Unit Creation Sounds Thread

What do you think about a Sounds thread??

• It could be very useful!!!

Votes: 271 84.7%
  • It's OK

Votes: 43 13.4%
  • I don't like the idea,It can't be useful...

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Bad idea!!

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
Alright, I need a large favour here, I'd preferably do this myself, but I can't due to circumstances I will explain.

I need someone that has the expansion to Warcraft 3 (that is Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne) installed on their computer to export every SOUND EFFECT from that game. Not the music or unit speeches and the like, just sound effects like footfalls, cannon shots, arrows, spells etc. Just go to your world editor, go to the sound editor, export the filesto somewhere on your machine, zip them, upload it here and you're done.

Now I do own both Warcraft 3 and the expansion myself, it's just that it's not installed on my current computer, and can't be, and the cd's are at my brother's house anyways. If I can get these sounds, I won't ever need to look anywhere for sound effects (and neither will 90% of all other unit creators) ever again, so many of those effects are so desperately needed. I know this will be a tedious process, but it'll be worth it, trust me.

So someone PLEASE see this and help out. Thanks in advance.:D

Hey! I didnt know this thread!

I may upload ALL the Starcraft Bullet and Misc directories. It may be useful for futuristic mods (miniguns, misiles, alien weapons, bio weapons...)
I may upload the Death sounds from all the units too.
I might upload the voices directory, but they are in Spanish and i know there is an English version.

Shall i upload them?

About the poll, I see it very useful, but it may be more if it had any type of sound classification (ej: voices, runs, builds, explosions, bullets, hits);)

Starcraft? Yeah sure! I do have some futuristic units in mind, eventually, and I'm sure the other creators will benefit from having those sounds. Maybe don't bother with the voices, they're kinda a bit too specific, just get the effects and stuff.

Go for it!

I have clasified them by race (it is very hard to determine in other form).
These zips only contains sounds from the Bullet directory.
Forum dont let me to upload 7 files, so, i will upload later other 2 from Bullet Dir.

If you (reader) dont know starcraft, Protoss are an elder civilizations and Terran the common humans. This may help you to identify what you want to download.

Attachments

• bullet - Protoss1.zip
    421.2 KB · Views: 376
  • bullet - Protoss2.zip
    220.8 KB · Views: 320
  • Bullet - Terran1.zip
    426.9 KB · Views: 353
  • Bullet - Terran2.zip
    415.8 KB · Views: 346
  • Bullet - Terran3.zip
    294.8 KB · Views: 326
More Starcraft sounds...

Attachments

• Bullet - Zerg1.zip
    440.8 KB · Views: 297
  • Bullet - Zerg2.zip
    242.4 KB · Views: 296
  • misc - explosions1.zip
    416.2 KB · Views: 325
  • misc - explosions2.zip
    216.3 KB · Views: 302
  • misc - misc1.zip
    297.8 KB · Views: 309
More Starcraft sounds...

Attachments

• misc - misc2.zip
    450.6 KB · Views: 320
  • misc - misc3.zip
    422.1 KB · Views: 346
  • terran deaths 1.zip
    440.6 KB · Views: 345
  • terran deaths 2.zip
    459.4 KB · Views: 332
  • terran deaths 3.zip
    357.8 KB · Views: 316
Protoss deaths

Attachments

• protoss deaths 1.zip
    499 KB · Views: 297
  • protoss deaths 2.zip
    432.4 KB · Views: 315
  • protoss deaths 3.zip
    313.4 KB · Views: 309
Space for starcraft sounds....
I prefer to upload all the files nearby. It eases a search.
I think i might have enough space.

Is it a bird? Is it an airplane? No! It's Blizzard coming to sue you! ;)

I have to upload the SCV mining. It is PERFECT for Bebro's workbee!

Blizzard sounds great! :p

Orthanc, I don't have the Starcraft III sounds, but I DO have all the Half-life, Counter-Strike and Day of Defeat sounds, so I can get you about a dozen different step, run and jump sounds as well as various grunts, gunshots, crossbow, explosion, and environmental sounds, not to mention all the animal and alien sounds as well (about 90% of the custom sounds I made were from this vast library of HL sounds). I could email them if you wanted any....

I'm mainly after all 'medieval' sounds, crossbow may be helpful, mainly I'm after various wood creaks, rattles etc, some big bow shots, more catapult stuff etc. Modern and Future sounds are set for me, since I have access to the entire Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 sound library, which is quite awesome.

Shucks, there's a whole slew of Creaky wood and rattling sounds in the ambient sounds folders alone....

Huge archive, some very good sounds can be found here, I'm pretty sure it's all free too:

Sounddogs.com

I have alot of sounds from old games that I have. If you need one, just request in this forum. I'm going on vacation, so it might take a while, but I'll try

Here's an evil laugh that sounds like a demon. (Actually i just slowed down the Sith Master Laugh)

Attachments

• SatanLaugh.zip
    268.5 KB · Views: 299
Top Bottom