recent incident in [Mer-3] is regrettable, however the Tarnakki fleet will continue its efforts to robustly defend Tarnakki sovereignty and to enforce our rightful claims to territory.

---

To: Ambassador Faeng (@Daftpanzer)

Your description of the incidents at [Mer-3] as regrettable is an improvement and some small consolation that you are not without concern for Psilocybe lives.

Regardless of your unwillingness to share the colony on Laddar with us- which we point out is an excellent half-way point between our systems and a natural point at which to meet, surely you can understand that the Psilocybe can make fair claim upon [Mer-3] especially as we were in the process of colonizing this planet as your ships attacked ours.

We understand your claim upon [Mer-3] and we are willing to share it with you. The (network?) believes that despite our differences otherwise, this shared colony can provide the basis upon which to grow a lasting peace. Collaboration and cooperation- not subjection!

*translation efforts intensify*

The explorer ship, intensely aware of it's surveillance several AU away from the center of the system, remains quiet for some time as the organic messanger emphatically flashes its message. A while later, a panel lifts with a hiss if escaping steam and a hydraulic purr. An extendable manipulator arm, with two jury rigged screens emerge from within the science bay and maneuvers itself infront of the flashing and glowing creature attempting communication. One screen starts reciprocating the patterns displayed by the creature, while the second screen begins flashing a series of oversized pixels... evidently their language, or attempts at translation. Several times, the Skitarii script's screen is blank, unable to translate the intent or meaning beyond vague contextual guesses.

Then, the pattern shifts. The flashing screen begins displaying a reply, using several cuts and pastes, but also some attempts at implied aspects of unique expression. The Skitarii script's screen shifts as well, this time consistently displaying the symbols with the corresponding images.

<expression of community> "New" Leave. <weird dialect> Start new.

<incomprehensible> of/with <logo> SKITARII TRADER'S UNION <overly patriotic expression> <friendly greetings/hope for good business>

<agreement, copy pasted> new communicate <bad copy paste> new start new star <repetition, etc., several combinations>

<bad copypaste job> "unleave" <coordinates> Sax-2 <untranslatable expression of time>

<question><request for signature, intials, or identification?>

<question><incomprehensible> "unleave" <damages?>

@Terrance888

I'll get back to you once I hear back from Daft regarding diplo and private projects.

Thanks for your patience Terrance.

From The Psylocibe Admirality Composite
The Skitarii Mercantile Conglomerate (@Terrance888 )

(network?) confirms (meeting/diplomacy?) at Sax-2.
(network?) confirms (Skittari logo) (trade/cooperation).

(inquiry) meaning of translations?

Last edited:
When do orders lock?

When do orders lock?

I won't have much time this weekend, and I'm planning to write some NPC stories, so I've set an orders deadline of 23:59 hours GMT on Thursday the 27th of April (IE just under a week away)

I still need to give Immac a bit more detailed feedback on secret stuff. Otherwise I think I've caught up with all PM conversations and questions - else feel free to give me a nudge, or ask for more info on anything.

Thanks one again :salute:

Last edited:
The great NPC Diplo post of April 2017

To: Torrhennian Confederacy, Kul'hari Collection, United Tac, Skitarii Mercantile Conglomerate

[? uncertain translations highlighted ?]

In the spirit of openness and trust, the Hurrunn Agreement offers free passage for all ships of non-weaponised configuration from your civilizations. All traders and explorers are welcome to visit our settlements, travel in the vicinity of our settlements, and barter for fuel and energy from our settlements (OOC: right of passage, trade).

[?Trust Relationships?] take time to grow. We intend this to be a first step.

Hurrunn [?Scientific Exchange Collectors?] have a special interest in [? Root Vegetables ?], fossils, and geological samples from various planets.

Hurrunn [?Scientific Exchange Collectors?] would be delighted to visit your worlds if you allow it.

Individuals of your population are welcome to travel and observe in our exploration ships, as certain persons of the Tac are currently.

Please note, the Hurrunn Agreement believes in [? Anti-Violation ?] and is preparing local means of [? Anti-Violation ?] until the nature of wider [? Galactic Astro-Politics ?] can be determined. We do not wish this to detract from [? Trust Relationships ?] and we respect the right of other civilizations to prepare [? Anti-Violation ?].

With respect,

Unanimously approved transmission from the Agreement Council.

