UN discussion: BABE's resignation, part 2

With 4 remaining teams there is a chance of having a 2vs2 situation and that would in itself help balancing the game. Add a "drastic" solution and have Rik edit the gamesave and turn all BABE lands into water. Then it is a 4 palyer game with two "sides".

OTOH this recent discussion has rekindled my interest in the game somewhat. I think the solitude and lack of communication to be strong factors influencing my lack of enthusism. Then again I am stubborn as hell and hate quitting. The main problem right now is that I have let the position slip over the past 20 turns. The campaign vs. Council should have seen massive landings on several sites about 10 turns ago. Those forces now stand idle in the midst of BABE lands. Well, you never know, a few incidents like this and I mightstill be here next christmas. :rolleyes:

Uh, no. The main problem is it takes this game a week for one turn on average. It's really nice that we have rekindled your interest in the game. This will bring a special twinkle in my eye for the holidays.... until i remember that the BABE team is just playing another round of mental ping-pong while our admin is away.

Jeez, Wotan, be a man about this. Be a soldier and do your dooty. Just retire and stop stretching this mess out as long as you can. There's a game to play and personally, I'm not in the mood to watch some pissy, indecisive team ruin it.

You HAVE kept the game limping along in your detached way, and I appreciate your efforts, but enough is enough. Just retire and get out of the way. No more excuses, no more whining, no more strings attached, no more delays. Please.

Stop being so bloody abusive Cyc. You are currently my main objection to this game. I have now made a decission as to what to do. You just accept whatever outcome that will give. BE A MAN ABOUT THAT!!!!!!!!!! Calling someone pissy is definitely beyond what I will ever tolerate from someone. I would really like this guy to be officially warned about his abusive behaviour towards other members of this community. I have little understanding why he is a member of this community since he does not behave in a way I would assume to be adult behaviour.

Oh, good. You've made a decision. Thank you.

And I didn't call you pissy. I called the BABE team pissy. I kissed your your butt as much as I could in that post, Wotan. I think a lot of people have been doing that (just my opinion). I will consider myself warned by the honorable Wotan.

And I'M your current main objection in this game? Please! We've probably never spoken to each other before this thread. Stay off drugs, Wotan...

Moderator Action: Warned for flaming. Wotan, too.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

No, you wake up, markh. There was a whole BABE team. Where were you? Sleeping? What happened to the team, markh? You seem to have the answers. Tell me.

Maybe I misinterpreted the situation from the first BABES's resignation thread, but many of them clearly stated that they are not interested to play the game under the current setup, so from what I've read and understood it is just Wotan left who is playing the turns without much interest just to keep the game going. Maybe I am totally wrong and then of course I apologize to you.

markh, you pretty much hit it on the nail. Cyc, it would be nice if you tone down a little, remember it's the season of love :D

Yes, THERat, you're right. markh is correct. Thank you for agreeing with me. No need to apologize markh. The reason for this forum is to express our views and opinions. Although I may have over reacted to your nasty little comment to me.

Season of Love? Ha. Maybe for children and old people. This is merely the Season of shopping.

I had to tune out of BABE due to RL issues, and when I came back it was a ghost town. Something about the outlook for it being a couple of hundred turns before anything interesting happens. Some people like to watch paint dry and others don't.

One thing I should make very clear. My teammates are not absent out of spite, or ill will toward the game, or for any other less than honorable reason. They agonized over ways to keep the game fun and thereby try to stay active.

Some of you know from DemoGame experience, it is very hard to spend your precious play time on an activity which isn't fun for you any more. We could have just unilaterally exited the game in an unbalancing manner, but we have too much respect for our fellow players and sense of honor toward the game's concept to do that.

It's a problem with an unintended consequence of the map design. We should take this information forward into the next game, to ensure it doesn't repeat.

All is not lost, there is another possibility for turnplayer -- me. But be forewarned, I take several business trips a year, and don't always have Civ or time to play after long hours of work. I can't abide people who complain too much about delays. Reminders, yes -- complaints, no.

Off to the BABE forum to find out if tag teaming with Wotan is feasible.

I have to agree with ThERat. Cyc, your cynicism and rudeness even bother me - and I'm highly critical of team BABE's treatment of this game.

We're all frustrated by the situation. I'd be happy if all the stupid drama would die down and we could just get on with the game. That doesn't excuse us from our obligations of common human decency.

All is not lost, there is another possibility for turnplayer -- me. But be forewarned, I take several business trips a year, and don't always have Civ or time to play after long hours of work. I can't abide people who complain too much about delays. Reminders, yes -- complaints, no.
Here! Here!

:agree:

I, too, have RL issues and cannot always get a turn played inside of 24 hours. The cost of getting a turn played quickly is to sometimes alienate the Charming Mrs. CommandoBob, and that is not too healthy.

So while I enjoy being a Turn Player, even if by default, I rather like the fact that the turns (now) take a few days to make the loop. It means my Civ 3 disk won't disappear (again). It also means I can concentrate on my own SG and SGOTM 13.

Actually, I just made those posts so everyone could spend more time criticizing them and judging me, rather than concentrating on the real problem. Anyone else want to want to waste time telling us who rude I am? We've got plenty of time. Dig in...

You really need to take a deep breath and remember that it is really just a game. They are doing this for you're fu right now not theirs. So stop being an ass.

Timely post, cubsfan. Then again, you are a cubs fan...

Heh...I'm a Sox fan so as much as it thrills me to bash a cubs fan just lighten up in this this thread or there will be problems.

The Babes will do what it takes to make this game continue so relax...

The Babes will do what it takes to make this game continue so relax...

We're not just interested in it continuing but continuing at a decent pace. Are you now volunteering to be a back-up turn taker? If Wotan continues on as primary turn taker and both you and DaveShack act as backups when Wotan can't play then we could return to our earlier good progress. You and DaveShack (and Wotan of course) would have our gratitude.

I agree with donsig. But it's been three days since we've heard anything, except for the people who feel they need to police this thread. I mean I haven't said anything against the BABE team in three days, but the Gestapo feels it needs to fill the thread with comment after comment about me.

Hey I chilled three days ago, but you guys can't let it rest. I took me chill pill, people. If you could be a little less self-righteous and mind your own business, or at least channel all that wasted energy ('cause what you say doesn't mean a hill of beans to me) into trying to help the problem, we might get somewhere. Threaten me all you want. You can get away with it, I can't.

Donsig said:
If Wotan continues on as primary turn taker and both you and DaveShack act as backups when Wotan can't play then we could return to our earlier good progress. You and DaveShack (and Wotan of course) would have our gratitude.
Here, Here! :)

Top Bottom