UI modifications (suggestions and discussion)

Is there any chance to get the batch selection of cities (ctrl/alt) to put the city I clicked on at the front of the selection?.

Is there any chance to get the batch selection of cities (ctrl/alt) to put the city I clicked on at the front of the selection?.
It's beyond MY understanding of the situation in the code where batch selections was setup to begin with. Maybe someone more advanced might be able to.

2 xml errors come when starting the game.....
error.jpg

i did SVN update yesterday ...to head class

should we give version number instead
I could not run your save game the other day.

Question are you Overwriting your C2C files with the new files from the SVN? IF you are, Do Not Do that! Delete the old folders like Assets, Public Maps, etc that were changed in the last version. Then copy paste in the New SVN version folders to replacd the deleted ones. Never Ever overwrite C2C files Please.

I could not run your save game the other day.

Question are you Overwriting your C2C files with the new files from the SVN? IF you are, Do Not Do that! Delete the old folders like Assets, Public Maps, etc that were changed in the last version. Then copy paste in the New SVN version folders to replacd the deleted ones. Never Ever overwrite C2C files Please.

so delete manually and then run svn checkout?

so delete manually and then run svn checkout?
You only need to do checkout once, if you play directly from the SVN folder then doing an SVN update is all there is to updating.
Joe was thinking about the setup many have where they copy the contents of their SVN folder into their BtS mods folder each time they have updated their SVN folder, in that case it is imperative that they delete the stuff already in the BtS mods folder before copying over the newest SVN content.

I always do checkout, there is no option to update.
but the checkout deletes /merges files as needed so i never did a manual delete

upload_2020-7-14_8-21-13.png
upload_2020-7-14_8-21-13.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-7-14_8-21-6.png
    upload_2020-7-14_8-21-6.png
    198.4 KB · Views: 153
That would be the first problem. Once you've checked out, you should be able to update - which doesn't exist under the tortoise sub-options but shows up on the first layer of selections when you right click on a repository.

upload_2020-7-13_21-12-28.png

@Trantor your location is not a repository, as can be seen from you having the option "Create repository here". Once you create a repository (do it from scratch not over any existing files), you will get the "SVN Update" option as indicated by TB.

but the checkout deletes /merges files as needed so i never did a manual delete

View attachment 562726View attachment 562726
The keyword "Merged" means it is combining the latest C2C file content with the content of whatever is already inside the folder, this combination means you got file content that is not part of the latest C2C version.

Delete everything in the C2C folder, then do a checkout, after that you should see what TB had in his screenshot, if not then something is wrong with your SVN tortoise installation.
After checkout the SVN stuff in context menu for your local repository should look like this:Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
You only need to do checkout once, if you play directly from the SVN folder then doing an SVN update is all there is to updating.
Joe was thinking about the setup many have where they copy the contents of their SVN folder into their BtS mods folder each time they have updated their SVN folder, in that case it is imperative that they delete the stuff already in the BtS mods folder before copying over the newest SVN content.
Correct, and Thanks for clarifying for me Toffer.

Is there a better way to see the civics other civs have? It gets lost on the diplo screen or is crunched too small to make them all out.

dont u think this is a "little" outrageous??
Perhaps a little, does he know a lot more of the map than you, does he know most of the map you know as well?
It will get cheaper if you explore a bit more first.
I will look into reducing the value of map awareness, and see if there possibly are any logical errors in the evaluation.

Perhaps a little, does he know a lot more of the map than you, does he know most of the map you know as well?
It will get cheaper if you explore a bit more first.
I will look into reducing the value of map awareness, and see if there possibly are any logical errors in the evaluation.
well, it was all explored until that damn event AGAIN that blacks everything over again, HATE that event . . .

Top Bottom