To: Hurrun Agreement Council
The Confederacy agrees to reciprocate the offered {entry?} rights to your own civilian shipping and would welcome your scientists.
Unfortunately we cannot permit you to {claim?} fossils from the homeworld. Under the charter of the Confederal {digging service?} all {early fight?} artifacts are considered common Kowlint heritage and cannot be taken off-world. Your scientists may study them under supervision and take facsimiles. At this stage we are {unable / not comfortable?} to allow study of Torrhennian bio-samples due to the history of our world. The study of the native Teqellian lifeforms can be permitted along with geological samples from all worlds in the Confederacy.

Due to translation problems we cannot comment on "{anti-violation}" at this stage, please elaborate or rephrase to allow this to be given due consideration.

Due to a recent interstellar incident we wish to ensure matters of jurisdiction are settled before Torrhennian citizens are permitted to travel on the vessels of a foreign government or vice versa. Please give details of the legal situation regarding alien travel on your vessels.

With respect,
Chairman Optarat on behalf of Presidential Council of the Torrhennian Confederacy

“On tonight's Confederal Insider we'll be discussing the passing of President Caran and what impact it will have on the Confederacy. I'm Firit Kalun Herrelet and I'm joined by emeritus President of Dereng, Gashil Rial Borno and Gretesh Monor Volim, Histor of Politics at the University of Holovy. Good evening to you both.”

“Good evening.”

“Pleasure to be here.”

“If I may start with you, president Borno, you worked with President Caran during your time on the council. How was she to work with?”

“Although we disagreed on many things we always had the greatest respect for one another. She was the paragon of the post-Catastrophe Kowlint, deeply committed to what she believed was best for the Confederacy but willing to debate and consider other positions, even those diametrically opposed to her own so long as they were not morally repugnant. Even as one of her opponents I believe she embodied the principles of tolerance and understanding that have kept the peace on Torrhenn for so long.”

“Would you agree with that characterisation, Histor Volim?”

“I would, the fact she was elected fifteen times rather speaks to her appeal. As a Holovy alumnus she made it a point to give a guest lecture once a year and I have had the chance to speak with her on a number of occasions. She felt that dialogue is the glue that holds Kowlinti society together and that by expanding too rapidly we would loosen that bond. Ever since the Teqel Landing she campaigned for full colonial representation on the Council, even for Mannon and the Halo which no other President has supported.”

“But I understand she supported the rather dictatorial position the Council took following the Kul'verdia incident.”

“We can't know for sure due to the collective responsibility principles but I understand that's correct. She felt that the Kul'verdia colonists had threatened the dialogue between the Council and the Kul'hari government which could bring our two peoples closer together as the nations of Torrhenn did in the aftermath of the Catastrophe.”

“As an Expansionist, what's your take on that, president Borno?”

“I feel that a mistake was made there. By prioritising external relations the Council risks a breakdown of internal dialogue and the increasing popularity of President Jetrex has shown that her protegé, Chairman Optarat, will pay a heavy political price.”

“Thank you for bringing us to that. Histor, how do you think President Caran's death will affect policy?”

“It very much depends on who wins the Holovy elections. Currently the Builder candidate Porren Gren Dalomir has a slight advantage but the Expansionists could see a spike in popularity in the coming weeks. If Bennor Wasek Yex is elected I'd expect to see the Chairman making some concessions to the Expansionists to hold onto his position come the next selection, maybe establishing a proper colony in the Fossel system.”

“Your thoughts, president Borno?”

“Optarat still has nearly an entire term before he faces reselection, I wouldn't expect any major changes, especially if Dalomir becomes President. Next term though, I'd certainly expect some concessions to the Expansionists, especially since he won't be able to point to the Halo budget since that will be completed this term.”

“Could you elaborate on the kind of concessions you'd expect?”

“Well, I'd definitely expect a new colony if the Perrel turns up a suitable world, but Optarat is very careful about suitability, so far we've failed to find any worlds approaching what we would consider to have a Kowlint suitable climate that aren't already occupied by another FTL species. Optarat is a the quintessential builder and I know that the Hurrun ship currently docked at the Halo will be giving him ideas. I would expect him to be commissioning explorers to locate worlds more suitable for colonisation.”

“And that's all we have time for tonight. My thanks to president emeritus Borno of Dereng and Histor Volim of the University of Holovy. Join us tomorrow for a discussion on the implications of opening trade with the Jaar'ar. Goodnight.”

Your description of the incidents at [Mer-3] as regrettable is an improvement and some small consolation that you are not without concern for Psilocybe lives.

Regardless of your unwillingness to share the colony on Laddar with us- which we point out is an excellent half-way point between our systems and a natural point at which to meet, surely you can understand that the Psilocybe can make fair claim upon [Mer-3] especially as we were in the process of colonizing this planet as your ships attacked ours.

