Tomatekh's New Civilizations

Bit late to the party, but indeed, very nice leaderscene and icon! Also, 'one last gift'? Did I miss something? :p

I'm pretty sure it just means that this is the last of the art that Jan has produced (in this batch) for Tomatekh, and unless he plans to make art for Poverty Point probably the last art he'll do for Tomatekh before Civ VI.

That is if Tomatekh's plans haven't been changed by the announcement or whatever.

I'm imagining modding and art will begin to slow between now and Civ VI's modding capabilities being revealed. If they're awesome, it'll slow even more. If they're bad, we'll speed back up.

Is the shang sacrifice not supposed to cost strategic resources on horses? My last game it took the resource off the tile but didn't seem to change the counter.

Is the shang sacrifice not supposed to cost strategic resources on horses? My last game it took the resource off the tile but didn't seem to change the counter.

Huh, that's a bug. I completely missed it because I assumed the game would automatically handle this, but, as usual, I expected too much from the civ engine :p I'll add it to my list, thanks.

It could always be something weird on my end, I was also running single player NQmod which I don't think messes with the way the game handles resources but you never know. I've played shang before but never really bothered paying much attention to the horse counter.

It could always be something weird on my end, I was also running single player NQmod which I don't think messes with the way the game handles resources but you never know. I've played shang before but never really bothered paying much attention to the horse counter.

Nah, it's likely Shang. The civ engine has a ton of problems when you try to update/change aspects of the terrain in game.

Edit... Okay, I just uploaded a fix.

For a general update, if I'm a little quiet lately it's because I'm currently trying to fix a few bugs I've discovered in my mods.

In terms of modding and Civ V and Civ VI, it's safe to assume that Poverty Point and the Olmec will be my last real Civ V projects. This is more a realistic predication than anything else; I usually only release a new civ once or twice a year so any new project started now would likely not be completed before Civ VI comes out. Both Poverty Point and the Olmec are largely finished except for art assets, so they're more likely to have everything come together in time (though, even if they don't, I'm still committed to releasing them after Civ VI, if it comes to that). For the Olmec specifically, I'm going to try and contact Leugi again and see if he's willing to post the files. Though the plan was always for Leugi to post the civ, I'm sure neither of us want the work already done on it to go to waste and would also prefer to release it before Civ VI. So, if that's the only real option to achieve that, I'm going to see if I can move the long delayed project forward.

In terms of Civ VI specifically, I don't know. Honestly, I'm in a very different place now in terms of time constraints and real life responsibilities than I was when I started modding for Civ V. So, I don't know how much I can really commit to modding for it. I would like to do some stuff, but maybe that will have to translate to only releasing a few key mods/personal favorite civs instead of anything ongoing. In general, I also don't like to mod for Civ (as was the case for both IV and V) before an expansion or two is released. This is both in terms of just having more options to take advantage of and not wanting to waste time modding something that's potentially added later in an official capacity. I also would prefer to take some time and learn the new game's mechanics instead of just trying to port abilities based around Civ V (and that might not really work in VI) all in an effort to get a mod out quickly/first. Porting non civ mods, like Historical Religions or Prophet names (if they're still needed), is something that you're more likely to see from me early on (and would likely be easier to do anyway assuming religion is in at base).

As for my existing Civ V mods, I will continue supporting them for bugs and stuff, but will likely wind down making any real changes to them. So, if there's anything you don't like or would like to see potentially changed in my current mods (change a civ's abilities / add a new religion to HR / etc.), now's the time to post it. If you do have a suggestion, please also post an explanation :p

I always felt like the hittites UB had a bit of an iroquios problem in that in many starts it is worse than vanilla, harrapa sewers could also use a bit of a minor boost so they aren't totally redundant with tradition if you go that route. Kongo I also feel is a bit underpowered/vanilla feeling and could use a little boost in the ua. Everything else I think is pretty good with the civs as far as I have played.

That Benin LS gave me an odd sense of satisfaction, the longing for a good looking LS finally given, thank you Jan!

I still think the Champa elephant should get a little bit more of a bonus, as they are not that great at seigeing cities but they are too weak to use in regular combat.

But, they are better than the trebuchet at both? It takes 4 turns before a trebuchet's damage outpaces an elephant's and an extra 14 strength ranged unit in your army is always useful (compared to other siege units which just take up space and do nothing in regular combat).

I felt like my last game as champa they were solid. They are better in the game than they look on paper.

Agreed that the Elephant is good enough as is, tho I echo the idea that the Harrapan UB is a little weaker than it need be. How about a boost to being built in river cities? Like a simple food boost or something? Or give it a food boost by default and make it maintenance free in cities on rivers? After all an abundant source of flowing fresh water aids greatly in building a sewer system.

Top Bottom