Tomatekh's New Civilizations

Thanks again! I have a favor to ask. If you encounter a crash that you can't get past re-loading, can you post the save file (if possible)? Being able to test changes to the lua in a save with a repeatable crash would be tremendously helpful for finding a solution.

Absolutely. The CTD I posted on Friday (with some more mods enabled) had a repeatable crash and I could not get past at all. Attached the save-game the turn before the crash occured in the AI's turn... actually 2 files: one autosave and one I made myself when trying to get past it...

Attachments

• High Elder U Kix Chan_0126 AD-0275.Civ5Save
    2.9 MB · Views: 270
  • 0ldAutoSave_0125 AD-0250.Civ5Save
    2.9 MB · Views: 181
Absolutely. The CTD I posted on Friday (with some more mods enabled) had a repeatable crash and I could not get past at all. Attached the save-game the turn before the crash occured in the AI's turn... actually 2 files: one autosave and one I made myself when trying to get past it...

Thanks! Just to double-check, these saves were with this mod list? (I have to make sure I have these versions). If you encounter another crash in the smaller mod list game, please also post that.

- CP (v88, 15 Feb)
- CIV-linked Great Generals (v11)
- Cradles of Civilization Pack (v18)
- Enlightenment Era (v6)
- Great Spy (v11)
- HR (v45)
- JFDs CiD (v58), CD (V13), EC (v4), ExCE (v20), RTP (v33) (all latest versions)
- Really Advanced Setup - Civilization Groups Addon (v4)
- Really Advanced Setup (v15)
- Sukritact's CIV VI Style City Names (v1)
- Sukritact's E&D (v3)
- Leugi's PeC (v6)
- Zwei833's Renaissance Era Revised (v4)

Thanks! Just to double-check, these saves were with this mod list? (I have to make sure I have these versions). If you encounter another crash in the smaller mod list game, please also post that.

- CP (v88, 15 Feb)
- CIV-linked Great Generals (v11)
- Enlightenment Era (v6)
- Great Spy (v11)
- HR (v45)
- JFDs CiD (v58), CD (V13), EC (v4), ExCE (v20), RTP (v33) (all latest versions)
- Really Advanced Setup - Civilization Groups Addon (v4)
- Really Advanced Setup (v15)
- Sukritact's CIV VI Style City Names (v1)
- Sukritact's E&D (v3)
- Leugi's PeC (v6)
- Zwei833's Renaissance Era Revised (v4)

Yep, correct!

The only mod on that list that I have in common is Historical Religions. Not sure if that's any help.

Following up on the game with only 2 mods:
- Great Spy (v11)

Just got a CTD in turn 254 when AI was processing. In my turn I had just destroyed an iron resource with my Great Spy (2nd GS I had earned, he was captured). However, in reconstructing I found that when I don't destroy the resource I still get the CTD so that seems to rule that out.

So the CTD is repeatable and can't get past it. It occurs when last AI is processing (Germany, with some prior denouncing left and right). However, could also be at start of city-state processing? I'm in Renaissance Era and have built quite a bit of Intelligence yielding buildings already that seem to work fine (walls, castle, tavern). My Great Spy wasn't in Germany or CS territory.

Not sure if relevant but the CTD in this game is different from the other one with more mods:
- This CTD (game with 2 mods): gives a small standard Windows pop-up screen saying something like Civ5 "stopped working"
- The other CTD (game with more mods): immediately gives dark screen and returns to Windows

Hope this helps. 3 other things:
- I saw a Great Spy from another Civ. Shouldn't they be invisibile? Hadn't done counterespionage or anything...
- The Golden Age yield from Colossal Heads by Great Spy works (adressed it in earlier post but wanted to confirm)
- (Also referencing previous post) The Olmec decision "Celebrate the Champions" works perfectly. The CTD I experienced earlier will have been triggered by something else...

Attachments

• Great Spy Logs 2.zip
    188.1 KB · Views: 171
  • AutoSave_0253 AD-1715.Civ5Save
    1.7 MB · Views: 218
  • AutoSave_0252 AD-1710.Civ5Save
    1.7 MB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Uhhmm...Tomatek, do you know what's the deal with Great Spy mod disappearing from workshop randomly? I've seen that happen few times before, mod disappeared for a couple of days, and then got back.

Uhhmm...Tomatek, do you know what's the deal with Great Spy mod disappearing from workshop randomly? I've seen that happen few times before, mod disappeared for a couple of days, and then got back.

I hadn't noticed it disappearing. I've had some issues trying to upload stuff recently, so I wonder if it's connected.

However, I've also been thinking about temporarily removing the mod from the workshop at least until I sort out the crash. It will still be available off civfanatics (and people here are more likely to give helpful feedback instead of the "it crashes" comments that flood the workshop page).

I haven't had much time to work on the crash, but that should change once April is over. Once I sort it out, I'll re-add it to the workshop.

Last edited:
That is really sad - both Mississippi and Poverty Point are really unique civs and fun to play. They deserve their own look & feel.

So, first I feel I need to apologize. I know I promised to fix my spy mod months ago. I didn't abandon the project. The truth is, after working on it and other projects for so long, I simply ended up feeling burnt out in modding in general. So, I've sort of been taking a break from any heavy stuff.

However, it's actually been somewhat beneficial because returning to the mod I've been able to look at the problem from a new angle. I'd been too stuck in my head and the way I'd been coding the mod for months.

I'm pleased to announce that I've finally been able to code a version that has successfully gotten past the crash in Stef09's's save! So, I believe I've solved that crash. Of course, I don't know if that was the only crash in the mod, but it does mean it should be more stable overall.
(And I'd like to thank Stef09 again for the save. It was tremendously helpful).

So, here's the new version:

http://www.dropbox.com/s/clyn6o28anbql87/Great Spy (Brave New World) (v 12).civ5mod

I know it's been 5 months :/ and I don't know how many people still care or still play Civ V. If some of you do and want to play test the new version, I would really appreciate some feedback on its stability before putting it back up on Steam.

Last edited:
Is it compatible with JFDDLC?

I would love to test it in this week. Well done, Tomatekh! Do you have any unreleased project related with Civ 5 that you want to keep working on other Than the great spy? I hope you do because you are a such elite modder.

Awesome work and thanks for the effort in updating and bringing it back! Love the quality of all your mods (incl all your civs), so very excited to see this!!

Great to hear the save and feedback was valuable!! Can't wait to try this new version!! Unfortunately I'll be away for 2 weeks as of tomorrow, but will for sure test the new version straight after and provide feedback...

Top Bottom