We understand your claim upon [Mer-3] and we are willing to share it with you. The (network?) believes that despite our differences otherwise, this shared colony can provide the basis upon which to grow a lasting peace. Collaboration and cooperation- not subjection!

Again your offer has been discussed but must be declined.

Again we express regret for the use of weapons in [Mer-3] but we ask for consideration of Tarnakki interests.

We are aware that the Psilocybe have already claimed an unknown region of space, including but not limited to [Semilancea], [Lagimae] and [Rurrica], and you continue to blankly prohibit Tarnakki exploration or presence in those systems, while seeking to expand that boundary forwards. The value of allowing Psilocybe presence in [Mer-3] or Laddar is negated because of this.

Our Majestic Imperator refuses to put his paw-print to any document that puts his people on unequal footing.

If the Psilocybe will not allow equal opening of borders to any extent, then they should expect the Tarnakki fleet to be vigorous in preventing further encirclement and encroachment upon the Tarnakki populace.

Again your offer has been discussed but must be declined.

Again we express regret for the use of weapons in [Mer-3] but we ask for consideration of Tarnakki interests.

We are aware that the Psilocybe have already claimed an unknown region of space, including but not limited to [Semilancea], [Lagimae] and [Rurrica], and you continue to blankly prohibit Tarnakki exploration or presence in those systems, while seeking to expand that boundary forwards. The value of allowing Psilocybe presence in [Mer-3] or Laddar is negated because of this.

Our Majestic Imperator refuses to put his paw-print to any document that puts his people on unequal footing.

If the Psilocybe will not allow equal opening of borders to any extent, then they should expect the Tarnakki fleet to be vigorous in preventing further encirclement and encroachment upon the Tarnakki populace.

You make a good point and we see the wisdom therein. We propose the following agreement which we are sure your emperor will consider most equal... We are willing to open Allucinar (coordinates to follow if you accept our counter-offer), if you open Laddar and accept [Mer-3] as a shared planet.

Allucinar would remain a primarily Psilocybe planet but have a sizeable (up to size 2) contingent of Tarnak. You would not base ground forces or aerospace fightercraft here.

Laddar would remain a primarily Tarnak planet but have a sizeable (up to size 2) contigent of Psilocybe. We would not base ground forces or aerospace fightercraft here.

[Mer3] would be a shared system with shared limits (up to size 3 for each of us) for planets in this system- so as to not overburden the resources thereof.

In all cases individuals on our planets would be free to access local planetary markets of either species and government in accordance with standard laws and regulations of the parental governments.

Trade and port agreements would follow in the (turns) to come.

The great NPC Diplo post of April 2017

To: Torrhennian Confederacy, Kul'hari Collection, United Tac, Skitarii Mercantile Conglomerate

[? uncertain translations highlighted ?]

In the spirit of openness and trust, the Hurrunn Agreement offers free passage for all ships of non-weaponised configuration from your civilizations. All traders and explorers are welcome to visit our settlements, travel in the vicinity of our settlements, and barter for fuel and energy from our settlements (OOC: right of passage, trade).

[?Trust Relationships?] take time to grow. We intend this to be a first step.

Hurrunn [?Scientific Exchange Collectors?] have a special interest in [? Root Vegetables ?], fossils, and geological samples from various planets.

Hurrunn [?Scientific Exchange Collectors?] would be delighted to visit your worlds if you allow it.

Individuals of your population are welcome to travel and observe in our exploration ships, as certain persons of the Tac are currently.

Please note, the Hurrunn Agreement believes in [? Anti-Violation ?] and is preparing local means of [? Anti-Violation ?] until the nature of wider [? Galactic Astro-Politics ?] can be determined. We do not wish this to detract from [? Trust Relationships ?] and we respect the right of other civilizations to prepare [? Anti-Violation ?].

With respect,

Unanimously approved transmission from the Agreement Council.

From the Skitarii Mercantile Conglomerate

We appreciate and applaud your unilateral action towards the prosperity that is promised by free trade between free peoples. The [?citizen-employees?] of the Conglomerate are eager to accept your offer on this first step towards greater and deeper "[?Trust Relationships?]". Worry not, we shall do our part in establishing a [?alien certification/license?] in hopes of smoothing the path to [?synergy?].

The Hurrunn [?Scientific Exchange Collectors?] are welcome to submit research proposals to our Science teams to engage in cooperative investigation. May [?synergy?] result in [?h u g e s u c c e s s?]. The surfaces of our world may prove treacherous, and we wish to maximize [?accommodation?].

