UI modifications (suggestions and discussion)

IRC still is great, only problem is how easy it is to get another person's ip from it.

This was a massive issue in the earlier days of esports, where ddosing unfortunately were commonplace to rig matches

Is there any chance to get the batch selection of cities (ctrl/alt) to put the city I clicked on at the front of the selection?.

I wanted to get back to this because I really think it's super useful. I checked the code and it's a trivial fix.

I was wondering if people think the default behaviour has any use over having the city you click on with Ctrl/Alt at the top of the selected city list?

I wanted to get back to this because I really think it's super useful. I checked the code and it's a trivial fix.

I was wondering if people think the default behaviour has any use over having the city you click on with Ctrl/Alt at the top of the selected city list?
There is invert queue somewhere in Bug settings

There is invert queue somewhere in Bug settings

That's not what I mean. But nevermind I just noticed I can in fact just Shift+Alt+Click after already having the city selected and get the desired result. I'm absolutely sure I tried that before and it always reset the list, but I may have just been stupid.

Last edited:
1 Is it possible to hide replaceable buildings in city screen (ex dont wanna see earth wall when i can build regular walls)
2 Is AI smart enough to not build old version (ex earth wall) of a building just before new one (ex walls) - I was not :D

1 Is it possible to hide replaceable buildings in city screen (ex dont wanna see earth wall when i can build regular walls)
2 Is AI smart enough to not build old version (ex earth wall) of a building just before new one (ex walls) - I was not :D
At least for the second case, there can be valid reasons to do so. If the newer building takes longer and the city is being attacked now, it's better to have an operational earth wall than a half-completed wall.

1685706654929.png

C2C has a LOT of Civics, and it takes a lot of searching to figure out where they are.

It would be much easier if the civic itself indicated its category, for instance :
Civ4BeyondSword_7SgfQq9uUT.jpg

This should show something like "Workforce : Communal" instead.
(I know that they are color-coded, but that itself takes quite a long time to learn.)

Another issue is that they are listed last in the tech tree.
In the worst case, their icons don't even appear on the tech card !
Civ4BeyondSword_o2ojcAa6F4.jpg

Since they are relatively rare, and a pretty big deal, and tend to have a bunch of effects you might want to look up in the Pedia-
(BTW, why do building effects get shown in the popup, while Civic effects do not ?)
-IMHO they should be shown among the first icons.

Speaking of, the above tech popup and the icons in the tech card should list items in the exact same order, in order to minimize confusion (C2C is already "brain-heavy" enough as it is !)

Among other things, indeed.
I've been playing C2C for years now, and I still sometimes don't remember where the next civic is on the tech tree.

Top Bottom