Turns 160 - 169

Name suggestion for new city: Weaverville or Weaveville (don't know which one would be most correct...) :)

Monastry and missionaries would be a good build, as it will help us recover economically.

By the way, do we have drama already? We could use the Globe Theater somewhere.

We do have drama, but no theaters so far. With the current situation I don't think building 5(?) theaters would be a good move.

Well, in the end, we will want to have the globe theater, there's nothing wrong with starting to squeeze a few theater in now.

By the way, how far are we from the Forbidden Palace?

I though the plan was to build FP in Loco's capitol, but I'm not familiar with the mechanics of city maintenance so it may also be useful to build it in Tropicana, Polynesia or Glassport.

The mechanics of the FP is actually quite simple (as opposed to the over-complex civ3 FP). When a city calculates distance maintenance it just uses whatever palace city is closest. Number of cities maintenance is unaffected. So we just have to place the FP so the total amount of palace distance (sum of all cities' distances) is at a minimum (this holds true as long as we don't take populations into account as that affects distance maintenance but since we have a fairly normal distribution it shouldn't matter too much, except that it might be a small extra argument in favour of placing the FP among the medium/big cities we capture from Loco).

edit: but off course, in the end, nothing beats WB tests, so we might want to do just that before starting contruction of the FP.

I'm going to end up recreating the entire map in WB :). I'll see about that when I get back from my trip.

Some things to consider is getting the affect earlier by building it sooner in one of our own eastern cities as opposed to getting a larger affect later by building it in Locoland. Another factor would be if we plan to expand into any of those sites on our east coast.

Well, in the end, we will want to have the globe theater, there's nothing wrong with starting to squeeze a few theater in now.
But right now military should be absolutely the key, so we can't really afford to spend any time building Theatres. If Epsilon tries to storm through our lands then all those Theatres won't be of much use in stopping them. ;)

Military, military and more military. Did I mention military? Make sure it is combined arms.

Someone needs to play the save. I suggest dutchfire if he's around, or if not I can perhaps find a bit of time to do so this evening.

Our fleet drops camels on that stone resource, then 2 galleys can go and pick up our stranded survivors from B and O and drop in a safer spot.

The galley near Whealville was going to wait and grab a catapult and camel.

Magadan's build que should be changed from settler to monastery.

I'm going to PM Dave.

Also that settler is settling in place and the nearby galley is sailing through.

Got it.... next time Lord Parkin has to pick it up for sure, as I'll be away.

Played, settling made our economy even worse.
I killed a barb warrior near the new city too.

And within 10 minutes of sending the save, Epsilon has downloaded, started up, played, saved, and sent the save again

Just a reminder that the save is with us again.

Shall I play it, or is someone else around? :)

Go for it Parkin.

I've started, but most of the time has been trying to determine what all these units are supposed to be doing.

OK, played & sent. Not much to mess up this time, I guessed a bit but should be right. :)

Top Bottom