As you receive this message, we are giving [?alien certification?] to [?synergy?] triads of expert scientific [?citizen-employees?] on [?independent research contract?]. We hope providing representation in groups of three may maximize [?accommodation?] and [?synergy?] with your [?Scientific Exchange Collectors?] wherever your exploration vessels may discover.

Several [?liaisons?] on our [?Diplomatic Ship?] "Cruiseliner" wishes to visit your respectable Home Planet of Hmmaia in order to discuss [?Anti-Violation?] and [?synergy?]. We bring [?Accommodation?] and >>!!GIFTS!!<< as well.

With Best Regards,

The Board of Directors and the Combined Shareholders of Skitarii Mercantile Conglomerate

[The Tacci word for Gift was used.]

Last edited:
The hairy, but rather upright, Kowlint appeared to be enjoying his tour of the Alterini district of Principiter City. Communicating through cybernetic translators, the young Kul'hari diplomat unconsciously and assiduously flashed a turquoise delight, leading its guest onwards to an area still under construction. Here, they come across a few apparent workers, furiously flashing a whole spectrum of greens, oranges, and reds.

An engineer and a Lor'agricolon [~priest] were arguing, gesturing at a nearby prone figure surrounded by its solemn family. The situation was clearly growing heated, with the Lor'agricolon achieving an outraged ruby; A neurologist had clearly been brought into consult, but their faltering gentle greens of reason could not restrict these clearly intractable Kul'hari. The chromatic equivalent of a shouting-match was in full-turn, and it was clear that the dispute was only devolving from here. The family remained unconcerned.

Explaining to the Kowlint dignitary that such commotion was typical of a traditional Kul'hari funeral, the creature's appearance became what could be surmised as something close to "aghast". Not hesititating a moment, he retreated rapidlu the way he came, the young diplomat scuttling in his wake to catch up...

Mirth coursed through the mind of Rao'kim at this sight from across the City. Of course, how could one hire a Lor'agricolon worth its salts and not expect at least a single chromo-clash! One might otherwise receive some basement floor-placement, and at that point why hire a Lor'agricolon at all? And the fear in that Kul'hari youth - it helped, knowing that after so many years of slumber, at least the uncertainty of youth (and Kul'hari funiary customs) remained unchanged. So much had changed; new Kowlint neighbours, far flung Tacci and Hurrunn peoples, and not to mention the radically new and ever-rising cityscape of Principiter City. Peering through a nearby view-cam, the vistas never failed to evoke awe in its mind.

It would've never been known to Rao'kim, in its peaceful slumber, lending its mind to the greater whole, had it not been for The Broadcast.

They have landed

They have betrayed us

They are armed

The deep, unbridled rage shocked Rao'kim, awakening it to this rush of information, consciousness, and injustice, to an unbroken burst of crimson red. All of the Kul, across all planets, was felt united in overwhelming contempt. Every building flushed with anger; multiplying, intensifying with each pulse of collective outrage. Who can know what would've happened, had it not been for the calming force of Goam'biers.

It is unknown how Goam'biers withstood the tide of hate, but the crescendo was stemmed by the force of its neural waves; Peace, Resolve, and Calm vibrated through the Kul. And so it was they found their minds once more, and the old Agricolon was vaulted once-more to the heights of Kul esteem. Rao'kim had heard echoes which suggested a rising trend in stoicist thought, but was too focused on absorbing all of this astonishing new world to pay it much attention.

Nearby, a Tacci diplomat could be seen on the view-cam examining Rao'kim's section of wall.

~Bobs~

~Flips~

~Swings Back-and-Forth~

Rao'kim chuckles at the oddness, and a pale gold is clearly visible lighting up the wall. The Tacci diplomat (perhaps a scientist at second glance) titters, clearly pleased with the result. It rushes away, likely to consult its colleagues, or so Rao'kim muses.

Rao'kim searches the Kul for more information on these creatures, and begins combing through the accounts. It is an exciting new galaxy for the Kul'hari...

Last edited:
The Last Bar was located at the far end of one of the Halo’s major docking piers. It marketed itself as serving “the last good hena before the black”. Most of its clientele were spacers, mostly active freighter crew but some retirees with void in their bones. But now some of the gravity-bound were coming to the Last Bar for its latest attraction.

