Tolkien's Middle-Earth Modpack

Originally posted by Eclipse

In particular, what is it you're looking for in reference to the Noldor?

This modpack includes, among other things, accurate city naming, accurate hero naming, multiple unique units per race, and animated leaderheads specific to each race. If all you want is city names or leaderheads for the Noldor I can simply email it to you. Any more than that you'd be better off playing the modpack. At least with that you'll have the luxury of playing other ME races and having the Elven units available.

Eclipse

Hmmm, I was looking at getting the whole civ, including unique units etc. I don't know how far your mod has gone i.e. if you've changed all the techs and stuff, i guess you would've. I didn't really want to go the full ME thing, i just want some elves

I only have a 56k modem and it won't even run at that speed so it'd take forever to download your whole mod anyway. Is there anywhere that tells me what I have to modify to make a new civ myself? I know there's many things to do, but I'm willing to go to any length to make my perfect game :)

Thanks anyway

I haven't downloaded the mod yet (I'm doing it right now, but with my 56k modem, it could take a while :cry: ), and what I'm going to ask isn't really a HUGE thing, but I was just wondering about the Nazgul units. First of all, would it be possible to limit how many of them you could have? It just woudn't be right if I could wipe out Gondor with an army of 50 Nazgul. Maybe if you made it so that you needed a certain resource to build them (rings of power?), and there was only enough of that resource to build nine. Just a thought. Anyway, I'm looking forward to playing your mod (after what seems like the years its going to take to download :rolleyes: ), keep up the good work. As for wonders, The One Ring an the Silmarils are musts.

Originally posted by Blind Man
So when is the beta version coming?:suicide:

Yes, the beta version is still underway. Work has been monopolizing my free time this week unfortunately, and I haven't been able to finish up the next release.

I may have a couple of hours to work on it tonight but I fear that actually might not be enough to get it out the door. :(

This upcoming week is looking very bleak as well so I can't really promise anything concrete but I will try! :D

Thanks,
Eclipse

A very great project

Good job Eclipse.

With regards to the Nazgul. I played a civ2 scenario where Mordor start off with all 9 on foot and once they get killed they come back as winged Nazgul.
If you could limit production to 9 Nazgul on horseback, then the Mordor player could just upgrade them to Winged Nazgul when the relevant tech was researched.

One idea i posted in a different Tolkien Mod ideas list was random units appearing in the game. Taking the place of great leaders, maybe Mordor could get a Balrog, and the Elves get a great Eagle?

The silmarils and the two Trees in Valinor (i forget their names) should certainly be wonders if they arent already included.

Hello, just wanted to say that it is NOT working for me. i have the lastest patch of CIV3.

installed the TMEv0.2.msi and nothing happen to my game.

i use winxp.

thanks.

I had the same problem. Just uninstall the mod. Than reinstall it in the default directory. The manually copy the files to your civ3 directory (if that's a different directory than the default).

I also tried using win98. I have dual boot. It works fine then.

Originally posted by Gumby3000
I had the same problem. Just uninstall the mod. Than reinstall it in the default directory. The manually copy the files to your civ3 directory (if that's a different directory than the default).

I also tried using win98. I have dual boot. It works fine then.

This is correct. The current modpack install program does not check to make sure that you have selected to install it in the same directory as Civ3. It assumes you weren't silly enough to change the default install of [Program Files]\Infogrames Ineteractive\Civilization III\.... If you have changed this, then you must remember to change the directory for the modpack when given the opportunity during the install process.

BTW, I've had a total of 1 hour to work on the modpack so far this week. :cry: It may be a while yet before I'm able to get to the next beta release at this rate... But I will get there eventually! :goodjob:

Thanks,
Eclipse

With the little i know about civ three editing i beleive with a save game editor it is possible to make a scenario. You could, if i am correct, make a nazgul unit that uses a certain kind of special resource that exsists in the mod but is not placed on the map. Then you can with the save game editor. Save after just starting and not building anything place nine nazguls on the map with the setller. This might, having the first unit make a slight advantage but in my mind its worrth a try. Also im afraid to download your mod because overwriting our game, if i were to make the slightest mistake in installing and saving a backup then all hell would break loose. Would it work maybe if i burned my original copy for a just incase? looks like its comming great i admire your work

Adrian

Do we have an aprox date of the first patch?

(btw, great MOD:goodjob: )

I am certainly looking forward to playing this mod when i finally finish the download. I only have a 56k modem and its taking hours for me to get it done.:cry:

I'm baaaack!

I just wanted to update everyone on my progress as of late since it has been a while...

Work has been killer but it looks like I may be able to get back into the next beta release by this Sunday afternoon which means you can expect something new posted by Tuesday or Wednesday barring a major catastrophe.

The deliverables of the next beta release still haven't changed but I've had a couple of weeks now to think about the direction a little so hopefully the quality will show the effort!

Thanks to all who have been patient this past month waiting for the update.

Eclipse

I'm having a problem. When I go to have an elite troop upgraded to a leader, I now get an illegal operation

There's some kind of a problem with the installation program. It doesn't do anything to my Civ3 files. And I was so much hoping to play that mod :cry:
Help me!! I can't get that installer to work!

Wizard

There are more people having difficulties with the installation program. Me too. I've Windows XP installed. You probably too. Try to install the files into another directory than Civ3 then manually vopy the files to there. Or use another OS.

Top Bottom