“That's him,” said Holom Goro Detch to Armil Gresh Loforn as he indicated an aged Kowlint with a greying shaggy coat.
“Are you sure?” asked Armil.
“Definitely, you get the hena I'll introduce us.”
As Armil trotted over to the bar Holom made his way over to the old Kowlint.
“Engineer emeritus Dorweng? My name is Ho...”
“I know who I am, I don't care who you are, I know what you want and I assume you know what I need in exchange.”
“Yes engineer...”
“Quit calling me by my title. That don't matter in the void, call me Lowro like everyone else does.”
“If you prefer engi... Lowro. Ah, my friend has brought your drinks.”
Indeed Armil was carrying four tankards full of purple hena.
He placed the tankards on the table, one each for him and Holom and two for Lowro. He and Holom picked up their tankards and sipped, the tankards were aluminium and the hena pre-catalysed but good nonetheless. Lowro threw the first tankard down his ingestor whilst speaking to his new companions.
“So you want to hear about Kul’arane do you? It's all anyone wants from Lowro these days. Some say I was going void-happy, some say it were a Kul’hari private shuttle and some say it were a storm on Kul’arane itself. But I know what I saw and it weren't none of those things.
“I was working on a freighter running Kul’hari logistics. You know how we Kowlint have been slowly expanding while we build our infrastructure? Well the Kul’hari have been doing it the other way around, expanding to every rock that their shiny rumps won't float off but not paying much mind to their merchant fleet and that's been good business for spacers like me who plug the gaps.
“We were running a load of... something, who knows what those crystals think are necessities, to the Kul’arane system from Principiter. Anyway, I was piloting a handler pod doing a high orbit transfer to one of their shiny orbital transfer vessels when I saw it.
“Tell me, either of you boys been FTL?” Holom tilted his head in the affirmative, his mother had one taken him on a supply run to Fossel Station, for Armil this was the first time he'd left Torrhenn’s atmosphere.
“You ever had a ‘blip’?”
“Don't think so, what is a blip?”
“You don't get them so much these days now the drives are better, by sometimes the FTL cuts out briefly. Normally it kicks back in after a second and you're on your way. Scare the hell out of you first time it happens though.
“Anyway, I was floating above Kul’arane moving a container to the Kul’hari ship when I noticed something out of the corner of my eye, I turned to look at it and it derisively hadn't been there a moment before. It was orange and green, looked a bit like a ferwel but without any limbs and a sail running along it's spine. I saw it for just a couple of moments and then it was gone and all that was left was a momentary motion blur that told me it had gone FTL.
“Now it was only a moment but I seat to you that before it jumped it turned its head and looked at me with eyes as black as the space beyond the galaxy and as old as the stars themselves, old but surprised to see another being in the black.”
“What do you think it was?” asked Armil as he finished his hena.
“Covered if I know, never heard of anything like it before and no one else has admitted to seeing the like since. All I know is it's real, it's out there and it's alive.
“Now which of you two boys is going to buy me another drink?”

You make a good point and we see the wisdom therein. We propose the following agreement which we are sure your emperor will consider most equal... We are willing to open Allucinar (coordinates to follow if you accept our counter-offer), if you open Laddar and accept [Mer-3] as a shared planet.

Allucinar would remain a primarily Psilocybe planet but have a sizeable (up to size 2) contingent of Tarnak. You would not base ground forces or aerospace fightercraft here.

Laddar would remain a primarily Tarnak planet but have a sizeable (up to size 2) contigent of Psilocybe. We would not base ground forces or aerospace fightercraft here.

[Mer3] would be a shared system with shared limits (up to size 3 for each of us) for planets in this system- so as to not overburden the resources thereof.

In all cases individuals on our planets would be free to access local planetary markets of either species and government in accordance with standard laws and regulations of the parental governments.

Trade and port agreements would follow in the (turns) to come.

After further deliberation, we have agreed to the terms exactly as laid out by the Psilocybe Admiralty.

Psilocybe settlers and travellers will be permitted in [Mer3] system, and on the planet Laddar and its system. We will send explorers, scientists and prospective colonists to the world you have dubbed Allucinar and its system.

Laddar will be demilitarised. His Majestic Imperium stresses that this is a huge gesture of trust on behalf of our civilization. We hope this move will be fully appreciated by the Psilocybe.

His Majestic Imperium does however express his gratitude for your patience.

We will transmit a database detailing potentially-dangerous microbial life on Laddar and effective safeguards at your convenience.

Just to confirm, I meant the deadline as the 'end' of Thursday local time - so that is 23:59 hours on Thursday GMT. Add five or more hours for people in the USA ;)

Also, I meant to clarify about the EP income in the stats. Where people are making substantial income from trade with another civilization, I started to write that separately as '3EP (trade partner X)' . All the EP is definitely yours to spend, I'm just highlighting the value of that trade.

Top Bottom